hitting a dog

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Pretty much. If I hit it which I did not, it was in the road. I was not in a driveway, the dog warden said I had no liability, but I was who they chose to blame. I think the dog got hit earlier, and it was time to blame someone. I cant quit puking. and they announced it at the pcm...she ...did it

And this is what you base your grievance on.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
If it helps at all I whacked a dog at peak one year and never got charged with an accident. Leash law. He tried to bite the back tire while I was driving, never even saw him really. Ruined Christmas that year.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
If it helps at all I whacked a dog at peak one year and never got charged with an accident. Leash law. He tried to bite the back tire while I was driving, never even saw him really. Ruined Christmas that year.
I know dogs, I know how they act, I knew it might run out it never did , it was already dead!! And I thought my boss believed me, then he turns me into a dog killer, yes i am a whiner, I am hearbroken over it. I cant stand it.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
but I know I did everything right, I was 8 miles below the speed limit!!!!!!!! Charge me with an accident but dont tell ALL MY CO WORKERS I COULD have avoided it!!!

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I am like the most dog loving person alive except @soberups. i GOT CHARGED FOR HITTING A DOG THAT I DID NOT HIT. by a manager who could find no evidence that I hit it, and by a man who could not speak english. No hair, no blood 8 miles under the speed limit. Full wheel analysis filmed. Pronounced in front of 70 of my co workers, that I killed a dog needlessly. Pretty mad, wwjd. pretty hurt and totally distraught.

Grieve the warning letter and grieve the PCM under Article 37.

Your center manager is a piece of :censored2:.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Grieve the warning letter and grieve the PCM under Article 37.

Your center manager is a piece of :censored2:.
And he knows. most people have pics of their kids in their truck I have my dog

Attachments

• 1347834920036.jpg
    1347834920036.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 193

clean hairy

An Attorney could have a field day with this.
Libel, slander, defamation of character, maybe violation of some type of privacy laws in telling everyone about it.
That is the lowest of the low, to accuse a person of wrongdoing, have no proof, then tell others who have no business knowing.
My blood is not boiling, but my respect for the management who is doing this has reached a new low.
Have them do an Autopsy ASAP, it could determine an approximate time of death. It could be determined to be a timeframe before you were ever on the road. Then the company would have ALOT of explaining to do!
If the dog is no longer available, an Attorney could make it tampering with evidence?
He or She could also ask why an Autopsy was not done to establish time of death since based upon their own investigation there was no evidence of you being the culprit.
Based on no evidence to establish you at fault, why di they feel giving co-workers selective information about which was not proven to be true and naming you specifically?
Sorry folks, I am a lover dogs and cats and it is sad to see a person so wrongly accused.
Sorry for the rambling, I am going to give my kitty and puppy an extra hug!.

AKCoverMan

Tooner.. I'm so sorry your going thru this. I've read your posts for years almost like I know you, and I am shocked and appalled by this.

Like Tripiscut, I too once hit and killed a dog. It was early in my career on my third or fourth week of Saturday Air driving. dog was out loose while owner was working in his yard. I never saw her, she was in some bushes and according to the owner ran out after the PC trying to bite the tire. All I felt was the bump.

Her owner and I held her and petted her while she died. Owner tried to console me, telling me nothing I could have done, that the dog had always been bad about chasing vehicles.

That was horrible. I'm a huge dog lover, but even if I wasn't I would still have felt awful for the owner who clearly was upset,of the death of his dog. Yet I was never even charged with an accident as the owner didn't want to pursue anything and the dog as out running loose on city street.

But this idiot of a center manager is charging you with an accident that never even happened! It's guilt by being in the wrong place at the wrong time apparently. Grieve the letter, grieve the PCM under Art. 37!

The letter must be thrown out, the accident charge should be removed since you did not have one, and the turdbqll center manager should be required to hold another PCM exonerating you and apologizing to you in front of your peers. Your 23 yrs of safe driving (props for that!!) should continue unblemished. And I think you ought to get paid for taking tomorrow off. Maybe that's just me..

I'll keep a good thought for you my friend. Peace.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I would make it my mission in life to give this guy hell every single day he comes to work. Keep your head up....no way that will stick. File everything in the book. Good luck.

oldngray

nowhere special
This looks like one of the clearest cases of an automatic win of a grievance I have ever seen. The center manager must have been under pressure from above to charge drivers with everything or he was below his mandated quota for the month.

trickpony1

Damage was done to you when you were slandered in front of your peers.
Further damage will be done to you when you are issued a warning letter.
Is the owner of the dog trying to get money from the company?

I realize the union probably won't do anything.
The EEOC, Dept of Labor and NLRB might.

I've been told that publicly embarrassing the company on their facebook page has been known to get attention.

Do any of your local TV stations have a segment where the stations investigator "go to bat" for people who have been wronged? You might try that also.

Good luck.