Pickup routes consolidated

MassWineGuy

It all depends of what you call well paid and the number of well paying contractors as a percentage of the total number of contractors.

A small number of contractors, no doubt. As for how they treat and pay drivers, I only know what some drivers have told me.

bacha29

A small number of contractors, no doubt. As for how they treat and pay drivers, I only know what some drivers have told me.
As a contractor even if you're lucky enough to find somebody who can pass the drug test and you gave that individual every cent of profit that route generates leaving the contractor with absolutely nothing you still couldn't get within artillery range of what that UPS driver gets for doing the same work.

One little trick I've seen some contractors do is to front load the job offer with cash in an attempt to make the offer look better than it actually is often by tying it to impossible to achieve daily stop production and contains nothing at the back end in terms of an employer funded pension, disability and healthcare plan. And given the very labor intensive nature of the work if you're without it then you simply have to get off that job immediately.

MassWineGuy

Well, no delivery driver outside of UPS will ever earn what they do. The Ground guy who covers my neighborhood once told me that his boss treated him well and he made adequate money. Then again, I haven’t seen him for a long time.