HEAVY?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I had a 128 lb pkg of RTA furniture that was going to a 2nd floor apartment. The box, which was slightly open when it was loaded, had started to fall apart, although the contents were intact. Try as I might, I was unable to "get it up" the stairs. Thankfully there was a bystander who offered to help and we got it up to their front door. He was amazed that we are required to handle these packages by ourselves. The next day I had the same package again (I think it was a duplicate order) but this one was in one piece and I was able to deliver it by myself.

I learned the hard way to go to the door first before carrying heavy packages up the stairs. After you carry it up the steps and then have to carry it back down again because there's no one to sign, the light bulb goes off :)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I learned the hard way to go to the door first before carrying heavy packages up the stairs. After you carry it up the steps and then have to carry it back down again because there's no one to sign, the light bulb goes off :)

How many times did it take you to learn it? Plus, if it's 75#, you should be doing a team lift. Just send dispatch a message and help will quickly arrive(lol). If you do lift and struggle it upstairs for a consignee who is home, and then you get hurt...whose fault is that? And who do you think will be blamed, disciplined, and targeted for elimination? Lackeys are so ignorant.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sign? If I haul it all the way to the door, unless the shipper requires an autograph, that package will be left by the front door.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How many times did it take you to learn it? Plus, if it's 75#, you should be doing a team lift. Just send dispatch a message and help will quickly arrive(lol). If you do lift and struggle it upstairs for a consignee who is home, and then you get hurt...whose fault is that? And who do you think will be blamed, disciplined, and targeted for elimination? Lackeys are so ignorant.

Team lift? This would involve a series of DIAD messages and setting up a meet point which would take up to an half hour (or more).

I guarantee you would not be talking with such bravado if we were standing in front of one another.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Team lift? This would involve a series of DIAD messages and setting up a meet point which would take up to an half hour (or more).

I guarantee you would not be talking with such bravado if we were standing in front of one another.

What bravado? I was mocking FedEx. There is basically zero chance you will get a "team lift". If you get hurt, they will blame you for not requesting assistance, even though there is none to be had. Catch 22.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
In 8 yrs. I've never seen a msg. from a crr. asking for help to lift a pkg.
If you put it on your truck, you'd better be able to del. it.

59 Dano

I think it took two or three times.

75 lbs isn't an issue for me in most circumstances.

59 Dano

Sign? If I haul it all the way to the door, unless the shipper requires an autograph, that package will be left by the front door.

It depends. If the pkg requires a signature or can't be left outside for whatever reason, I'd go up without the pkg to see if anyone is there. Otherwise, the pkg goes to the door with me.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Per our District Corporate Security, we are not allowed to leave pkgs at apartment or condos even if the shipper or recipient authorizes it, unless it can be slid under the door without damaging the weather stripping. Anyone caught doing so can get a warning letter. Getting paid by the hour. I WAD.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Per our District Corporate Security, we are not allowed to leave pkgs at apartment or condos even if the shipper or recipient authorizes it, unless it can be slid under the door without damaging the weather stripping. Anyone caught doing so can get a warning letter. Getting paid by the hour. I WAD.

That's nice.

Sent using BrownCafe App

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

The nickname of your building must be "SendAgain City"

Have you guys been unusually heavy the past week?

image.jpg

SmithBarney

In 8 yrs. I've never seen a msg. from a crr. asking for help to lift a pkg.
If you put it on your truck, you'd better be able to del. it.
150lb inflatable/foam/water bed(don't really know)... called for help AND GOT IT! 3 flights up unsecured apartment building! Driver release! Then we went to lunch... (True story)