hiring illegals

Overpaid Union Thug

Ok. Let’s talk Illegal immigration.

Yes, some come here with ulterior motives. To have kids, mooch on our system, get our stellar free healthcare (sarcasm).

However,

No illegal immigrant can take social security. Yet some get fake cards and pay into the system.

It’s been more than a few years but I remember seeing some reports, and reading about, how the money from illegals that’s supposed to go into Social Security is actually being used much like our Social Security funding. Which is being raided by the government to pay for things other than Social Security payments.

They generally know which payments are coming from legitimate Social Security numbers and which aren’t. So, they spend accordingly. Well, when I say accordingly I don’t mean properly. I mean the way a wasteful spending government bureaucrat spends “extra” money.

Most of your fruit, and vegetables wouldn’t get picked. So you’d starve. Unless you want to do it for minimum wage? Or pay higher prices? Because inflation is a bitch.

The price increases would be a drop in the bucket. Much like the effect of trumps tariffs on products coming from other countries. And would primarily affect California.

https://amgreatness.com/2018/01/13/no-americas-farmers-dont-depend-illegal-immigration/

Most are truly trying to escape the tyranny, and persecution they face at home.
That is Categorically false. Most are just trying to find work. Even the ones that come from border states falls in that category. Unless they come from a cartel held territory and are directly persecuted by the cartel they have no such claim. And most don’t as long as they mind their own business. The fact is that most illegals don’t encounter cartels until they start the process of crossing illegally. That’s because the Cartels control almost all of the human smuggling chains. Along with the drug smuggling. Many have combined the two.

Chances are, unless you are Native American, you yourself are, or the descendant of...an immigrant. Legal, or otherwise.

This claim has no bearing on the discussion.

I am not saying I am against immigration reform, there needs to be something reasonable. Yet, a wall won’t fix anything. Seriously. It’s expensive and just won’t work. You can go over it, under it, or around it.

A wall would work. It wouldn’t eliminate 100% of illegal crossings but once completed the amount of illegal crossings would be drastically eliminated. It’s better to have hundreds make it through it then millions.

I personally know a dozen illegals and have met, but don’t know, more than I have been able to keep count of. One thing they all have in common, if they discuss how they crossed the border, is this......NONE of them crossed where there is an actual wall or barrier.

What the solution is, I won’t claim to know. I’m just a truck driver, and no, not a liberal one. Just one that tries to keep informed.

The solution is a combination of the wall and barriers along with surveillance of other areas of terrain that do not require either. Nationwide enforcement of the laws that are already on the books. Penalties for employers that knowingly hire them. And cutting off government benefits. And illegal alien should not be getting a penny while Americans, particularly our vets, or being screwed over.

watdaflock?

If I use the liberal low ball estimate of 11 million illegals and subtract the half that overstayed visas that still leaves us with 5.5 million illegals. Simple math really.

Damn dude, do you even think about what you’re about to say before posting it?
What percentage of those 5.5 million do you think are actually hiking across from Mexico?

Damn dude, do you even think about what you’re about to say before posting it?

watdaflock?

Democrats were the ones that colluded with Russia, the intelligence community, and the media to try and oust Trump.
You really are insane...

You can’t see that, which is part of the problem.

newfie

Putin wasn't in charge then.
Hope this helps.

not sure how that changes the fact that Obama encouraged the investment and relations in Russia that you suddenly find at fault when Trump becomes president. Did Obama do it better or should we pretend that didn't happen. It seems like the contacts Trump made with Russia occurred during the Obama administration with I assume close federal oversight? Or are you saying Obama didn't do his job?

watdaflock?

not sure how that changes the fact that Obama encouraged the investment and relations in Russia that you suddenly find at fault when Trump becomes president. Did Obama do it better or should we pretend that didn't happen. It seems like the contacts Trump made with Russia occurred during the Obama administration with I assume close federal oversight? Or are you saying Obama didn't do his job?
Either you're unwilling or unable to comprehend the differences of their actions.