Here it comes

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
When he’s repeatedly gone to the manager about the reasons WHY he can’t make service and been ignored? Absolutely.

"I can't make service on all of this so I'll just straightline." Ends up with 6 lates, would have only had 2 lates had he attempted to preserve service. Manager asks why he sacrificed service on those 4 pieces, he launches into a convoluted explanation that doesn't make much sense (but can be boiled down to "it was more convenient for me"), and the usual "why don't you just let me do my job however I want" series of talking points.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
"I can't make service on all of this so I'll just straightline." Ends up with 6 lates, would have only had 2 lates had he attempted to preserve service. Manager asks why he sacrificed service on those 4 pieces, he launches into a convoluted explanation that doesn't make much sense (but can be boiled down to "it was more convenient for me"), and the usual "why don't you just let me do my job however I want" series of talking points.
Now you sound like @Old Fart .

The fact that you use a dubious example reinforces how out of touch you are.

Last edited:

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Is straightline a different term for running airs with ground?

AB831

Kind of like how doing nothing to fix an untenable amount of P1 stops on certain routes over the course of several months is more convenient for the manager than spending 5 minutes talking to an engineer? I see what you’re saying now.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
So in other words, it’s always the courier’s fault because the route is over capacity and set up to fail.

What a load of typical crap from you.

AB831

So in other words, it’s always the courier’s fault because the route is over capacity and set up to fail.

What a load of typical crap from you.
Exactly. It’s the courier’s fault for not caring more than the manager.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Kind of like how doing nothing to fix an untenable amount of P1 stops on certain routes over the course of several months is more convenient for the manager than spending 5 minutes talking to an engineer? I see what you’re saying now.

Because a manager would allow his numbers to look like crap over the course of several months instead of taking 5 minutes to make them -and himself- look significantly better? When all managers care about is looking good??? LOL, ok.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Oh, I'm sure. Bet it makes the station look great.
I remember being a cover driver and was put on a FT all day route. Piece of cake right? But wait....they also put me on a heavy PM route that in rush hour would have taken me an hour to get to. Dispatch wasn’t happy with my response when I told them my ETA to my PM route was 1830-1900. No way in hell was I going to kill myself to get to that route. Lol.

AB831

Because a manager would allow his numbers to look like crap over the course of several months instead of taking 5 minutes to make them -and himself- look significantly better? When all managers care about is looking good??? LOL, ok.
I wasn’t stating a hypothetical scenario. That’s literally what I deal with every single day. The managers at my station absolutely value their laziness over their numbers. Sorry if that upsets your apple cart.