Hazard pay petition

Brownsocks

Just a dog
I'll bet you've never even ASKED one solitary Ground driver if they thought if they were getting a fair (livable) wage.

You're claiming it's a fair wage because you said so?

Let's see...
1. 10-12 hours a day.
2. Zero overtime.
3. No health insurance or if offered premiums are thru the roof.
4. One week's PAID vacation at best and in a lot cases non-existent.
5. Heavy lifting and maneuvering without assistance with stuff that should go to Freight.
6. No A/C all summer long.

Maybe you ought to try doing this for a month (doubtful you could handle it) then get back to us.
Sounds like being an Amazon driver would be an upgrade since they only deliver envelopes.

It will be fine

I'll bet you've never even ASKED one solitary Ground driver if they thought if they were getting a fair (livable) wage.

Let's see...
1. Up to 12 hours a day.
2. Zero overtime.
5. Heavy lifting and maneuvering without assistance with stuff that should go to Freight.
7. Working on Sundays

Maybe you ought to try doing this for a month (doubtful you could handle it) then get back to us.
I had 1 employee that broke 8 hours yesterday. Everything else on your list is equally wrong. I’m not sure why you try to speak with authority about something you don’t have any experience with.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

I'm claiming it's a fair wage BECAUSE THEY SAY SO.

Let's see...
1. Up to 12 hours a day.
2. Zero overtime.
7. Working on Sundays

Yet they keep going back despite the existence of better options. If it's as bad as you say it is, why haven't they quit?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I'm claiming it's a fair wage BECAUSE THEY SAY SO.

Yet they keep going back despite the existence of better options. If it's as bad as you say it is, why haven't they quit?
Oh I see 0% turnover at Ground per Dano.

And who is THEY? Fred and the sharholders?

Cactus

I had 1 employee that broke 8 hours yesterday. Everything else on your list is equally wrong.
You are such a liar. Just the type the Fred wants. Everything on that list is the truth.

Tell you what...get your drivers (you know the one’s you consider stupid) and have them sign up here and contribute to this thread to tell all of us how wonderful it is to work for you. Bet you can’t get even one guy to do it. They’ll probably laugh in your face.

AB831

And yet FedEx has a hard time getting people much less keeping them. Express drivers may not be skilled but with the demands of the job, we deserve every penny we get. When you’ve missed many of your kids games, programs, Christmas seasons, etc., you’ll start feeling differently. Do we deserve to make as much as UPS, IMO, no, but we sure don’t deserve less than we make because we’re “unskilled”.
You're the second one to miss my point. I'm not saying that we should be paid less, i'm saying that we should be grateful to be getting paid what we are. As in.....we shouldn't be entitled. I see more entitlement at my station than I've ever seen in my life. That shouldn't be a thing within a blue collar community. That's all i'm saying.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You're the second one to miss my point. I'm not saying that we should be paid less, i'm saying that we should be grateful to be getting paid what we are. As in.....we shouldn't be entitled. I see more entitlement at my station than I've ever seen in my life. That shouldn't be a thing within a blue collar community. That's all i'm saying.
So let me get this straight. You’re saying that because we are blue collar workers that we shouldn’t feel entitled. Only white collar workers should fee entitled. Why is that?

Long before you worked at FedEx, a job as a FedEx courier or UPS driver were very much coveted jobs because they were good careers with excellent benefits. At FedEx, if you didn’t know someone on the inside it was very difficult to get in. At UPS, you had to be a handler for a long time before you could become a driver because there were rarely openings. There are many, many UPS drivers with 25+ years there.

I resent the fact that you feel because we’re only blue collar that we are somehow beneath a white collar worker. Because they might wear a suit and tie to work and we wear uniforms? That doesn’t make them any better. Maybe you need to go back to your white collar job since you think being a FedEx courier is so easy and beneath you.

dezguy

This job, no matter what kind of route you have, will take its toll on your body. So why shouldn't people be compensated for that?

Do this long enough, you WILL have issues.

AB831

So let me get this straight. You’re saying that because we are blue collar workers that we shouldn’t feel entitled. Only white collar workers should fee entitled. Why is that?

Long before you worked at FedEx, a job as a FedEx courier or UPS driver were very much coveted jobs because they were good careers with excellent benefits. At FedEx, if you didn’t know someone on the inside it was very difficult to get in. At UPS, you had to be a handler for a long time before you could become a driver because there were rarely openings. There are many, many UPS drivers with 25+ years there.

I resent the fact that you feel because we’re only blue collar that we are somehow beneath a white collar worker. Because they might wear a suit and tie to work and we wear uniforms? That doesn’t make them any better. Maybe you need to go back to your white collar job since you think being a FedEx courier is so easy and beneath you.
Are intentionally missing my point? Did I say white collar workers should feel entitled? No, nor did I imply it. Did I say blue collar workers are beneath white collar workers? No, nor did I imply it. What I DID say is that FedEx and UPS are unskilled labor positions. The HUGE majority of unskilled labor positions pay minimum wage or close to it. Ours pay enough that we can actually make a living off of it and for that we are fortunate. Is it okay to say we’re fortunate or will you infer some kind of insult from that too?

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Are intentionally missing my point? Did I say white collar workers should feel entitled? No, nor did I imply it. Did I say blue collar workers are beneath white collar workers? No, nor did I imply it. What I DID say is that FedEx and UPS are unskilled labor positions. The HUGE majority of unskilled labor positions pay minimum wage or close to it. Ours pay enough that we can actually make a living off of it and for that we are fortunate. Is it okay to say we’re fortunate or will you infer some kind of insult from that too?
When you make 20 or 25 dollars an hour less than the industry leader and get no healthcare its time to organize. Target distribution will pay you $20 hr starting to drive a forklift and that is a hell of alot better than being a contractors pet.

AB831

When you make 20 or 25 dollars an hour less than the industry leader and get no healthcare its time to organize. Target distribution will pay you $20 hr starting to drive a forklift and that is a hell of alot better than being a contractors pet.
I agree Ground should definitely organize. If Fat Freddie is going to foist the least profitable component of Express onto them and demand that they make service under his guidelines, they have every right to be paid as an employee of the company. His parsimony may end up coming back to haunt him here.

Working4the1%

Good news. GROUND drivers will make more money if they Quit due to unsafe work conditions. 4 month paid vacation with higher pay!! USA USA USA

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Yet plenty of Ground drivers (and others) will see that and not apply.

Odd behavior for someone who's allegedly getting screwed.

Cactus

Yet plenty of Ground drivers (and others) will see that and not apply.

Odd behavior for someone who's allegedly getting screwed.
There’s not a Target distribution center in every town either. Maybe they’re so scared to open up another because all the FedEx Ground drivers are so happy and being paid embarrassingly high salaries and therefore no one will apply and poor Target might go belly up.

Oh the horror!