holiday as a report

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The OP is working under Art 40 delivering air on Saturday. No OT unless you worked 40 hours that week. He is wanting to know if Holiday hours count towards his 40.

I'm pretty sure they would not, unless he has local language that says differently. He was asking two different questions, yes the holiday counts as a day in regards to OT for a 6th punch, but the 40 and 8hr rules apply only to time worked. Since 6th punch doesn't apply to air exception drivers, he would not get OT until actually working over 40 for the week, or 8 in the day.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
As someone who is a RPCD works 6 days a week by choice outside of peak, and is in the Southern Supplement, I can 100% tell you that working today is OT provided you worked Mon,Tues,Wend, and Friday.

Actually, you didn't even have to work Friday for it to be OT today, Saturday

Friday is a paid Holiday. So there are 2 paid Holidays this week. So any time worked over 24 hours, 3 days, Mon, Tues, Wed, is OT.

Southern Region

Article 60

Section 2

Time worked in excess of thirty-two (32) hours in any week which a holiday occurs or twenty-four (24) hours if a second holiday occurs in any week shall be paid for at the rate of time and one-half (1-1/2) where the holiday falls within the employee’s scheduled workweek.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I'm pretty sure they would not, unless he has local language that says differently. He was asking two different questions, yes the holiday counts as a day in regards to OT for a 6th punch, but the 40 and 8hr rules apply only to time worked. Since 6th punch doesn't apply to air exception drivers, he would not get OT until actually working over 40 for the week, or 8 in the day.

You are correct.

Southern

Article 60

Section 2

Pay for un-worked holidays shall not be used in computing overtime pay in the regular workweek.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Actually, you didn't even have to work Friday for it to be OT today, Saturday

Friday is a paid Holiday. So there are 2 paid Holidays this week. So any time worked over 24 hours, 3 days, Mon, Tues, Wed, is OT.

Southern Region

Article 60

Section 2

Time worked in excess of thirty-two (32) hours in any week which a holiday occurs or twenty-four (24) hours if a second holiday occurs in any week shall be paid for at the rate of time and one-half (1-1/2) where the holiday falls within the employee’s scheduled workweek.
That’s true, it’s still a holiday and paid as such at double time rate for all hours worked as well.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
1. Industry leading wage
2. Industry leading benefits
3. Industry leading pension
4. Union protection
5. Solid reputation as a company
6. Pretty cool company vehicles

Let me rephrase this for those that may not be as astute as others.

But I can still count on 1 hand the only things that we may have in the Central Region Supplement that is better than most other Supplements.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
1. Industry leading wage
2. Industry leading benefits
3. Industry leading pension
4. Union protection
5. Solid reputation as a company
6. Pretty cool company vehicles

images (4).jpeg