Heard Any Good Ones: Archive

M

moreluck

Thoughts to get you through almost any crisis:

* If you find something you like, buy a lifetime supply, because they will stop making it.

* You can't tell which way the train went by looking at the track.

* By the time you can make ends meet, they move the ends.

* Someone who thinks logically is a nice contrast to the real world.

* The other line always moves faster until you get in it.

* Friends may come and go but enemies accumulate.

* If you think there is good in everybody, you haven't met everybody.

* If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

* One seventh of your life is spent on Monday.

* There is always one more son-of-a-<FONT COLOR="ff0000">•••••</FONT> than you counted on.

* All things equal, fat people use more soap.

M

moreluck

BASHING BOTH SEXES...

What is it when a man talks nasty to a woman? - Sexual Harassment.

What is it when a woman talks nasty to a man? - $3.99 a minute.

How many men does it take to change a light bulb? - None, they just sit there in the dark and complain.

Why is it so hard for women to find men that are sensitive, caring and good looking? - Because those men already have boyfriends.

What's the difference between a new husband and a new dog? - After a year, the dog is still excited to see you.

What do you call a smart blonde? - A golden retriever.

What is the difference between a battery and a woman? - A battery has a positive side.

Do you know the punishment for bigamy? - Two mothers-in-law.

What's the difference between a girlfriend and a wife? - About 45 pounds.

What's the difference between a boyfriend and a husband? - About 45 minutes.

How can you tell if your husband is dead? - The sex is the same, but you get the remote.

How do men sort their laundry? - "Filthy" and "Filthy but wearable".

M

moreluck

THE BIGGEST LIES.....

The check is in the mail.
I'll respect you in the morning.
It's only a cold sore.
Trust me. I'll take care of everything.
Drinking? Why, no Officer.
I never inhaled.
You get this one. I'll pay next time.
...but we can still be good friends.
Don't worry. He's never bitten anyone.
I never watch TV except for PBS.
Read my lips - no new taxes.
...then take a left. You can't miss it.
Don't worry, it's OK - I'm sterile.
I gave at the office.
It's not the money, it's the principle.
I've never done anything like this before.
Now, I'm going to tell you the truth.
Don't worry - I can go another 20 miles when
that guage is on empty.

M

moreluck

Liberal Democrat

A first grade teacher explains to her class that she is a liberal Democrat. She asks her students to raise their hands if they were liberal Democrats.
Not really knowing what a liberal Democrat was but wanting to be like their teacher, their hands explode into the air like fleshy fireworks. There is, however, one exception. A girl named Lucy has not gone along with the crowd. The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different.
"Because I'm not a liberal Democrat."
"Then", asks the teacher, "what are you?"
"Why I'm a proud conservative Republican," boasts the little girl.
The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red. She asks Lucy why she is a conservative Rebuplican.
"Well, I was brought up to trust in myself instead of relying on a government to care for me and do all of my thinking. My dad and mom are conservative Republicans too."
The teacher is now angry. "That's no reason," she says loudly. "What if your mom was a maroon and your dad was a maroon. What would you be then?"
A pause, and a smile. "Then," says Lucy, "I'd be a liberal Democrat."

M

moreluck

SHAVING...

A man enters a barber shop for a shave. While the barber is foaming him up, he mentions the problem he has getting a close shave around his cheeks.
"I have just the thing," says the barber taking a small wooden ball from a nearby drawer. "Just place this between your cheek and gum."
The client places the ball in his mouth and proceeds with the closest shave the man has ever experienced. After a few strokes, the client asks
in garbled speech, "And what if I swallow it?"
"No problem" says the barber. "Just bring it back tomorrow like everyone else does!"

M

moreluck

***** NEW PROVERBS *****

* If you are too open-minded, your brains will fall out.
* Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
* Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away - and barefoot.
* Going to church doesn't make you a Christian anymore than going to a garage makes you a mechanic.
* If you must choose between 2 evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
* My idea of housework is to sweep the room with a glance.
* It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.
* For every action, there is an equal and opposite government program.
* If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.
* Always yield to temptation because it may not pass your way again.
* A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good.
* Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.
* No husband has ever been shot while doing the dishes.
* Men are from earth. Women are from earth. Deal with it.

M

moreluck

***** Two Blind Pilots *****

One day at a busy airport, the passengers on a commercial airliner are seated, waiting for the cockpit crew to show up so they can get under way.
The pilot and co-pilot finally show up in the rear of the plane and begin walking up to the cockpit through the center aisle.
Both appear to be blind. The pilot is using a white cane, bumping into passengers right and left as he stumbles down the aisle. The co-pilot is using a guide dog. Both have their eyes covered with huge sunglasses.
At first the passengers do not react, thinking that it must be some sort of practical joke. However, after a few minutes the engines start revving and the plane starts moving down the runway.
The passengers look at each other with some uneasiness, whispering among themselves and looking desparately to the stewardess for reassurance.
Then the airplane starts accelerating rapidly and people begin panicking. Some passengers are praying, and as the plane gets closer and closer to the end of the runway, the voices are becoming more &amp; more hysterical.
Finally, when the plane has less than 20 feet of runway left, there is a sudden change in the pitch of the shouts as everyone screams at once, and at the very last moment the plane lifts off and is airborne.
Up in the cockpit, the co-pilot breathes a sigh of relief and turns to the pilot: "You know, one of these days the passengers aren't going to scream and we're all gonna get killed!"

V

vic

Working
How To Maintain A Healthy Level Of Insanity In The Workplace

1. Page yourself over the intercom. Don't disguise your voice.

2. Find out where your boss shops and buy exactly the same outfits.

Wear them one day after your boss does. This is especially effective if your boss is of a different gender than you.

3. Make up nicknames for all your coworkers and refer to them only by these names. "That's a good point, Sparky." "No, I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree with you there, Cha-Cha."

4. Send e-mail to the rest of the company telling them exactly what you're doing. For example: "If anyone needs me, I'll be in the bathroom."

5. While sitting at your desk, soak your fingers in Palmolive liquid. Call everyone "Madge".

6. Hi-Lite your shoes. Tell people you haven't lost them as much since you did this.

7. Hang mosquito netting around your cubicle. When you emerge to get coffee or a printout or whatever, slap yourself randomly the whole way.

8. Put a chair facing a printer. Sit there all day and tell people you're waiting for your document.

9. Every time someone asks you to do something, anything, ask them if they want fries with that.

10. Send e-mail back and forth to yourself, engaging yourself in an intellectual debate. Forward the mail to a co-worker and ask her to settle the disagreement.

11. Encourage your colleagues to join you in a little synchronized chair-dancing.

12. Put your trash can on your desk. Label it "IN."

13. Feign an unnatural and hysterical fear of staplers.

14. Send e-mail messages saying there's free pizza or donuts or cake in the lunchroom. When people drift back to work complaining that they found none, lean back, pat your stomach and say, "Oh, you've got to be faster than that!"

V

vic

The Lord &amp; Noah
The Lord spoke to Noah and said, "I'm very angry with the way things are going on earth --- this is not what I had in mind! I have accordingly decided to destroy it and start over! In 6 months I'm going to make it rain until the whole earth is covered with water just like before, and all the evil is destroyed; if not, I will wring it out like an old sponge. But rather than start from scratch, I'm still considering saving a few good people, and two of every kind of living thing on the planet. So I'm ordering you to build an Ark for this purpose." And with a flash of lightning, He delivered the specs for an Ark.

"Yes Lord!" said Noah, trembling in fear and fumbling with the blueprints.

"Don't forget!" thundered God's voice, "In 6 months it starts to rain! You'd better have that Ark built or learn to tread water, indefinitely!".

Six months passed. The skies began to cloud up and rain began to fall. The Lord saw that Noah was just sitting out in his yard in the rain, weeping. There was no sign of an Ark. "Noah!" shouted the Lord through the thunder and lightning, "Where is my Ark?!"

A sobbing Noah answered, "Lord, please forgive me! I did my best, but there were BIG problems. First I had to get a Building Permit for the Ark, and your plans didn't meet the code. So I had to hire an engineer to re-draw the plans. You know how that goes.

"Then there was a huge upset about whether or not the Ark needed a fire sprinkler system. My neighbors objected, claiming I was violating zoning by building an Ark in my front yard, so I had to get a variance from the city council!

"Then, I couldn't get enough wood for the Ark because some earth-sanctifying organizations have instigated a ban on cutting trees in order to save the spotted numbat. I had to convince the Department of Conservation and Land Management that I needed the wood so I could save the numbats; it was the only way out. But then they wouldn't let me catch any numbats! So, no numbats.

"Then the carpenters formed a union and went out on strike. I had to negotiate a settlement with the Industrial Relations Commission before anyone would pick up a saw or a hammer. Now we have 16 carpenters going on the boat, but how am I to pay them? And still no numbats!

"When I realized the building of the Ark was stalled, I thought I could at least start gathering up pairs of animals, but I promptly got sued by an animal rights group. They insisted if the threat was real, I had to save ALL the animals, not just one pair of each. I just got that suit dismissed when the EPA notified me I couldn't use the Ark, without filing an environmental impact statement on your proposed flood. They didn't take kindly to the idea that they have no jurisdiction over the conduct of a Supreme Being that none of them personally knows to exist.

"Then the Royal Australian Army wanted a map of the proposed new flood plain. I sent them a globe. They returned it with a note that read, 'As any fool can see, water will NOT adhere to a round globe; it will fall off.'

"Right now, I'm trying to resolve a complaint from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission over how many Croatians I'm supposed to hire. Most of them are involved in some kind of uprising. In the meantime, the IRS has seized all my assets, claiming I'm trying to avoid paying taxes by leaving the country, and I just received a nasty notice from some state agency about owing them some kind of 'use' tax.

"I really don't see any way I can finish your Ark for at least another five years!" Noah wailed. "Dear God, do you have a solution?"

Suddenly, the sky cleared! The sun came out! A rainbow arched across the heavens! Noah looked up and sighed with relief. "You mean you're not going to destroy the earth after all?"

"No," replied the Lord, "the government is doing it just fine, without any help from Me."

M

moreluck

***** Car Acronyms *****

AUDI - All Unnecessary Devices Installed.

BMW - Brutal Money Waster

BUICK - Big Ugly Indestructible Car Killer

CHEVROLET - Can Hear Every Valve Rap On Long
Extended Trips.

DODGE - Drips Oil, Drops Grease Everywhere.

FIAT - Fix It Again, Tony

FORD - First On Recall Day

GM - General Maintenance

GMC - Got a Mechanic Coming?

HONDA - Had One Never Did Again

HYUNDAI - Hope You Understand Nothing's Drivable
And Inexpensive

MAZDA - Most Always Zipping Dangerously Along.

OLDSMOBILE - Overpriced Leisurely Driven Sedan
Made Of Buick's Irregular Leftover Equipt.

SAAB - Send Another Auto Back

TOYOTA - Too Often Yankees Overprice This Auto.

VOLVO - Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object.

VW - Virtually Worthless

M

moreluck

HOW TO IMPRESS A WOMAN......
Compliment her, cuddle her, kiss her, caress her, love her, stroke her, comfort her, protect her, hug her, hold her, wine &amp; dine her, listen to her, support her and go to the ends of the earth for her.

HOW TO IMPRESS A MAN.......
Show up naked and bring beer.

R

retired

Miracle Worker
Two guys and a union worker were fishing on a lake one day, when Jesus walked across the water and joined them in the boat. When the three astonished men had settled down enough to speak, the first guy asked, humbly, "Jesus, I've suffered from back pain ever since I took shrapnel in the Vietnam War...could you help me?"

"Of course, my son," Jesus said, and when he touched the man's back, he felt relief for the first time in years.

The second man, who wore very thick glasses and had a hard time reading and driving, asked if Jesus could do anything about his eyesight.

Jesus smiled, removed the man's glasses and tossed them in the lake. When they hit the water, the man's eyes cleared, and he could see everything distinctly.

When Jesus turned to heal the union worker, the guy put his hands up and cried, defensively, "DON'T TOUCH ME! I'm on long-term disability!"

V

vic

The Catfish Lawyer
Q: What is the difference between a lawyer and a catfish?

A: One is a bottom dwelling scum sucker and the other is a fish.

V

vic

Wacky Kids!

1. An acquaintance of mine who is a physician told this story about her then-four-year-old daughter. On the way to preschool, the doctor had left her stethoscope on the car seat, and her little girl picked it up and began playing with it. 'Be still, my heart,' thought my friend, 'my daughter wants to follow in my footsteps!' Then the child spoke into the instrument: "Welcome to McDonald's. May I take your order?"

2. A certain little girl, when asked her name, would reply, "I'm Mr. Sugarbrown's daughter." Her mother told her this was wrong, she must say, "I'm Jane Sugarbrown." The Vicar spoke to her in Sunday School, and said, "Aren't you Mr. Sugarbrown's daughter?" She replied, "I thought I was, but mother says I'm not.

3. A little girl asked her mother, "Can I go outside and play with the boys?" Her mother replied, "No, you can't play with the boys, they're too rough." The little girl thought about it for a few moments and asked, "If I can find a smooth one, can I play with him?"

4. A mother was teaching her 3-year-old the Lord's prayer. For several evenings at bedtime she repeated it after her mother. One night she said she was ready to solo. The mother listened with pride as she carefully enunciated each word, right up to the end of the prayer. "Lead us not into temptation," she prayed, "but deliver us some E-mail. Amen."

5. A Sunday school teacher asked her little children, as they were on the way to church service, "And why is it necessary to be quiet in church?" One bright little girl replied, "Because people are sleeping."

6. At the beginning of a children's sermon, one girl came up to the altar wearing a beautiful dress. As the children were sitting down around the pastor, he leaned over and said to the girl, "That is a very pretty dress. Is it your Easter dress?" The girl replied almost directly into the pastor's clip-on mike, "Yes, and my mom says it's a <FONT COLOR="ff0000">•••••</FONT> to iron."

V

vic

Kids Say the Crappiest Things

A Sunday school teacher was discussing the Ten Commandments with her five and six year olds. After explaining the commandment to "honor thy father and
thy mother," she asked, "Is there a commandment that teaches us how to treat our brothers and sisters?"

Without missing a beat, one little girl (the oldest of a family) answered, "Thou shall not kill."

A teacher was giving a lesson on the circulation of the blood. Trying to make the matter clearer, he said, "Now, boys, if I stood on my head, the blood, as you know, would run into it, and I should turn red in the face."

"Yes, sir," the boys said.

"Then, why is it that while I am standing upright in the ordinary position, the blood doesn't run into my feet?"

A little fellow shouted, "'Cause yer feet ain't empty."

My friend likes to read his two young sons fairy tales at night. Having a deep-rooted sense of humor, he often ad-libs parts of the stories for fun, also helping his kids to think critically.

One day his youngest son was sitting in his first grade class as the teacher was reading the story of the Three Little Pigs. She came to the part of the story where the
first pig was trying to acquire building materials for his home. She said "...And so the pig went up to the man with a wheelbarrow full of straw and said, 'Pardon me sir, but might I have some of that straw to build my house with?'"

Then the teacher asked the class, "And what do you think that man said?"

My friend's son raised his hand and said, "I know! I know! He said, 'Holy smokes! A talking pig!'"

The teacher was unable to teach for the next 10 minutes.

The children had all been photographed, and the teacher was trying to persuade them each to buy a copy of the group picture. "Just think how nice it will be to look at it when you are all grown up and say, 'There's Jennifer; she's a lawyer,' or 'That's
Michael; he's a doctor.'"

A small voice at the back of the room rang out, "And there's the teacher; she's dead.

V

vic

Expected Business Mergers

In the wake of the AOL/Time Warner deal, here are the latest mergers on the horizon:

Hale Business Systems, Mary Kay Cosmetics, Fuller Brush, and W.R. Grace Company merge to become Hale Mary Fuller Grace.

Polygram Records, Warner Brothers, and Keebler Crackers merge to become Polly-Warner-Cracker.

3M and Goodyear merge to become MMMGood.

John Deere and Abitibi-Price merge to become Deere Abi.

Zippo Manufacturing, Audi Motors, Dofasco, and Dakota Mining merge to become Zip Audi Do Da.

Honeywell, Imasco, and Home Oil merge to become Honey I'm Home.

Denison Mines, and Alliance and Metal Mining merge to become Mine All Mine.

Federal Express and UPS merge to become FED UP.

Xerox and Wurlitzer will merge and begin manufacturing reproductive organs.

Fairchild Electronics and Honeywell Computers will merge and become Fairwell Honeychild.

3M, J.C. Penney and the Canadian Opera Company will merge and become 3 Penney Opera.

Knott's Berry Farm &amp; National Organization of Women will merge and become Knott NOW!

H

hr

TIPS FOR MANAGERS AND BOSSES

1. Never give me work in the morning. Always
wait until 4:00 and then bring it to me. The
challenge of a deadline is refreshing.

2. If it's really a 'rush job,' run in and
interrupt me every ten minutes to inquire how it's
going. That helps.

3. Always leave without telling anyone where
you're going. It gives me a chance to be creative
when someone asks where you are.

4. If my arms are full of papers, boxes, books,
or supplies, don't open the door for me. I need
to learn how to function as a paraplegic and
opening doors is good training.

5. If you give me more than one job to do, don't
tell me which is the priority. Let me guess.

6. Do your best to keep me late. I like the
office and really have nowhere to go or anything
to do.

7. If a job I do pleases you, keep it a secret.
Leaks like that could cost me a promotion.

8. If you don't like my work, tell everyone. I
like my name to be popular in conversation.

9. If you have special instructions for a job,
don't write them down. In fact, save them until
the job is almost done.

10. Never introduce me to the people you're with.
When you refer to them later, my shrewd deductions
will identify them.

11. Be nice to me only when the job I'm doing for
you could really change your life.

12. Tell me all your little problems. No one
else has any and it's nice to know someone is less
fortunate.

H

hr

20 Fun Things to do in an Office

1. Remove the jug from the water cooler and drink
from it periodically, bragging that you 'got the
last one.'

2. Photocopy things around the office, such as
lamps, potted plants, staplers, etc. If someone
asks about it, just say 'You never can be too
careful.'

3. Turn your radio up full blast and sing along
loudly with the song. Invite others to join you.

4. Pretend to be hypnotized by someone's screen
saver.

5. Go into someone's office, grab a book from
their shelves, and begin reading it aloud to them.
If they interrupt, give them an evil look.

6. Give a secretary a copy of Hamlet and ask them
to proofread it.

7. Use a hole punch to punch holes in all your
outgoing mail. Explain that the holes 'make it
more aerodynamic'.

8. Bring a lawnmower into the office and pretend
to mow the carpet.

9. Bring a TV remote control to the office and
try to 'change the channel' on people's computers.
When it doesn't work, mumble something about
'cheap Japanese crap.'

10. Pull a chair up to your window and pretend to
be working at a drive-through.

11. Stand at the washroom door carrying a baseball
bat and ask everyone in a low voice if they washed
their hands.

12. Gnaw on your mouse, make cat noises, and lick
your hands from time to time.

13. Walk into people's offices, taking a careful
look around. Talk into your shirt, saying 'No
sign of him yet, Chief.'

14. When the phone rings, answer by saying 'KBBL,
you're on the air.'

15. Proudly show everyone your calculator and hand
out cigars. Tell them your computer just had a
baby.

16. Paint your face blue and start searching
around in people's desk drawers. Ask them if
they've seen your pills.

17. Create a document that is entirely black and
print hundreds of copies. Use the printouts as
wallpaper for your office.

18. Build a fire pit out of cinder blocks in the
staff room. Place a stack of firewood in the
corner, along with matches, lighter fluid, hot
dogs, and marshmallows.

19. Place a row of liquor bottles on your desk,
and a sign on your door which reads 'NO COVER!'
Announce loudly that it's happy hour.

20. Get in the elevator and pretend to hold the
door open for invisible people.

H

hr

You Know You Work for the Government When...

You know you work for the federal goverment when...

-- The process becomes more important than the product.

-- You don't see anything wrong with attending a meeting on a subject you know nothing about.

-- You feel you contributed to the meeting just by being there.

-- You realize that a paperless office is impossible. Actually, you believe it is possible, just not in your office.

-- You keep documents/manuals on projects that have long since been canceled.

-- You stop raising issues/problems because you know you will be the one answering them.

-- You fly across the country to attend a conference with 100+ people to discuss the fact that the project does not have enough money.

-- You understand the rationalization of an acronym comprised of acronyms.

-- You can name the project leader of more than 10 projects including your own, but still can't explain in the simplest terms what they do.

-- You know that the location of a meeting is directly related to its importance. (1) A meeting at Fort Hood requires a subordinate or a contractor. (2) The same meeting at Lake Tahoe requires your personal
attention.

-- You work for an acronym, on an acronym, and your job title is an acronym.

-- You've sat at the same desk for 3 years, done the same thing for 3 years, but have had 3 different business cards.

V

vic

Language Barrier

An Italian, a Scotsman and a Chinese fellow are hired at a construction site. The foreman points out a huge pile of sand and says to the Italian guy, "You''re in charge of sweeping."

To the Irishman, he says, "You''re in charge of shoveling."

And to the Chinese guy, "You''re in charge of supplies."

He then says, "Now, I have to leave for a little while. I expect you gusy to make a dent in that there pile."

So the foreman goes away for a couple of hours, and when he returns, the pile of sand is untouched.

He says to the Italian, "Why didn''t you sweep any of it?"

The Italian replies in a heavy accent, "I didn''t have a broom. You said the Chinese guy was in charge of supplies, but he disappeared, and I coulda no find him."

Then the foreman turns to the Scotsman and asks why he didn''t do any shoveling. The Scotsman replies, in his heavy brogue, "Aye, ye did, lad. But I counna get meself a shovel. Ye left the Chinee in charge of supplies, but I counna fin'' him"

The foreman is really angry now and storms off toward the pile of sand looking for the Chinese guy....Just then, the Chinese guy springs out from behind the pile of sand and yells, "SUPPLIES!!!"