High Seniority Package Car Drivers -. Why didn't you go feeders?

1080Driver

I had the opportunity to go into feeder after 16 years in package. I passed on it for a few reasons:
1- my kids were younger at the time & figured I'd miss even more time from them.
2 - my wife works full time & the hours I'd be working wouldn't help the marriage.
3- my commute to the building was very easy, I lived 10-15 minutes away & knew I would lose that.
4 - I lived on my route and went home for lunch 99% of the time & I was able to see school events with my kids because I was local.
5 - I figured I was physically in good enough shape and could make it through enough years to retire.

Faceplanted

I made my route to a retirement route after a few years of 9-5 greviences

I don’t want to work nights/do cpu routes which are usually outlet malls. This weeks highs are already in the 90s. No fun delivering 500 packages outside with hand trucks

I want to enjoy a full weekend, not Have to worry about keeping a sleep schedule for night work

I actually enjoy being outside and doing a little manual labor as weird as that sounds.

542thruNthru

I made my route to a retirement route after a few years of 9-5 greviences

I don’t want to work nights/do cpu routes which are usually outlet malls. This weeks highs are already in the 90s. No fun delivering 500 packages outside with hand trucks

I want to enjoy a full weekend, not Have to worry about keeping a sleep schedule for night work

I actually enjoy being outside and doing a little manual labor as weird as that sounds.

That's interesting. The feeder guys that deliver to malls here don't deliver packages. They pull up and a driver meets them to scan and del while they sit in the cab.

Wonder why it's different. Must be a supplement thing.

Faceplanted

That's interesting. The feeder guys that deliver to malls here don't deliver packages. They pull up and a driver meets them to scan and del while they sit in the cab.

Wonder why it's different. Must be a supplement thing.
We have 4 outlet malls. Feeder guys deliver all their stuff. Most of the malls Have bricks on all the walk ways so stuff is constantly bouncing on the the hand trucks and trying to fall off. The only good thing is all the hot retail girls and the South American tourist

We have a handful of good cpu routes, but the senior guys don’t give them up.

Last edited: