Have You Ever Taken A Day Off Just To Chill Out?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Definitely.
I get 6 weeks vacation and 5 Discretionary days and my job does not really let me take but 2 maybe 3 weeks off (M-friend).
That's a lot of days to take here and there.
If I'm feeling worn out and I see a free day in my schedule, I jump on it.

porkwagon

Just got a new pack of personals and its been pretty gloomy weatherwise in the Philly area. Took off today and was gonna do something to spruce up the place a little but never got passed walking the dog a couple tlmes and lurking around here. Just chilled.

broncobros1

Between the "chickens running around like their Heads cut off " because of the AUDIT, road construction, 60 mile detours , weather, breakdowns, and the STUPID drivers epidemic .......

I had to take the day off.

Took the big dog for a walk in the rain, did some yard work and generally just chilled out.

Felt like the right thing to do. I still have over 30 SD's on the books. Maybe I should do this more often.

Have any of you ever done this and not felt guilty about it?
I feel your pain...actually took 3 days off. Relaxed and sniped squirrels for 2 days...a good way to take out frustrations at work.

UPSERNOJ

I use all my sick days to just "chill out". These are days for "just me". Do absolutely nothing. I look forward to those days off. :happy-very:

UPS Lifer

CHINESE SICK LEAVE: "I NO COME WORK TODAY!!!"

Hung Chow calls into work and says, "Hey, I no come work today,

I really sick. Got headache, stomach ache and legs hurt, I no
come work."

The boss says, "You know something, Hung Chow, I really need you
today.

When I feel like this, I go to my wife and tell her to give me
sex. That makes everything better and I go to work. You try that."

Two hours later Hung Chow calls again. "I do what you say and I
feel great.

I be at work soon........ You got nice house."!

-----------------------------------------------
Ironically, I was reading this thread yesterday and was amused at some of the posts .... About 8:30 PM last night the security gate rings my phone and it is a "UPS Driver". I have not received any packages this late so I was real concerned. I also have a woman driver and the voice was a man's. Most of the drivers know the gate code. Fortunately, I could tell it was UPS from the sound of the package car and there were two drivers. One driver had to go help the utility driver finish the route. These guys are at least 40 minutes from the center and still had deliveries left.

I felt real bad for them and remembered this thread! Every time any of us call in it affects someone (or many) others.

I called in sick one time and the utility driver had a run-away. The car went down the hill and into a house. I always remembered that going forward.

Something to think about....

MikeTbob

come work."

today.

feel great.

Ironically, I was reading this thread yesterday and was amused at some of the posts .... About 8:30 PM last night the security gate rings my phone and it is a "UPS Driver". I have not received any packages this late so I was real concerned. I also have a woman driver and the voice was a man's. Most of the drivers know the gate code. Fortunately, I could tell it was UPS from the sound of the package car and there were two drivers. One driver had to go help the utility driver finish the route. These guys are at least 40 minutes from the center and still had deliveries left.

I felt real bad for them and remembered this thread! Every time any of us call in it affects someone (or many) others.

I called in sick one time and the utility driver had a run-away. The car went down the hill and into a house. I always remembered that going forward.

HAHA, funny joke, I like it.

I understand how you feel about affecting other peoples day when you call in, it sucks I'm sure, but those dudes got the same training we did and if they have a roll-away, that's his own fault. I mean, I feel for the guy, but I don't see how that would relate to me taking the day off.
You could look at it this way too, although it's less attractive....If you had gone to work that day, it could have been you with the roll-away. Enjoy those days off and let the TCD's/Cover drivers do their jobs. :happy2::happy2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

come work."

today.

feel great.

Cutting us down to 14 rtes will do that. Sorry you had to wait til so late. I am quite sure that your driver was not happy about it either, his rte was one that was cut yesterday and had to cover for your driver. I don't think there was a utility in Sedona yesterday. I could be wrong though.

You are right about calling in affecting everyone else. My point to that is this: If we weren't being worked 10 hrs or more everyday then there may not be as many call ins. If they weren't breaking out 2 and more rtes a day............ well then maybe............

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I will be staying home today to nurse a mild ankle sprain. I rolled my ankle about 1/2 way through the day yesterday and the X-rays were negative but there is slight swelling and soreness. It's not to the point where I will have lost time but my on-car asked if I wanted to stay home and take care of it so here I am. We have plenty of coverage and I will go back on Thursday. I have a few errands to run and then will treat myself to lunch and a movie (who knows--maybe I'll buy myself a drink or two and then take advantage of myself:wink2:).

Last edited by a moderator: