Here it comes

Working4the1%

Kind of like how doing nothing to fix an untenable amount of P1 stops on certain routes over the course of several months is more convenient for the manager than spending 5 minutes talking to an engineer? I see what you’re saying now.
I think most engineers working from home Now......now they don’t have to sleep in the seated position anymore

newgirl

i tried to get more info but no one seems to know the specifics on how it is supposed to be scheduled. But it's supposed to start in September in the Tampa area market. Height of hurricane season on the gulf coast and just before peak. I asked someone who knows someone who knows someone in the area.

I have run many scenarios through my mind but the amount of people--crrs, handlers and CTV drivers, plus equipment--from powerpads to CTVs--that it wil take to pull this off has not been calculated. Add in weather, DRA and broken equipment--it's beyond ridiculous.

MEM wants express to concentrate on B2B and ground on resi's, hence this LMO thing. But express was never meant to be efficient, it's time definite. They would be better off just doing away with SOS service, but that's why you use X over G, right? You want it there early, X p1. Anything else go with the cheapest. Sorry I know I am rambling but this is what happens when the company's primary focus is the shareholders. They have kicked the customer to the curb.

Buhryein

This will happen the same way all the freight was going to ground. Don’t worry yourselves

From the beginning of that last mile thing I always said it won't be as much as people made it sound like. Amount aside though it is happening (over here at least) they have started to get our packages at the ground facility.

McFeely

Huge Member
I picked up a LMO package yesterday. Colorado to Delaware as an XS. It’s due Friday and it left Colorado at 1100 on Wednesday on a truck. I’m really curious if it will make it, that seems a bit far for this to work but what do I know.

newgirl

I picked up a LMO package yesterday. Colorado to Delaware as an XS. It’s due Friday and it left Colorado at 1100 on Wednesday on a truck. I’m really curious if it will make it, that seems a bit far for this to work but what do I know.
Had something similar. Not exactly what they said ground was going to take.