Hoffa does not speak for me.

Leftinbuilding

Leftinbuilding......welcome to the "dummies' club. Believe me, you are in good company!!!

LOL, he is fun. What he lacks in intelligence, he makes up for in arrogance. I guarantee you he screams about the "tax loopholes" enjoyed by some corporations, and how they are helped by the feds because they don't pay their "fair share." Yet he can't/won't see it with the USPS. Oh well, somebody has to vote for Obama, LOL.

working up a sweat

The "Smartest Person in Brown Cafe" is calling fellow posters dumb. A tactic of of an ideologue and rules for radicals. Pretty soon he will tell anybody that does that follow his ideas will hurt kids, kitties, puppies, grandma, holidays, parakeets, Disneyland, grass, heroes, vegetables, clouds, rivers, Mighty Mouse, Eskimos... what did I miss?

working up a sweat

The "Smartest Person in Brown Cafe" is calling fellow posters dumb and uninformed. A tactic of an ideologue and community organizer. Soon posters who try to make a cognizant point will be accused of hurting kids, kitties, puppies, unions, grandma, holidays, parakeets, Disneyland, grass, heroes, vegetables, clouds, rivers, Mighty Mouse, Eskimos and polar bears.

steward71

The only taxpayer money the USPS uses is money spent on laws for the elderly and govermental use. That is tax payer money. There is no taxpayer money being used for operational purposes directly allocated out of the US treasury.

The only twist my friend is in your mind. Was that the best offering you could come up with to fit your dialog of Foxed spews reporting?

You are talking about exemptions and not operational costs. I challenged all of you right wing drones to POST something that demonstrates where the federal goverment and the US treasury allocates money for the operational aspect of the postal service, and none of you can do it.

The best you could come up with is exemptions.

Pretty weak. A used Tea Bag would have a stronger argument, and I dont mean Michele Bachman.

None of you have the first clue how the USPS operates other than what you have heard from right wing blowhards whos intention was to mis informe you in the first place.

When Reagan changed the post office in 1980, he ended all tax payer sudsidies for the postal service. At that time in history, USPS revenue was at all time highs. Expansion was on the horizon. Nobody knew that 20 years later, the internet would ultimately kill the postal service and their business model.

No matter what the reality is, the GOVERMENT does not run the postal service, and if you are a person who says "they do", you need to find out for yourself what reality is, and then stop saying that.

It is a privately run business for the goverment and not a goverment agency.

Lets keep the facts straight.

Peace.

Not going to get on here and call you names, because I am better than that. So here is your reality check. . . but first a brief history of the United States Postal Service. Benjamin Franklin was the First Post Master General which can be traced back to 1775. In 1792, the Post Office Department was created from Franklin's operation. Then, under the Postal Reorganization Act of 1971, it became what it is today. You are correct in saying that it has not received tax payers money since the 1980's. Although that was in fact agreed upon by Democrats and Republicans alike. The Board of Governors of the United States Postal Service sets these policies that the Postal Service runs under. Most of the people that set on this board are Presidential Appointees. Which you can fact check this under the United States Code 201. The Post Office is often mistaken for a government owned corporation, but legally defined under the United States Code 201 as an independent establishment of the executive branch of the government of the United States. Which again, is controlled by Presidential Appointees. It is a quasi-governmental agency which has sovereign immunity. Just an example, they cannot be sued and they have imminent domain powers, but they can be sued by their own employees, such as for discrimination, wage disputes, etc. They also exercise imminent Domain Powers. Fact check. . . In 2004 the Supreme Court ruled that the United States Postal Service was not a government owned corporation. Your confusing the Post Office with AmTrak. AmTrak is a government run corporation. In 2005, the Supreme Court again recognized the right of the Post Office to have imminent domain powers over mailboxes. It is a federal offense for anyone other than the Post Office to use mailboxes. Fact Check. . . . Know your history, know your general laws, then you will know yourself and your Country. Have a good day

working up a sweat

The "Smartest Person in Brown Cafe" is calling fellow posters dumb and uninformed. A tactic of an ideologue and community organizer. Soon posters who try to make a cognizant point will be accused of hurting kids, kitties, puppies, unions, grandma, holidays, parakeets, Disneyland, grass, heroes, vegetables, clouds, rivers, Mighty Mouse, Eskimos and polar bears.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Not going to get on here and call you names, because I am better than that. So here is your reality check. . . but first a brief history of the United States Postal Service. Benjamin Franklin was the First Post Master General which can be traced back to 1775. In 1792, the Post Office Department was created from Franklin's operation. Then, under the Postal Reorganization Act of 1971, it became what it is today. You are correct in saying that it has not received tax payers money since the 1980's. Although that was in fact agreed upon by Democrats and Republicans alike. The Board of Governors of the United States Postal Service sets these policies that the Postal Service runs under. Most of the people that set on this board are Presidential Appointees. Which you can fact check this under the United States Code 201. The Post Office is often mistaken for a government owned corporation, but legally defined under the United States Code 201 as an independent establishment of the executive branch of the government of the United States. Which again, is controlled by Presidential Appointees. It is a quasi-governmental agency which has sovereign immunity. Just an example, they cannot be sued and they have imminent domain powers, but they can be sued by their own employees, such as for discrimination, wage disputes, etc. They also exercise imminent Domain Powers. Fact check. . . In 2004 the Supreme Court ruled that the United States Postal Service was not a government owned corporation. Your confusing the Post Office with AmTrak. AmTrak is a government run corporation. In 2005, the Supreme Court again recognized the right of the Post Office to have imminent domain powers over mailboxes. It is a federal offense for anyone other than the Post Office to use mailboxes. Fact Check. . . . Know your history, know your general laws, then you will know yourself and your Country. Have a good day

Where's the old NBC "the more you know" logo? lol

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

How is this different than what I said? I am not the one confused on the issue. I know the history of the postal service very well.

Peace.

satellitedriver

I agree with you with a couple of exceptions.

1) shale gas- the process for extraction isnt safe yet. As the industry finds ways to protect the ground well water from the extreme pollution effects of the extraction, I am sure at some point it will be a safe process and wont put people at risk. The real problem is what to do with the contaminated water after it is used. That water has to be extracted itself then professionally removed and disposed of. You just cant put that water anywhere. I have a few suggestions, like using the water on the grass at senior citizens retirement golf courses, or putting out the fires in texas, but those are only suggestions.

2) Drilling our own oil. This is the idea that has been sold to americans by the republicans for years now. To bad its not true. Dril drill drill is the repetition that is used to convince its followers that its intentions are to make things better for americans. The reality is, they dont want to drill.

First of all, BUSH was for expanding drilling in the GULF and off florida, and called for congress to approve the drilling. But what happened??? Easy, his father, BUSH Sr. signed a LAW / BILL that prevented such expansion into the gulf along with JEB Bush signing a similiar law in Florida. Bush was faced with having to overturn his father and brothers actions and he quickly backed off the idea. He called for drilling in Alaska, expanded leases there, but the oil companies "CHOSE" to leave those leases empty because the price of crude was dropping just before the 2008 election.

With respect to refining, 50% of our refining capacity was REDUCED under Reagan and Bush1 in price manipulation moves that caused the price of crude oil to rise out of the 5 dollar a barrel zone and by the time BUSH1 left office, oil prices for crude quintupled.

I agree Sat, if the republicans were for real, these two areas would create jobs, but its a hoax. The reality for oil is that the oil companies have NO INTENTION of driving prices DOWN. That isnt in their best interests.

Taking oil back to the 30 dollar a barrel range will cut profits from the 100 billion a quarter to 10 billion a quarter range and I dont think any of you believe they would want to do this voluntarily.

The natural gas in shale is a good idea, but it needs refining before it can become practical. The cost to safely remove the gas may be cost prohibitive and kill the concept, but the industry has to be resourceful and find a way.

The environmental impacts of extracting natural gas are extreme. If you just listen to fox news , you would get the impression that taking it out of the ground is as easy as pulling a cork, but its mis informing the public.
http://www.energybulletin.net/stori...extraction-environment-and-human-heath-report

Peace.
I agree with about 10% of what you stated.
90% is hog wash.
Too late in the evening for me to go through your diatribe and point out your false assumptions that are stated as fact.
Later.

satellitedriver

I live in an area with a massive aquifer.
http://pubs.usgs.gov/sir/2007/5169/

I DO NOT WANT SHALE EXTRACTION IN MY AREA!! DO NOT RUIN MY WATER!!!
We all want clean water.
Is it better to foul up other areas, so that you can have gasoline, natural gas and fresh water?
Reality,
I have a water well as my sole water supply and have deep oil wells 1000yrds from my home.
2000ft from my home is a community water system that draws from the same aquifer as mine.
The entire county draws its water from this same aquifer.
There are 1000's of oil and natural gas well locations in this county, including deep shale drilling.
I recently sent a water sample from my well to a lab that tests for every known contaminant and guess what.-( it was a three page single line report)-
Not one trace of any containment, just pure H2O.
This new fad of condemning Fracking geological zones is mindbogglingly.
Fracking is a known technolgy and improving.
Until we make cars that run on water-( it can happen)- you have a choice.
Walk, ride a bike, ride a horse, or drive a car.
I choose driving a car.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
We all want clean water.
Is it better to foul up other areas, so that you can have gasoline, natural gas and fresh water?
Reality,
I have a water well as my sole water supply and have deep oil wells 1000yrds from my home.
2000ft from my home is a community water system that draws from the same aquifer as mine.
The entire county draws its water from this same aquifer.
There are 1000's of oil and natural gas well locations in this county, including deep shale drilling.
I recently sent a water sample from my well to a lab that tests for every known contaminant and guess what.-( it was a three page single line report)-
Not one trace of any containment, just pure H2O.
This new fad of condemning Fracking geological zones is mindbogglingly.
Fracking is a known technolgy and improving.
Until we make cars that run on water-( it can happen)- you have a choice.
Walk, ride a bike, ride a horse, or drive a car.
I choose driving a car.

SAT,

let me be the first to say that all the drilling through shale should be done as close to your source of water as possible. I agree, let technology improve at the expense of those who want to see it develop. I say, drill baby drill as long as your water source is the first to be contaminated with radioactivity and other harmful cancer causes from the expended water.

If there were more people like you (patriots) and they were willing to use their own families as guinea pigs, technology would advance quicker. Thanks for stepping up and being the better american.

Same with coal plants. If "patriots" want them built, they should have them built in their own communities, and downwind from the schools their children will be attending. I am all for that. Since most "patriots" believe there is no harm from coal, then they should show that to america by living as close to one as humanly possible and prove the scientist and doctors wrong.

I wish more "patriots" would step up like SAT and volunteer their health and safety for corporate america.

Anyone else care to volunteer thier health and safety on shale before it can be perfected?

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Lets leave out all the fines and reparations that Shale Oil companies are having to pay complete communities for "polluting" the water tables so far. Thats just a cost of doing business , eh SAT?

Forget about that. Water is water... So what if it carries harmful cancer causers for decades. So what if it cant be cleaned after contamination, its only water.

Forget about the endless health claims that toxic water will create in our hospitals down the road, we want to drive cars!

I think everyone should look the other way at the facts of "FRACKING" and just go along with the program like "we" are told to do at Tea Party Rallies.

Peace.

steward71

How is this different than what I said? I am not the one confused on the issue. I know the history of the postal service very well.

Peace.

Yes you are confused, you stated in your post your words not are they not: "no matter what the reality is, the goverment does run rule the postal service, and if you are a person who says "they do", you need to find out for yourself what reality is, and then stop saying that." " It is a privately run business for the goverment and not a goverment agency." Are those not your words that came from your post. No, I don't stand corrected, you do.
I know the reality I live is called the real world not Obama land. No, you just need a reality check of your words. Again know your history and know yourself
You are good at the SIN:
Shift the subjuct
Ignore the facts
Name call