High volume

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Your new center manager is my old center manager and he just LOVES employees!
I worked with Joe a long time ago and its a wonder I remember his name and face, I have been through so many Center Managers. He is taking my Center over Monday and he will retire after Peak. He won't care and will be a vast improvement over the one that is leaving. She loved firing people, my condolences to the Atlanta SMART Hub!

I actually don’t know what volume numbers here are but I know more routes are in and the routes that are in aren’t exactly lighter than years past.

Anyone else noticing higher than normal summer volume?
Welcome to the next evolution: where peak is a meditative walk in the park and the other 7 months are brutally hellish
This past week, I worked more hrs (65.67) then any week in my 15yrs at ups. Monday was the first day I ever brought back packages I couldn’t deliver in The the allotted DOT time frame. There were times, of course, such as icy conditions or things beyond our control, where I brought back packages. Our entire center is going out with peak numbers. In excessive Texas heat , with cargo temps exceeding 130°, looking for a package in a P8 with over 300 pieces can easily take yrs off ones existence. Needless to say after this long week I slept 13 hrs straight (brief wake up at 6am) last night. We haven’t even hit the “amazon prime” day. 5 more days and I’m on vacation.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Welcome to the next evolution: where peak is a meditative walk in the park and the other 7 months are brutally hellish
This past week, I worked more hrs (65.67) then any week in my 15yrs at ups. Monday was the first day I ever brought back packages I couldn’t deliver in The the allotted DOT time frame. There were times, of course, such as icy conditions or things beyond our control, where I brought back packages. Our entire center is going out with peak numbers. In excessive Texas heat , with cargo temps exceeding 130°, looking for a package in a P8 with over 300 pieces can easily take yrs off ones existence. Needless to say after this long week I slept 13 hrs straight (brief wake up at 6am) last night. We haven’t even hit the “amazon prime” day. 5 more days and I’m on vacation.
In this heat you work me over 12 I call in the next day

A good guy

Its been really bad. Several routes in our center have gone out with stops that drivers have legitimately never seen before. I assumed it was because we had a different dispatch person.

Superteeth2478

Yeah, my building was going down in flames almost every day this week. I'm excited to see the levels of chaos for Prime week! I actually like the chaos.

Superteeth2478

Last week some driver walked in while we were still loading took one look at all the stacked out crap and just started screaming "YOU MOTHER :censored2:ERS" and so on like that like we personally were summoning all of these boxes of our own will.
You should have grabbed yourself and said "BITE THIS!"

rod

Retired 22 years
i-cant-remember-back-in-my-day-meme.png
Not true. I can remember "back then" - I just can't remember what I did yesterday or what I was looking for when I walked into a room 5 minutes ago. .

MattM

Unlike peak where management wants all volume out the door, we’re holding amazon volume and not spending extra on extra feeder plane runs. Amazon has us by the balls. No one seems happy about the extra volume. We must give amazon a hell of a discount.

We’ve also hired more people but they cut the hours for the majority.

UPS is in a strange place right now

Unlike peak where management wants all volume out the door, we’re holding amazon volume and not spending extra on extra feeder plane runs. Amazon has us by the balls. No one seems happy about the extra volume. We must give amazon a hell of a discount.

We’ve also hired more people but they cut the hours for the majority.

UPS is in a strange place right now
They won't let us hire anyone. It's a total disaster

rod

Retired 22 years
Did you have a little index box in the back of truck with notes about customers ?
Joe S RD2 look for the windmill, blue house?
Yes we did and depending on how much you liked your vacation driver determined if you left that box in the truck while you were gone. Runner gunners didn't stand a chance. There were many arguments with management over who had control over that box of info. It was always amazing how many of the cards that you had committed to memory could disappear because you had delivered to a place often enough. Also a lot of the info was written in code like --2 driveways down from where I pulled Ernie out of the ditch.

Yes we did and depending on how much you liked your vacation driver determined if you left that box in the truck while you were gone. Runner gunners didn't stand a chance. There were many arguments with management over who had control over that box of info. It was always amazing how many of the cards that you had committed to memory could disappear because you had delivered to a place often enough. Also a lot of the info was written in code like --2 driveways down from where I pulled Ernie out of the ditch.
I only covered one route like that a few times. It was a disaster. Lol

rod

Retired 22 years
Please stop. It would take about 2 days and they would figure it out. You werent curing cancer on a rural route pre cell phones. Buddy of mine was a package driver in the 80s. Said it was a joke.
Dream on. It would take a week or so just to figure out how to connect all the roads in an area. Maybe not in farm country where every road is a part of a square mile but try than in lake country where the roads wind around a dozen lakes and a lot of them don't even go all the way around. After you learn the roads then you can concentrate on learning the people. Its wasn't that easy in the time before smart phones and E911 adresses