Have You Ever Taken A Day Off Just To Chill Out?

jennie

I will be staying home today to nurse a mild ankle sprain. I rolled my ankle about 1/2 way through the day yesterday and the X-rays were negative but there is slight swelling and soreness. It's not to the point where I will have lost time but my on-car asked if I wanted to stay home and take care of it so here I am. We have plenty of coverage and I will go back on Thursday. I have a few errands to run and then will treat myself to lunch and a movie (who knows--maybe I'll buy myself a drink or two and then take advantage of myself:wink2:).

You know the saying is," you have to love yourself before you can love someone else" so your mind is in the rigth place! Oh and taking a day to just chill out, I can do that every day because I have to be at work at 4:45am, and usually done by 9ish.

UPS Lifer

Cutting us down to 14 rtes will do that. Sorry you had to wait til so late. I am quite sure that your driver was not happy about it either, his rte was one that was cut yesterday and had to cover for your driver. I don't think there was a utility in Sedona yesterday. I could be wrong though.

You are right about calling in affecting everyone else. My point to that is this: If we weren't being worked 10 hrs or more everyday then there may not be as many call ins. If they weren't breaking out 2 and more rtes a day............ well then maybe............

Can you imagine what it is going to be like when July hits! My heart goes out for you and the other drivers!

Braveheart

I wish we could store up the days. We get paid off at the end of the year if not used up.

I use them for Dr and dental appts. But there are 2 or 3 that are for mental health.

Last edited:
If i am sick i go to work unless it's is the flu or something serious, I make sure to keep my sick days for mental health and sick kids.
When I call in i make sure i say "I will not be in tonight" and never say I am sick and not coming in.