Highway cop

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I was pulled over once by a Florida Game and Fish officer towing his boat down the highway. There I was, on the side of the road, lights flashing, and all he wanted was his package!
I got pulled over by a local cop once who only wanted his package. Technically, that constitutes false arrest. Instead of pointing that fact out to him, I just cheerfully gave him his package and figured that having a local cop who owed me a favor was probably a good thing.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I was pulled over by a county cop on my way home from work at about 1:00 am. Not only did he not care about my uniform but he gave me a friggin ticket for having a running light out in back. Seriously, you couldn't give me a warning? I went to court, showed pic of fixed light, no fine. Jerk.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Yes, 55 in a 40 trying to get the air off. He seemed understanding but said I have to give you a ticket but if you just come to court it will be reduced to parking on the side walk with no points and $35 fine. Just used the UPS lawyer and got the same thing.

Another time 68 in a 40 in my personal vehicle headed to work wearing uniform. He asked me could i get in trouble for a speeding ticket; I said it was within the discretion of UPS to pull me off the road or not. Gave me back my license and let me go. Was totally floored...

Back when I was a cop I was running radar on the side of the road when 2 bucket trucks (phone company) came by me doing 50 in a 35. I wrote them both the minimum ticket I could for speeding (10 over instead of 15 over). A family member worked in their garage so I asked her about them. She said they'd get in trouble and one of the drivers was a really nice guy and had gone out of his way for her a bunch of times.

I told her to call them and have them meet me at the station after their shift. I chewed them out for going 50 mph on a narrow dirt road and told them to give me the tickets back. I tore them up along with the other copies and sent them on their way.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
I got pulled over by a local cop once who only wanted his package. Technically, that constitutes false arrest. Instead of pointing that fact out to him, I just cheerfully gave him his package and figured that having a local cop who owed me a favor was probably a good thing.

Haha! Same here. Only it was a state patrolman. He was coming from the opposite direction thru a small town and flipped around and followed me. I could not figure out what I had done. He followed me for about 3 miles to my next stop and then blocked the driveway with his car as I was making a delivery. All he wanted was his package.....which I did not have.

S

selfcancelsignal

Haha! Same here. Only it was a state patrolman. He was coming from the opposite direction thru a small town and flipped around and followed me. I could not figure out what I had done. He followed me for about 3 miles to my next stop and then blocked the driveway with his car as I was making a delivery. All he wanted was his package.....which I did not have.
Please tell us all he then gave you a ticket, which you passed on to the preloader who misloaded his parcel. LMAO.

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

TheKingOfQueens

What professional courtesy? You deliver packages, He carries a gun and arrest people.

Even still . I was pulled over one time for speaking on my phone. I was on speaker phone but even still was pulled over . As she walked away with my Id in hand ready to give me a ticket for it she caught a glance of my ups hat in the back seat and asked " you work for UPS?" I replied yes . She asked if I had my employee id on me so I showed it to her and she let me go. After a couple of blocks and a right turn or 2 she pulled up next to me at a red light and said " you know I really support you UPS guys " I replied " thanks we're really hard workers and thanks again for letting me go cuz you saved my life !!!" ( cell ticket is 5 points on your license automatically ). We both smiled light turned green and we parted ways . Cops do like us UPSERS but occasionally you will get a miserable one . YEA professional courtesy .

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
What professional courtesy? You deliver packages, He carries a gun and arrest people.
I used to deliver in a downtown area that had a chronic shortage of parking, and the cops let me get away with parking on sidewalks, blocking intersections etc out of "professional courtesy".

rod

Retired 22 years
I used to deliver in a downtown area that had a chronic shortage of parking, and the cops let me get away with parking on sidewalks, blocking intersections etc out of "professional courtesy".

I could park anywhere in the small town I delivered to for 25 years. That included double parking in front of the police station and fire hall.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
My truck can be found parked stupid for the first half of the day. Double parked, sidewalks, tow away zones, crosswalks, highrise lobbies...ok maybe not the last one.

Sent using BrownCafe App