Here's hoping our CEO is stuck in traffic.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
bcs.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Oh, now you set me off. How about playing a football game below 60 degrees. I love to see
an SEC team actually play a real football game in Michigan in Nov.
Why would an SEC team go to Michigan in November?

They play all their second tier opponents early in the season.

November is reserved for serious football. :devil3:

Overpaid Union Thug

I laugh at how northerners bash us southerners for how we handle snow and ice down here. It's funny because in all of the military towns in the south (where a huge chunk of U.S. bases are located) it's the yanks that are the ones crashing on days when we have perfect weather and perfect driving conditions. LOL!

oldupsman

Oh you mean like next year. Let's see, on Nov 22nd next year Alabama plays Western Carolina, Florida plays
Eastern Kentucky, and South Carolina plays South Alabama. This year Alabama played that powerhouse
Chattanooga on Nov. 23rd. Boy that's really serious football.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
There were 600 Corporate employees that spent the night in the Corporate office.
All volunteered to rub Scott's feet for him and his evening tea.
I guess there is still loyalty at UPS. :grouphugg:
Sure hope Atlanta didn't send any management people to help out in Dallas last month. Appears you guys are useless on icy roads.:balloon:
Maybe I should drive my package car south tomorrow and shuttle those 600 people home and show them how a seasoned Yankee handles the adverse road conditions.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Sure hope Atlanta didn't send any management people to help out in Dallas last month. Appears you guys are useless on icy roads.:balloon:
Maybe I should drive my package car south tomorrow and shuttle those 600 people home and show them how a seasoned Yankee handles the adverse road conditions.
It was worse than that ... they brought them in from California.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Atlanta's problem was that we had 1.5 million people try to leave work at the same time and they cancelled schools that should have been closed in the first place. What little snow equipment we have was stationed a little bit to the South where the worst of the storm was supposed to hit. Most of the big jams were caused by truckers passing through Atlanta with no chains on their tires, most of them were from out of state. I spent the night stuck on I-285, the truckers ran out of hours and had to pull over to the side. They were parked on the left side too, I had to get out of my vehicle from time to time to see who was parked and who was trying to move. The terrain is "rolling hillsides", which means the trucks were having problems going up overpasses and slight grades. I had no problem driving on the two inches of packed ice, I was lucky to have planned ahead and drove my wive's Escape with FWD to work for my 27 mile commute. I had filled the gas tank the day before and I would crank it up every thirty minutes to warm the car up and save gas. I also wore thermal underwear to work, so I was dressed to handle the low night temps. I had to give up trying to take I-20 home, I had to use secondary roads to make a big detour around the worst jams.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
BCS is kind of like the minor leagues. When the boys grow up and play pro ball most Super Bowl champions are from the north!
Like Seattle and Denver.
Northerners means MN down to Iowa over to Maryland up to Maine.
That means 22 out of 47 Superbowl winners came from the North.
I guess if you are a loser, you spin and twist and find some way where you look better and maybe the winner - well, almost.

bumped

Like Georgia or for that matter Georgia Tech have anything to do with being top tier.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Like Seattle and Denver.
Northerners means MN down to Iowa over to Maryland up to Maine.
That means 22 out of 47 Superbowl winners came from the North.
I guess if you are a loser, you spin and twist and find some way where you look better and maybe the winner - well, almost.
Green Bay 4
NY Jets 1
Baltimore 3
Pittsburgh 6
San Francisco 5
Washington 3
Chicago 1
Denver 2
NY Giants 4
New England 3
Indy 1

Add them up!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
There were 600 Corporate employees that spent the night in the Corporate office.
All volunteered to rub Scott's feet for him and his evening tea.
I guess there is still loyalty at UPS. :grouphugg:
Did they have to use regular toilet paper at the Palace when they ran out of the gold leaf T.P or did they open the vault and use $1oo.oo bills ??