Hoffa does not speak for me.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
How is this different than what I said? I am not the one confused on the issue. I know the history of the postal service very well.

Peace.

Yes you are confused, you stated in your post your words not are they not: "no matter what the reality is, the goverment does NOT run the postal service, and if you are a person who says "they do", you need to find out for yourself what reality is, and then stop saying that." " It is a privately run business for the goverment and not a goverment agency." Are those not your words that came from your post. No, I don't stand corrected, you do.
I know the reality I live is called the real world not Obama land. No, you just need a reality check of your words. Again know your history and know yourself
You are good at the SIN:
Shift the subjuct
Ignore the facts
Name call

The goverment DOES NOT RUN the Postal SERVICE.

Peace.

steward71

The only taxpayer money the USPS uses is money spent on laws for the elderly and govermental use. That is tax payer money. There is no taxpayer money being used for operational purposes directly allocated out of the US treasury.

The only twist my friend is in your mind. Was that the best offering you could come up with to fit your dialog of Foxed spews reporting?

You are talking about exemptions and not operational costs. I challenged all of you right wing drones to POST something that demonstrates where the federal goverment and the US treasury allocates money for the operational aspect of the postal service, and none of you can do it.

The best you could come up with is exemptions.

Pretty weak. A used Tea Bag would have a stronger argument, and I dont mean Michele Bachman.

None of you have the first clue how the USPS operates other than what you have heard from right wing blowhards whos intention was to mis informe you in the first place.

When Reagan changed the post office in 1980, he ended all tax payer sudsidies for the postal service. At that time in history, USPS revenue was at all time highs. Expansion was on the horizon. Nobody knew that 20 years later, the internet would ultimately kill the postal service and their business model.

No matter what the reality is, the GOVERMENT does not run the postal service, and if you are a person who says "they do", you need to find out for yourself what reality is, and then stop saying that.

It is a privately run business for the goverment and not a goverment agency.

Lets keep the facts straight.

Peace.

No mistake here is this not what you posted, you are good at SIN. The I in SIN means to Ignore the facts. Now do your homework before you try to say I'm wrong. You also are showing the S Sin in which stands for Shift the Blame. You are wrong freind it is run by the goverment. Get over the fact you don't know as much as you think you do. Have a good one.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No mistake here is this not what you posted, you are good at SIN. The I in SIN means to Ignore the facts. Now do your homework before you try to say I'm wrong. You also are showing the S Sin in which stands for Shift the Blame. You are wrong freind it is run by the goverment. Get over the fact you don't know as much as you think you do. Have a good one.

TOS' original post was changed. She did state that the govt does not run the P.O. in her original post.

steward71

The only taxpayer money the USPS uses is money spent on laws for the elderly and govermental use. That is tax payer money. There is no taxpayer money being used for operational purposes directly allocated out of the US treasury.

The only twist my friend is in your mind. Was that the best offering you could come up with to fit your dialog of Foxed spews reporting?

You are talking about exemptions and not operational costs. I challenged all of you right wing drones to POST something that demonstrates where the federal goverment and the US treasury allocates money for the operational aspect of the postal service, and none of you can do it.

The best you could come up with is exemptions.

Pretty weak. A used Tea Bag would have a stronger argument, and I dont mean Michele Bachman.

None of you have the first clue how the USPS operates other than what you have heard from right wing blowhards whos intention was to mis informe you in the first place.

When Reagan changed the post office in 1980, he ended all tax payer sudsidies for the postal service. At that time in history, USPS revenue was at all time highs. Expansion was on the horizon. Nobody knew that 20 years later, the internet would ultimately kill the postal service and their business model.

No matter what the reality is, the GOVERMENT does not run the postal service, and if you are a person who says "they do", you need to find out for yourself what reality is, and then stop saying that.

It is a privately run business for the goverment and not a goverment agency.

Lets keep the facts straight.

Peace.
I did not post anything wrong, again I Quoted what he the Other Side Stated.

Last edited:

steward71

Not going to get on here and call you names, because I am better than that. So here is your reality check. . . but first a brief history of the United States Postal Service. Benjamin Franklin was the First Post Master General which can be traced back to 1775. In 1792, the Post Office Department was created from Franklin's operation. Then, under the Postal Reorganization Act of 1971, it became what it is today. You are correct in saying that it has not received tax payers money since the 1980's. Although that was in fact agreed upon by Democrats and Republicans alike. The Board of Governors of the United States Postal Service sets these policies that the Postal Service runs under. Most of the people that set on this board are Presidential Appointees. Which you can fact check this under the United States Code 201. The Post Office is often mistaken for a government owned corporation, but legally defined under the United States Code 201 as an independent establishment of the executive branch of the government of the United States. Which again, is controlled by Presidential Appointees. It is a quasi-governmental agency which has sovereign immunity. Just an example, they cannot be sued and they have imminent domain powers, but they can be sued by their own employees, such as for discrimination, wage disputes, etc. They also exercise imminent Domain Powers. Fact check. . . In 2004 the Supreme Court ruled that the United States Postal Service was not a government owned corporation. Your confusing the Post Office with AmTrak. AmTrak is a government run corporation. In 2005, the Supreme Court again recognized the right of the Post Office to have imminent domain powers over mailboxes. It is a federal offense for anyone other than the Post Office to use mailboxes. Fact Check. . . . Know your history, know your general laws, then you will know yourself and your Country. Have a good day

here is my 1st post on this I never stated anything worng or his quoted what he stated.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

STEWARD71

Please Identify the "goverment" agency that runs the post office. Who is the Cabinet Official from the goverment and what department does he/she run. Second, identify how the goverment "runs' the daily operation of the post office.

Peace.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I did not copy anything wrong at all or do it on purpose, stated what he Quoted, read his post and you will see that is what I quoted him as saying.

How is this different than what I said? I am not the one confused on the issue. I know the history of the postal service very well.

Peace.

Yes you are confused, you stated in your post your words not are they not: "no matter what the reality is, the goverment does run rule the postal service, and if you are a person who says "they do", you need to find out for yourself what reality is, and then stop saying that." " It is a privately run business for the goverment and not a goverment agency." Are those not your words that came from your post. No, I don't stand corrected, you do.
I know the reality I live is called the real world not Obama land. No, you just need a reality check of your words. Again know your history and know yourself
You are good at the SIN:
Shift the subjuct
Ignore the facts
Name call

Check the bolded part of your post against what TOS actually wrote in the post you are quoting from. That's the change that I am talking about. I'm assuming it was inadvertent on your part.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Why do USPS vehicles have US Government tags on them?

It is a quasi goverment agency "INDEPENDENTLY RUN" by a board of directors. Just like a private business, but congress has oversight over the final decisions. It has goverment protections, but has no official dealings with the goverment. When the post master general goes to congress with the boards decisions to change the business, congress has oversight on those decisions.

There is no BRANCH of goverment that runs the postal service. There is no DAY to DAY cabinet official who runs the post office. There is NO TAX money used to run the post office. Its sole source of revenue is from its services. Unfortunately, those services are losing money every year and declining revenue vs the rising cost of operations is putting them out of business.

The post office failed to see the future 15 years ago when the internet was created. Online services take 25% percent of the USPS revenue each year. Eventually, the stamp will reach a cost of .50 cents each and that will be the end of it. Reagan changed it from the US Mail to the United States Postal Service, operating solely on revenue earned from services. No tax subsidies or tax payer money to be used for the daily operation. In addition, a board of directors was established to run the business.

They get tax breaks like all other companies, but recieve no direct tax payer money.

At the current rate of decline, the Postal Service should be out of business by the end of next year. Currently losing 18 billion a year, next years projections are expected to top 20 billion.

Privatizing the mail service will be the future. The US goverment should only handle the transporting, sorting and sales of stamps, postage, parcels and advo to each community mail service. There are many ideas for comunity mail service, and all involve part time workers.

In reality, the days of the post man walking up to your door and dropping the mail are numbered. Private mail service will offer you choices, like a monthly fee for delivery to a street mail box (MBU) or you could pick up your mail from a center for free. Either way, this "free service" of mail delivery will not be FREE any more.

Its the future.

Peace.

UPS Lifer

"...neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night..." Well you get the picture! You can always find a "silver lining" such as:

Sometimes it is entertaining to follow the flow of a thread as it is being hijacked by the fringe element! There are days you want to utilize all your brain power and there are days dribble/drabble and a cup of coffee seem to hit the spot!

POS thank you!

hembone

"...neither snow, nor rain, nor heat, nor gloom of night..." Well you get the picture! You can always find a "silver lining" such as:

Sometimes it is entertaining to follow the flow of a thread as it is being hijacked by the fringe element! There are days you want to utilize all your brain power and there are days dribble/drabble and a cup of coffee seem to hit the spot!

POS thank you!

As Forrest Gump would say " some threads are like a box of chocolates you never know where they are gonna end up".

satellitedriver

SAT,

let me be the first to say that all the drilling through shale should be done as close to your source of water as possible. I agree, let technology improve at the expense of those who want to see it develop. I say, drill baby drill as long as your water source is the first to be contaminated with radioactivity and other harmful cancer causes from the expended water.

If there were more people like you (patriots) and they were willing to use their own families as guinea pigs, technology would advance quicker. Thanks for stepping up and being the better american.

Same with coal plants. If "patriots" want them built, they should have them built in their own communities, and downwind from the schools their children will be attending. I am all for that. Since most "patriots" believe there is no harm from coal, then they should show that to america by living as close to one as humanly possible and prove the scientist and doctors wrong.

I wish more "patriots" would step up like SAT and volunteer their health and safety for corporate america.

Anyone else care to volunteer thier health and safety on shale before it can be perfected?

Peace.

Where did this patriot bs come from?
That aside.
Fracking zones is an 70yr old technology, and improving.
Oil and gas deposits are thousands of feet below the water table.
Use of bentonite clay and other sealing agents prevent contamination.
Shale gas deposits are even further down.
You have no practical knowledge of the extraction of the energy you use daily.
Now to the coal plants bs you spew.
80% of all electricity in the USA is from coal fired plants.
If not for coal, natural gas and nuclear power you could not have the electricity to run your computer and bloviate.

I, unlike you, have worked in the coal mines, and live within 50 miles of 2 coal fired power plants.
I, unlike you, have built parts for a nuclear power plant that provides a vast amount of energy to Houston, Tx that supports the refineries that produce the majority of refined oil products in the USA.
I, unlike you, live in the oil fields that supply your energy.
I, unlike you, have my water tested for all know chemicals on a yearly basis.
Guinea pigs?
As trp would say, I would bet a dollar to a donut's hole you have never tested the water you drink.

Thanks for your foolish and hateful remarks, for me and all around me to have to suffer on your behalf.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Where did this patriot bs come from?
That aside.
Fracking zones is an 70yr old technology, and improving.
Oil and gas deposits are thousands of feet below the water table.
Use of bentonite clay and other sealing agents prevent contamination.
Shale gas deposits are even further down.
You have no practical knowledge of the extraction of the energy you use daily.
Now to the coal plants bs you spew.
80% of all electricity in the USA is from coal fired plants.
If not for coal, natural gas and nuclear power you could not have the electricity to run your computer and bloviate.

I, unlike you, have worked in the coal mines, and live within 50 miles of 2 coal fired power plants.
I, unlike you, have built parts for a nuclear power plant that provides a vast amount of energy to Houston, Tx that supports the refineries that produce the majority of refined oil products in the USA.
I, unlike you, live in the oil fields that supply your energy.
I, unlike you, have my water tested for all know chemicals on a yearly basis.
Guinea pigs?
As trp would say, I would bet a dollar to a donut's hole you have never tested the water you drink.

Thanks for your foolish and hateful remarks, for me and all around me to have to suffer on your behalf.

Yeah but he/she has a couple solar panels !! :happy2:

menotyou

bella amicizia
I don't wantto argue with Sat as I believe he is a intelligent and articulate individual who has a right to his beliefs. I just ask for the same respect. My power comes from the hydro dams around this area. I, personally, don't feel they have this hydrofracking thing down to where I feel comfortable having my aquifer any where near where they might possibly be doing it. I understand the Marcellus Shale deposit(http://oilshalegas.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/mar.JPG) is massive. I am not convinced the technology is safe. JMO.