Have you been persecuted or treated unfairly by the Brown Cafe?

fxdwg

Long Time Member
What Tie said in #37....

I think SOCKS needs to come back with full posting priveledges. He's offensive, but he's still a part of the UPS family.
Just because he says things offensive to some shouldn't make his words banished or moderated forever.

I didn't use the words "BC family" first...I picked it up here......Is he "family" or not????

UPSSOCKS

What Tie said in #37....

I think SOCKS needs to come back with full posting priveledges. He's offensive, but he's still a part of the UPS family.
Just because he says things offensive to some shouldn't make his words banished or moderated forever.

I didn't use the words "BC family" first...I picked it up here......Is he "family" or not????

I hope they keep me in mod queue forever. I like it here. The only bad part is if I make a spelling error I can't modify my post after the fact.

Last edited by a moderator:

rod

Retired 22 years
all right-----now we have the suit and tie crowd arguing. Our secret diaboliical plan is working.

my- those last 2 posts didn't take long to get deleted

UPSSOCKS

Tie, while I agree with you it's a dead issue. Cheryl will keep me in mod que just because people are crying for my release. In the mean time go in peace and follow my teachings.... Just know somewhere someone is paying for everything that angers you...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Tie, while I agree with you it's a dead issue. Cheryl will keep me in mod que just because people are crying for my release. In the mean time go in peace and follow my teachings.... Just know somewhere someone is paying for everything that angers you...

I smile every time I see a tear in the eyes of the devil because that means somebody somewhere is happy. Paul Thorn

We'll keep on the outlook for the coming of the Anti-Socks.

satellitedriver

its your house . Piss on the furniture if you must.
Why?
When we have company that can do it for us.
Mods are just the air freshener sprayed in the room.
Okay, enough metaphor.
I am the least best of the mods, but I take the position seriously.
The diligence that Cheryl, Scratch, Hoax and all the other mods is something that most posters will never see.
I am amazed at how grown people can whine about hurt feelings and words posted, when they are willing to work at UPS daily.
My interpretation of BC's TOS is very simple.
Speak your mind openly and honestly without personal attacks.
In my experience, behind the BC brown curtain, favoritism has never come into play in the moderation.

DS

Fenderbender
Tie ,I will talk to Klein.Hoax,stop teasing Tie.Cheryl it's all good.
Hey do you all remember the uk guy? If I remember correctly,
I was rather rude to him at first ,until I got to know him.
Before I volunteered to be a mod,and maybe a few times after,I have regretted saying things I reacted to.
Everyone is inclined to be rash when they disagree strongly with a post.
We are a family,and sleeve is right that we are entitled to our opinions,but we must learn to respect each others right to them.
There will be no more pissing on the chesterfield:wink2:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Before I volunteered to be a mod,and maybe a few times after,I have regretted saying things I reacted to.
We are a family,and sleeve is right that we are entitled to our opinions,but we must learn to respect each others right to them.

But it's fun

Chesterfield? Is that a Queens English term?

UPSSOCKS

My point is where is the MOD with my point of view????? You have Mod's with all sorts of different views but where is the one with my point of view. That's why I am singled out...... I am different, embrace my differences... It's time for a change..... SOCKS for MOD!!!!!!!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
My point is where is the MOD with my point of view????? You have Mod's with all sorts of different views but where is the one with my point of view. That's why I am singled out...... I am different, embrace my differences... It's time for a change..... SOCKS for MOD!!!!!!!!

Somehow I don't believe you have displayed the behavioral attributes that Cheryl looks for when she asks someone to be a MOD.

satellitedriver

I don't think so.

tieguy

Banned
Why?
Okay, enough metaphor.
The diligence that Cheryl, Scratch, Hoax and all the other mods is something that most posters will never see.
I am amazed at how grown people can whine about hurt feelings and words posted, when they are willing to work at UPS daily.
In my experience, behind the BC brown curtain, favoritism has never come into play in the moderation.

I think you must be careful what you ask for when you ask for an opinion as this thread does. If you want honest feedback then you have to be prepared to listen. If you're going to ask the members here their opinion then you should not attack them for giving it.

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
And you say tie is not a sensitive guy. :wink2:

Your lack of ability to separate my posts from my being a Moderator is quite amusing.

Why?
Okay, enough metaphor.
looks like whining and hurt feelings to me?

ok lead by example.

Except for that one blurb a good post.

Illustrating the point. I'm not sure why we ask for an opinion if we're going to jump on the guy who actually gives it?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
tieguy;767623 I'm surprised to see people say if you dont like it go somewhere else but yet when they are told the same at ups they get upset. [/QUOTE said:
Tie agrees with me ,since he apparently cannot seperate the fact he is no longer in charge of anything after work, and cannot seperate life after UPS with life inside it.

whiskey

I was watching a major league baseball game last night. There was a man on first with one out. The batter hit a ground ball between first and second base. The first baseman moved deftly to his right, partially shielded by the runner on first who was moving toward second base. The first baseman made a nice play, first catching up with the ground ball and then delivering the ball to the second baseman for the force out. The relay to first to complete the double play was not in time.
But the slow motion replay clearly showed that the second baseman had completely taken his foot of second base before he caught the ball from the first baseman and threw the ball back to the pitcher who was covering first. In fact, he was so far off second base, that he was in another zip code. And the announcer commented that he was in the "general location of second base." And no one challenged the "out" call by the second base umpire.