Here Comes the Electric Fail

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Can't even park half the trucks inside the building now, how are we going to charge up these trucks?

Our station is a dual -use facility, can't park ANY trucks inside, looks like a CF from here.

"And FedEx just pledged to replace 100% of its pickup and delivery fleet with battery-powered vehicles by 2040."

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Can't even park half the trucks inside the building now, how are we going to charge up these trucks?

Our station is a dual -use facility, can't park ANY trucks inside, looks like a CF from here.

"And FedEx just pledged to replace 100% of its pickup and delivery fleet with battery-powered vehicles by 2040."
What do you mean by dual-use?

It will be fine

The trucks are parked somewhere. They can charge outside a building too.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Look at how far we came technology-wise in the past 20 years and figure that we'll advance at an even faster pace over the next 20. Also figure that companies set these long-term goals all the time and everyone forgets about them by the halfway point.

Nolimitz

Look at how far we came technology-wise in the past 20 years and figure that we'll advance at an even faster pace over the next 20. Also figure that companies set these long-term goals all the time and everyone forgets about them by the halfway point.
In 11 yrs I been there they have gone from the stone age to medieval from a tech stand point. Who the friend are you trying to kid

McFeely

Huge Member
Wondering what happens when a vehicle doesn’t charge properly overnight. With a gas/diesel, you just fuel up during P1 if your tank is low and take the lates.
Also, what happens when someone needs help and you don’t have any range on your EV? Convenient excuse not to help anyone 😉

El Morado Diablo

My truck has Gps My leo has Gps My FO pkg has GPS....ummm seems like overkill

Last week we had an FO letter sent from one address in Nashville to another address in Nashville arrive in our station (3 time zones away). Those Senseaware ID tags sure make a difference when it comes to providing customer service and real time tracking (not). :)

AB831

Do you get a kickback for licking the company boot or is this just where you find your identity?

It will be fine

Wondering what happens when a vehicle doesn’t charge properly overnight. With a gas/diesel, you just fuel up during P1 if your tank is low and take the lates.
Also, what happens when someone needs help and you don’t have any range on your EV? Convenient excuse not to help anyone 😉
I would guess most of those range anxiety concerns will be moot by the time the full fleet has transitioned to EVs. They will need more of those giant diesel generators on standby for when the grid goes down in a storm. Might take a couple if they need to power the building and charge all the trucks.

dezguy

Eighteen months ago, people were laughing at Tesla and Elan Musk. Eighteen months later and Tesla stock has only gone up 700% .
The technology has grown quite a bit in that time, too.

While personally, I feel hydrogen would be a better way to move forward (if they could only bring the costs to product it, down), there is no denying that ice engines will cease to be, other than in classic cars, in the very near future.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I would guess most of those range anxiety concerns will be moot by the time the full fleet has transitioned to EVs. They will need more of those giant diesel generators on standby for when the grid goes down in a storm. Might take a couple if they need to power the building and charge all the trucks.
The main purpose of EV's is the reduction of emissions. This qualifies as a fail, too.