Station closing

bacha29

Like others have said, Ground won't be hiring Express drivers cuz basically no one at Express wants to go to Ground. Most would rather take the severance and do something else. Ground just isn't going to attract quality employees. 🤣
Keep in mind that local labor markets vary widely in terms of strength and balance between labor demands and available supply. Displaced Express drivers would have the advantage of knowing beforehand the huge step backwards in terms of overall quality of the daily work experience that would be in store for them if they went to work for a Ground contractor and would almost to a man first look elsewhere before looking at Ground.

Oh, there'll probably be a few who take the bitter Ground bait because they either could not or would not pursue a different kind of work altogether but I wouldn't expect them to be there for long when they experience the sheer physical beating doing Ground delivery work.

No question FDX doesn't want to have to publicly admit that they jettisoned huge numbers of people who were part of the so called "FDX family" instead they will try to fool the public claiming that the impacted individuals were simply transferred to Ground.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Ok, you know everything. Fed is not sending out public bulletins ,hey we are closing xyz station ,just so you know. Stations have been closed so wherever this one is could be also. Lot of fb posts get deleted because the company does not want it out there.
Don't have to know everything. This rumor of a station closing isn't true.

The number of jobs lost via this closure would trigger a WARN notification, which requires at least a 60 day notice. This one was announced during the last week of Dec with a Feb 1 launch date. Better yet, Feb 1 is a Thursday - it'd be launched on a Thursday??

If you want to cop an attitude about it, that's cool. Why not use some common sense in the process?

MassWineGuy

I just want folks to know how we often wait 90 minutes for a vehicle before we can start the route. Or how we don’t have enough printers or LEOs. Etc.

NC man

Don't have to know everything. This rumor of a station closing isn't true.

The number of jobs lost via this closure would trigger a WARN notification, which requires at least a 60 day notice. This one was announced during the last week of Dec with a Feb 1 launch date. Better yet, Feb 1 is a Thursday - it'd be launched on a Thursday??

If you want to cop an attitude about it, that's cool. Why not use some common sense in the process?
Why do you always have to be a Jack ass to everyone.I wrote about what I saw, never said it was the gospel. Since you are all knowing how about inform us which stations have closed and or merged so far.

whenIgetthere

I just want folks to know how we often wait 90 minutes for a vehicle before we can start the route. Or how we don’t have enough printers or LEOs. Etc.
I always liked when we'd get sent to help the lazy guy in the loop finish (almost everyday with half the stops as the rest of us), and as soon as we'd meet and take freight, they're messaging us to hurry back to the station so PU routes can use the truck.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I always liked when we'd get sent to help the lazy guy in the loop finish (almost everyday with half the stops as the rest of us), and as soon as we'd meet and take freight, they're messaging us to hurry back to the station so PU routes can use the truck.
Bad management blamed on the courier. :poop: always flows downhill.