Here we go again

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The fat hogs spend our money eating a bunch of food. They do that here. Pigs.

1679225933912.png

AKCoverMan

“The rules in place”… Remember that UPS issued a statement that they were willing to go back to the table when they found out that the National was rejected…

Hoffa made a choice…the path of least resistance I presume?
Yes he did, and we see who is in the leadership chair this time around..because Teamsters also made a choice.

But again, not my point. My point is even with all these shenanigans and all the things that we don't like about the current contract we are still miles ahead of the non union workforce at out main competitor.

I was responding to a comment saying our Union robs us on every paycheck. Sure it’s far from perfect…but c’mon man!!

AKCoverMan

Well we had leverage and Hoffa decided not to take advantage of it.

Yes we are making a good living but we probably could have had some contract language improvements.
Especially with the 22.4
Yup. I agree. And the system seems to work…Hoffa lost his reelection bid, right?

Sean talks tough. I have not yet met him but others on our Supplement negotiations team have, people whose opinions I have reason to value. I tend to believe the man means what he says. Time will tell.

But again I restate my point here is that even under current contract and every contract I’ve worked under at UPS were better off than non union. I certainly am not being robbed.

Yup. I agree. And the system seems to work…Hoffa lost his reelection bid, right?

Sean talks tough. I have not yet met him but others on our Supplement negotiations team have, people whose opinions I have reason to value. I tend to believe the man means what he says. Time will tell.

But again I restate my point here is that even under current contract and every contract I’ve worked under at UPS were better off than non union. I certainly am not being robbed.
We have a little bit of leverage but instead of using it we gave back. It's hard to regain something you gave away

AKCoverMan

I'm talking about our current contract.
Did you not listen to the conference call?
Ive my brother you seemed to be talking about the past negotiation led by Hoffas’s people. It’s over, we can’t change five years ago. And (once again) my point is even so we are better off than we would be without a union and a CBA.

I don’t think we have given up any leverage under the new administration, in fact it seems to be a whole new game plan. As I say…”cautiously optimistic“. But it will be an interesting journey thru next 3-4 months!

Ive my brother you seemed to be talking about the past negotiation led by Hoffas’s people. It’s over, we can’t change five years ago. And (once again) my point is even so we are better off than we would be without a union and a CBA.

I don’t think we have given up any leverage under the new administration, in fact it seems to be a whole new game plan. As I say…”cautiously optimistic“. But it will be an interesting journey thru next 3-4 months!
Put your seatbelt on