Here comes the 80 hour weeks

Indecisi0n

I keep asking...but why toilet paper? It's literally one of the last priorities.

Water, food, medical, protection, in that order. I've been covered for about 7 years now in all 4. I even have a stock of fish antibiotics bought off Amazon. Fish antibiotics are literally the same amoxicillin as they give humans.
My local store. Out of toilet paper , tissue and paper towels but has plenty of meats, milk, eggs and bread. People are dumbest animals on Earth.

rocket man

It will for a short time, then back to the same once this passes
Off topic, I love how people freak out in these type of situations
Just got back from the grocery store
Ran into a buddy of mine who is the manager
They had a guy buy 100 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts
Had a lady buy 50 jars of spaghetti sauce
Maybe he's having a surprise barbecue for all the drivers in your center. Because she loves you so much

rocket man

Ok
By all means go ahead and volunteer for 80 hours. But to force it is BS

We were forced 70 hours the last 3 peaks.

It will break down your body. It will make you sick. I also fell asleep at the wheel for the first time in my career of over 35 years.

I also have asthma and am borderline diabetic. Two of the complications that makes the virus deadly. I am also very close to 60.

Vollunteers are one thing. Forced excessive OT is dangerous in more than one way.
In your mind you were forced to work 70 hours you do not have to

35years

Gravy route
Ok I will bite.
Until the new language was in place, in the Central region what option did a driver have when he was scheduled to work a 6th shift after working 12 hours each of his first 5 shifts?

I will tell you how it worked here. Business Agent says yes in the Central you can be forced into a 6th shift up to a maximum of 70 hours.

A driver refused. Warning letter. 2nd time, suspended. Then he realized he did not want to risk termination.

Alot of guys talk tough on here claiming they can't force. Well, good luck to you in the Central. Our Business Agent is no push over and he confirms you can be disciplined.

If you know my posts here on Brown Cafe then you know I stick up for myself before management.

If not in the Central or you have extra local language your experience may be different.

Last edited:

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Ok I will bite.
Until the new language was in place, in the Central region what option did a driver have when he was scheduled to work a 6th shift after working 12 hours each of his first 5 shifts?

I will tell you how it worked here. Business Agent says yes in the Central you can be forced into a 6th shift up to a maximum of 70 hours.

A driver refused. Warning letter. 2nd time, suspended. Then he realized he did not want to risk termination.

Alot of guys talk tough on here claiming they can't force. Well, good luck to you in the Central. Our Business Agent is no push over and he confirms you can be disciplined.

If you know my posts here on Brown Cafe then you know I stick up for myself before management.

If not in the Central or you have extra local language your experience may be different.
Nope.

"I'm out of service tomorrow".

Diarrhea and leg cramps come at the oddest time.

Blazian81

The worst part of all this, Well aside from the coronavirus itself, is that with all these businesses closing that means more people at home online shopping.
:censored2: not only that but some of these business gonna be closing for 2 week, mannnnn that gonna be 2 weeks of orders just sitting there smdh, gonna be like Christmas in April shesshhhhhh