Pickup routes consolidated

It will be fine

But you’re the one paying the wages and blaming FedEx for not increasing them.

Put your workers before yourself, just like you expect FedEx to do.

Robber baron.
Why would you expect me to not pay myself? How much do you think my wage and profit would impact my workers once it’s spread across all of them?
Your attempt at an insult is just a display of your ignorance.

FedEx increases their revenue and profit every year, that is not at all the case with my business. They aren’t comparable.

MAKAVELI

Why would you expect me to not pay myself? How much do you think my wage and profit would impact my workers once it’s spread across all of them?

FedEx increases their revenue and profit every year, that is not at all the case with my business. They aren’t comparable.
One of many reasons why the contractor model is a scam.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

Well, since it’s YOUR business, just raise your rates.

Unless, of course, it’s NOT your business.

SFFX

And it's exactly the reason why you exist. To provide FDX with purchased trucking and labor at rates that continue to go down and which eventually reach the point where even you can't go any lower and still get somebody to do the job in a thorough and conscientious manner.
In fact, perhaps if you paid comparable wages instead of the hand to mouth chum you currently pay you might discover that those you call "idiots" are simply people smart enough not to give you labor value greater than the value you give to them.

Fundamental of Capitalism...Supply and Demand....Less workers=more demand=more pay...Fedex works by the rules of Corporatism not Capitalism. Those lil Ground contractors don't get those Corporate loopholes and bought politicians like Fedex, you get the crumbs they allow you to have.

bacha29

Fundamental of Capitalism...Supply and Demand....Less workers=more demand=more pay...Fedex works by the rules of Corporatism not Capitalism. Those lil Ground contractors don't get those Corporate loopholes and bought politicians like Fedex, you get the crumbs they allow you to have.
Exactly. We've been through this before. As long as FDX DOT numbers are on the side of the truck and the only thing that goes in it is FDX bar coded freight being shipped by an FDX contracted account all command and control remains with FDX.
That little Ground contractor only has control over relatively minor details and even those are subject to FDX oversight and control.

IWBF has in the past laughed and ridiculed me because I and the other 2 Day 1 left rather than to put even more borrowed money at risk in order to scale up the the required minimum because no contract language existed that provided any protection of and for that additional at risk capital. Meaning that the fate of all that at risk money was going to be decided by somebody else who doesn't have a nickel of his own money at risk.

Thanks to depressed shipping rates, much more belligerent corporate attitude pressured margins and a labor force that is becoming more expensive and harder to come by FDX route contracting has become a rather poor place to invest your money.

bacha29

Yes he’s wrong. I run my own business. He’s a sad old man that doesn’t understand how any business actually operates.
Still trying to make us believe that you "own your business" I see.
When you have your own DOT tags, your own shipper accounts, your own cross state permits your own shipper lanes and your own buildings then get back to us about this " own your own business" nonsense.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Yes he’s wrong. I run my own business. He’s a sad old man that doesn’t understand how any business actually operates.
Elucidate what you are able to do with your business without the approval of FedEx.

Differentiate between running your business and managing FedEx’s business.

I’m curious and willing to learn.

And I’m neither sad, nor little.

Mutineer

Well, since it’s YOUR business, just raise your rates.

Unless, of course, it’s NOT your business.

That is a very good point, and that was an issue that always bothered me.

From time to time, I had chronically demanding and problematic customers that would spare no effort in causing problems for me or my drivers.

If it was "my business", I would've charged those people and businesses more money, or simply refused to service them.

zeev

Perfect storm coming for Ground underpaid drivers , higher fuel costs, Master FedEx in confusion hw to dump driver employees and switch to contractor model. No wonder so many trucks for sale.

It will be fine

Elucidate what you are able to do with your business without the approval of FedEx.

Differentiate between running your business and managing FedEx’s business.

I’m curious and willing to learn.

And I’m neither sad, nor little.
In my experience you are neither curious or willing to learn anything. It’s what I expect from sad little men. Your mind is made up, you’ll take your sad little digs and think it makes you look smart. Get bent.

FedupExpress

Perfect storm coming for Ground underpaid drivers , higher fuel costs, Master FedEx in confusion hw to dump driver employees and switch to contractor model. No wonder so many trucks for sale.
A lot of people are under the impression that everyone will become employees, I don't see how that would save Fat Freddy and Pakistani Raj money.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
As it is, I still don’t have a problem getting applicants. Their quality is definitely going down but they can still pass background checks and drug tests. They just don’t last very long because they’re idiots that I have to fire within a few months.

Right now the wages offered bring in trash workers, but they still bring in workers. I think that’s a bad way to run a business, it costs more than it saves, but it’s the current reality.
Then why run your business in that manner? You're free to offer better pay and bypass that problem.

It will be fine

Then why run your business in that manner? You're free to offer better pay and bypass that problem.
Not really. If my wages for drivers gets above 50% of my revenue I can’t cover my other costs. The last few years my other costs continue to rise while my contracts get cut by FedEx lowering revenue. There isn’t a realistic option to pay higher wages with declining revenue. It’s a choice made by FedEx to lower contractor revenue to not keep up with inflation. I don’t really care if my workers provide bad service as a result of that choice.

Gone fishin

A lot of people are under the impression that everyone will become employees, I don't see how that would save Fat Freddy and Pakistani Raj money.
I think fedex is up to something more than people think. Express employees are leaving and we’re having bad service, missed pickups , operating with a skeleton crew in most stations.
Rolling freight day to day.
Ground is ground. Turnover is worse after getting extra stops and seeing UPS double or triple their salaries.
This whole merge is blowing up the entire company, fedex is becoming a joke. There has to be more to this , no company is this dumb.
I DONT THINK !!!!!!!!

bacha29

Not really. If my wages for drivers gets above 50% of my revenue I can’t cover my other costs. The last few years my other costs continue to rise while my contracts get cut by FedEx lowering revenue. There isn’t a realistic option to pay higher wages with declining revenue. It’s a choice made by FedEx to lower contractor revenue to not keep up with inflation. I don’t really care if my workers provide bad service as a result of that choice.
I'm not gloating but you laughed and made fun of me when I told you 4 years that the terms and returns you were getting at the time was as good as it was going to get and it was time to look for the exit ramp. Speculators at the time were climbing over top of one another to get at a FDX contract and paying insane prices to get one.
Today there are routes all over the place at prices now well below the old threshold of a years dollar volume.
And the kid I sold my contract to at a help him out prices and financed for him at the lowest interest rate allowed by law at the time and a storage vault full of tool supplies and extra hand carts?

Last week....he threw in the towel. In fact he had given up a year ago and his dad ran it for him until he found somebody to take it off their hands.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
So.

FedEx does own your business.

Maybe they’ll put you on their payroll someday.