Hi I’m new to this browncafe

brownwolf

I’m done here. I got my answer that I wanted
Never heard of this site until my girlfriend was on it for me trying to help me get information on what it’d be like working as a car delivery driver full time. Yes that is my girlfriend. She told me that some of you want me to join this site myself and we both agreed that it’d wiser if I didn’t but we’ve recently talked about it and here I am now. Hi nice to meet you. Yes I’ve worked as a part time package handler and still looking for a full time job elsewhere and going to interviews.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

Welcome to Brown Cafe...

giphy-121.gif

brownwolf

Are you still interested in being a driver?

I’m still hesitant about it. It’s too time consuming and I need a job that can be flexible with my life and I doubt that I’ll stand a chance even after I apply for the job but if I had a different life I’d definitely be interested in the job

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I’m still hesitant about it. It’s too time consuming and I need a job that can be flexible with my life and I doubt that I’ll stand a chance even after I apply for the job but if I had a different life I’d definitely be interested in the job
Why do you assume you wouldn't stand a chance even before applying? Your GF said you were the hardest worker and talked very highly of you in her previous posts! What kind of flexibility are you looking for in a job? Any of the jobs you're applying for offer 100k plus benefits and a pension when you hit 30 years of service?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Ditch the girlfriend.
JK but these days in HypraCaptialism you slip up your finances, any life events, in even a small segment, whether it be high rent requirements, high vehicle costs, high student debts, conditions of employment, cost of childcare, personal healthcare, etc. and you are brutally screwed until your mid 40's.

You should experience a whole lot first hand about the job (relationship) before you jump in. let it gel for a few years perhaps. This means doing driver helper, changing between shifts, double shifting, working a second job, experiencing the complete BS that is management.

The problem here is once you go FT (have kids), there is no going back. Quitting (paying child support) will vault you into a potentially better-on-paper income but also a very likely far more risky job security outlook.

The only silver lining is you can investment pretty risky for a young person with a union job. As you will win regardless with a long hold of most anything that is not completely stupid.

Last edited:

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Ditch the girlfriend.
JK but these days in HypraCaptialism you slip up your finances, any life events, in even a small segment, whether it be high rent requirements, high vehicle costs, high student debts, conditions of employment, cost of childcare, personal healthcare, etc. and you are brutally screwed until your mid 40's.

You should experience a whole lot first hand about the job (relationship) before you jump in. let it gel for a few years perhaps. This means doing driver helper, changing between shifts, double shifting, working a second job, experiencing the complete BS that is management.

The problem here is once you go FT (have kids), there is no going back. Quitting (paying child support) will vault you into a potentially better-on-paper income but also a very likely far more risky job security outlook.

The only silver lining is you can investment pretty risky for a young person with a union job. As you will win regardless with a long hold of most anything that is not completely stupid.
Where were you 20 years ago when I needed you?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Ditch the girlfriend.

After read this your only other option is to put a bullet in your 🧠... depressing outlook...somebody needs some light therapy.. spring is near...👍

Last edited:

brownwolf

Why do you assume you wouldn't stand a chance even before applying? Your GF said you were the hardest worker and talked very highly of you in her previous posts! What kind of flexibility are you looking for in a job? Any of the jobs you're applying for offer 100k plus benefits and a pension when you hit 30 years of service?
I’m gonna be honest I do work my ass off as a package handler and I’m very strong when it comes to dealing with those packages. What I like about my current job is that I can miss a day of the month and still keep working throughout the rest of the month. I need a job like that. I need a job where I can be home before sunset and miss only one day of the month and then keep working for the rest of the month. I’ve realized that being a car delivery driver takes up your whole day and night and my girlfriend has finally realized that too even though she really loves the image of me in that uniform and turning her on just by wearing it

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Are you a werewolf...why do you have to be home before sunset?

I’m gonna be honest I do work my ass off as a package handler and I’m very strong when it comes to dealing with those packages. What I like about my current job is that I can miss a day of the month and still keep working throughout the rest of the month. I need a job like that. I need a job where I can be home before sunset and miss only one day of the month and then keep working for the rest of the month. I’ve realized that being a car delivery driver takes up your whole day and night and my girlfriend has finally realized that too even though she really loves the image of me in that uniform and turning her on just by wearing it
You can be home before sunset if the sun doesn't set until 10PM in your part of the world. I see drivers taking more then 1 day a month off. It's true that some drivers are off by 5PM everyday but new 22.4 drivers because of the lower wage rate are abused everyday.