Here Comes the Electric Fail

wilberforce15

Tell that to all the articles currently discussing the issues that need to be overcome. If they can do it, great. But it's not settled yet.
I've given you specific, demonstrable, observable answers to every question you've asked. And you can't even paste a link to an article that you think has a good objection. How am I supposed to correct your misunderstandings if you won't even list them?

vantexan

It's very conservatively rated at 14,000 lbs, with a 3500lb payload in the rear too.

Google is literally just one click away. It can tow whatever it wants straight up a Rocky Mountain hill without slowing down.

The Tesla semi can pull 80k pounds up any highway incline in the country without losing speed.
Ford Super Duty friend-350's can tow 20000 lbs+. And a lot bigger 5th wheels need that. Guess we have to lessen our expectations.

vantexan

I've given you specific, demonstrable, observable answers to every question you've asked. And you can't even paste a link to an article that you think has a good objection. How am I supposed to correct your misunderstandings if you won't even list them?
You've given a lot of your opinions. We were discussing what Consumer Reports had to say which you seem to discount.

wilberforce15

Ford Super Duty friend-350's can tow 20000 lbs+. And a lot bigger 5th wheels need that. Guess we have to lessen our expectations.
You are starting to be intentionally stupid. I have no other explanation. You just want to hate something that you don't understand. I can't stop you.

It will be fine

Van really wants to know how you charge an EV van while you live in it in a Walmart parking lot.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Since you're so concerned about the poor who don't live in a single home but in apartments and public housing please tell me how this will all work out for them?
Ya I've been joking around about poor people in here. But it's really no joke, all this stuff is elitist white liberal garbage.

vantexan

Any electric dually could quite easily destroy the friend-350 at any given task.

But there isn't an electric dually.
Not so. You don't needed a dually to tow that much. But you do need the right frame, and load rated wheels. It's more than just how much power your motor has. By the way I delivered trailers professionally for 7 months in '98.

wilberforce15

Ya I've been joking around about poor people in here. But it's really no joke, all this stuff is elitist white liberal garbage.
There is nobody here who wants to take any gas cars from poor people.

Electric vehicles will reduce transportation costs for the poor dramatically, but they'll be the last to benefit. That's the way any technology change goes.

Computers only helped the rich. Cell phones only helped the rich. Cars only helped the rich. Airplanes only helped the rich.

Until they helped everyone, eventually.

vantexan

wow. Maybe the stupidity isn't even intentional. I was too harsh.

It really could be unintentional. But that blows my mind.

Did you grow up huffing gas fumes?
I cited what they said which you proceeded to tear down. If they're wrong great. I suspect they aren't and you don't like criticism of your toys.

vantexan

There is nobody here who wants to take any gas cars from poor people.

Electric vehicles will reduce transportation costs for the poor dramatically, but they'll be the last to benefit. That's the way any technology change goes.

Computers only helped the rich. Cell phones only helped the rich. Cars only helped the rich. Airplanes only helped the rich.

Until they helped everyone, eventually.
Meanwhile the Dems want to push people out of gas cars by raising gas prices dramatically. Good luck with that.

throwaway10

Interesting read, while I don't think you'll see complete removal of Combustion engines for quite some time, but a reduction of 50% or more of new sales.

Meanwhile the Dems want to push people out of gas cars by raising gas prices dramatically. Good luck with that.
Don't blame Dems, people are finally getting out because it's spring, travel restrictions are being lifted and their now vaccinated(guess you could blame Dems for that)
So because folks are getting out, demand is currently outpacing what was a slowed supply chain.

Gas prices dropped back in March, I bet you want to give Rep credit for that... well we were on a lockdown with no demand...

Supply and demand, simple economics friend.

vantexan

Interesting read, while I don't think you'll see complete removal of Combustion engines for quite some time, but a reduction of 50% or more of new sales.

Don't blame Dems, people are finally getting out because it's spring, travel restrictions are being lifted and their now vaccinated(guess you could blame Dems for that)
So because folks are getting out, demand is currently outpacing what was a slowed supply chain.

Gas prices dropped back in March, I bet you want to give Rep credit for that... well we were on a lockdown with no demand...

Supply and demand, simple economics friend.
No, Biden and others have stated that they want to push people out of gas cars with high fuel prices. Not talking $3 a gallon but much higher.