Have you been persecuted or treated unfairly by the Brown Cafe?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Whiskey, that is commonly called a "neighborhood tag" as the second baseman was "in the neighborhood" when he made the force out. The reason usually given is that if the ball was there in time than the runner is out whether or not the infielder actually touched the base.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
This site is a diversion, a place to vent, a good spot for info, and not least, free entertainment. I can't say I've ever been offended by anything posted. This pales compared to real life. It's hard to tell if the site is slanted one way or the other since most of us don't know who got moderated or who didn't. Just like at work. It's not my problem or my business who gets hauled in the office. Seldom is the party completely not-guilty. There are lines drawn in all aspects of life. We choose whether we cross them or not. The colorful characters on here on both sides of the fence keep me coming back. Enough rambling, good day. BM

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Other than the occassional satirical smackdown by Hoax, I enjoy my time here. I am not afraid to say that I have learned a few things while I have been here and hope that I may have helped someone along the way.

I have also learned a lot about human nature during my time here.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Other than the occassional satirical smackdown by Hoax, I enjoy my time here. I am not afraid to say that I have learned a few things while I have been here and hope that I may have helped someone along the way.

That's a good thing, learning something new. Isn't that what life's all about? :wink2:

I was watching a major league baseball game last night. There was a man on first with one out. The batter hit a ground ball between first and second base. The first baseman moved deftly to his right, partially shielded by the runner on first who was moving toward second base. The first baseman made a nice play, first catching up with the ground ball and then delivering the ball to the second baseman for the force out. The relay to first to complete the double play was not in time.
But the slow motion replay clearly showed that the second baseman had completely taken his foot of second base before he caught the ball from the first baseman and threw the ball back to the pitcher who was covering first. In fact, he was so far off second base, that he was in another zip code. And the announcer commented that he was in the "general location of second base." And no one challenged the "out" call by the second base umpire.
I'm sure this is a parable for something, but for all my efforts I can't relate it to the thread. I understand the "neighborhood" call at second base,( umpired several years before having to give it up to drive for UPS.)
How does this fit? seriously, not criticizing.

island1fox

:dissapointed:Cheryl,
I have found the moderators to be polite and fair. I do not believe the cafe has some kind of secret agenda.
I have seen the "Company View" and the "Union View" --both presented and discussed with passion -------In current events --where things can get very heated ----I have seen all views posted and discussed . Most of us will agree with each other or agree to disagree in a respectable manner. Others at times will show "thin skin" and also a few will be outright rude ------in these case --I have observed the moderators doing the best they can do ---but as we all know --you cannot please everyone.
Keep up the good job -------I am sorry that you have to go through some of this because of a few idiots !!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
From this day forward any even remotely offensive or rude post , I am reporting. I hope everyone else joins in reporting every little infraction. Pretty soon we will have a tea-and-crumpet type forum where everyone's walking on eggshells.

Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

Report away.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

From this day forward any even remotely offensive or rude post , I am reporting. I hope everyone else joins in reporting every little infraction. Pretty soon we will have a tea-and-crumpet type forum where everyone's walking on eggshells.

Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

Report away.

It's been nice knowing you guys.:sad-little:

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
I also use this site as an "early warning net" concern changes at UPS. The preload supervisor that I haul loads for was amazed when I foretold the downsizing. And I learned all of that from right here on BC.

Report away.

How entertaining will looking at a blank screen be?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Illustrating the point. I'm not sure why we ask for an opinion if we're going to jump on the guy who actually gives it?

I did not ask for your opinion ... Cheryl did!

I guess in hindsight, I should have not responded to any posts on here since it seems to be totally beyond some people's grasp to separate my posts from my moderation responsibilities.

whiskey

There is no such thing as a neighborhood tag in the rules of major league baseball. Either you touch the base or you don't. My point is, that a whole nation has accepted this breaking of the rule. Cheryl started this thread to find out where the neighborhood tags are on BC, if any. I don't know the answer.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I've been to teamsternet and I really don't want to go back there.
So please continue to correct me whenever you see fit .
I will not be offended.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
I just like to make stupid comments to engage those that think that BC is to be taken seriously all the time. Sometimes levity is appropriate.

Thanks

bbsam

Catatonic

Nine Lives

LOL ...that's funny Dave, not to mention insincere! I strive to reach your level of satire ... or sarcasm for that matter and I read your posts just to catch that bit of biting humor you throw our way.

Humor and good-natured ribbing is what I enjoy most in life and here on Brown Cafe.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I know that I have made a lot of posts that I deleted myself. I guess I am over moderated too.

tieguy

Banned
I did not ask for your opinion ... Cheryl did!

I guess in hindsight, I should have not responded to any posts on here since it seems to be totally beyond some people's grasp to separate my posts from my moderation responsibilities.

I cant help it if your too shallow and sensitive to take some feeback. You keep trying to represent yourself as misunderstood humor but I notice you keep coming back for more.

perhaps we can get someone to moderate this run amok moderator? Or at least give me the rights to ignore this guys self serving posts?

case in point again.
scratch if you get a chance see if you can send hoax to charm school and teach him some class.

tieguy

Banned
cheryl I previously did not address the persecution question since I thought the use of the word may have been too strong.

But now I see hoax following me from one thread to another desperately trying to get the last word and I'm starting to wonder if it may not actually belong here in this conversation.