Station closing

MassWineGuy

Definitely one of the most seriously bad and odiferous deeds of FX is not paying adequately and abandoning the (still pathetically poor) step raise plan.

bacha29

Usually people that don’t like unions I find don’t understand them
Even if Express was a union shop the union could not prevent Express from downsizing itself into the freight broker/ labor lessor model it's decided to become.
However if it was a union shop there would have been a transition protocol in place that would spell out how the restructuring as it pertains to union represented employees would be undertaken from a standpoint of the manner and order by which the layoffs would be undertaken and what they would receive in terms of severance pay, continuation of benefits such as extended healthcare coverage and the preservation of pension benefits which if I were you guys I would pay constant attention to because if there is a way by which Fat Freddy could divest himself of any and all retiree pension and healthcare obligations he'll most certainly take advantage of it.

BTW, union dues simply are a prepayment of future legal representation and you guys have never needed it more than you need it now.

Hax

Yes, I don't know why most people are anti union at my station
... Probably because they are stupid.
They'd probably rather have a PS5 than pay union dues
_106899887_05_09_2019_delta_imail_2.jpg

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
So, MFE is responsible for this fire sale?
I don't know, could be. Don't you remember the times he said he went to major media outlets (60 Minutes was one that I distinctly remember for some reason), but they wouldn't pay any attention to him? He said it was because Fred paid them all off, but it might have been that he showed up wearing his foil hat. Then there were all the times he said he was going to organize mass callouts (Purple Flu Outbreaks) and do other things to disrupt operations on a large scale. And on top of that, there was the time he made a big deal about leaving the site to undertake some major anti-FedEx whoopdeedoo on his own (because Fred paid off all the other guys, you see) which amounted to 2 blogs that had a combined 3 or 4 posts that no one read.

I mean, come on. You didn't believe his boasts that he was very influential amongst the rank and file and had contacts throughout the country?

59 Dano

Why do you always have to be a Jack ass to everyone.I wrote about what I saw, never said it was the gospel. Since you are all knowing how about inform us which stations have closed and or merged so far.
I said it was fake news but people here would believe it.
You asked why it was fake. I said because it wasn't true.

And then...Ok, you know everything. Fed is not sending out public bulletins ,hey we are closing xyz station ,just so you know. Stations have been closed so wherever this one is could be also. Lot of fb posts get deleted because the company does not want it out there.

So I told you how it works. You needed to know. Why not rely on common sense instead of social media nonsense?

NC man

Show us the fedex news that’s it’s not closing then. Contrary to other news.
I said it was fake news but people here would believe it.
You asked why it was fake. I said because it wasn't true.

And then...Ok, you know everything. Fed is not sending out public bulletins ,hey we are closing xyz station ,just so you know. Stations have been closed so wherever this one is could be also. Lot of fb posts get deleted because the company does not want it out there.

So I told you how it works. You needed to know. Why not rely on common sense instead of social media nonsense?
now what

MACON, Ga. — FedEx will be closing a south Macon shipping center this year.
A notice that FedEx filed with the state this month said that the center on Houston Avenue will close its doors Sept. 4.
As a result of the decision, 59 FedEx couriers and three managers will lose their jobs.
Other employees at the facility will be relocated to another FedEx facility like the one on Frank Amerson Parkway in south Bibb County.

59 Dano

Show us the fedex news that’s it’s not closing then.
I don't think the news people spend much time listing the names of businesses that aren't closing.

now what

MACON, Ga. — FedEx will be closing a south Macon shipping center this year.
A notice that FedEx filed with the state this month said that the center on Houston Avenue will close its doors Sept. 4.
As a result of the decision, 59 FedEx couriers and three managers will lose their jobs.
Other employees at the facility will be relocated to another FedEx facility like the one on Frank Amerson Parkway in south Bibb County.

What does this Macon station have to do with anything?