Home serving 1 day suspension

brown bomber

brown bomber
we get 3 or 4 messages a day telling us to enter our lunch-break into the DIAD....is this a common practice throughout the entire country ????

under the radar

A Trained Professional
The chain of discipline was followed, 1 verbal, 1 written, 1 day suspension.

For not putting my lunch in the diad.

As far as being micromanaged, if you are a person that ritually remembers to enter this info, then it will never affect you and you will never see this reminder. I happen to be the sort of person that is very visual, i work off of EDD and have trouble remembering things that are not there on my list. (like OCAs) I have tried very hard to develop a habit of putting in the times, and even tried training myself to enter my lunch as soon as I punch in, obviously with no success. Now that I am as far into the disciplinary chain as I amI have no room for a slip up. I went for a month and a half since the last time but forgot yesterday. I am dealing with a new Ctr Mngr. who seems like he's trying to make a serious impression.

Don't be ashamed to write yourself a reminder. When I get OCA's, need to remember to go back to a stop, need supplies for a customer, etc., I write them on a delivery notice and stick it on the top of my dashboard. If my job was being threatened, I would do whatever it takes to make it happen.

A

Anon dannyBoy

I would guess that its hard to remember because you dont take your lunch or break?

When I got to where I was taking my lunch, right after I cut the truck off, I would punch the actual time. Then when I got back into the truck, I would punch off lunch. That simple. That honest. Before you move your vehicle, you are off lunch. Breaks the same way. That way, if any one is watching you for what ever reason, there is no fudging of the numbers, you actually punched when you got to lunch, and punched again as you got ready to leave.

Take your lunch. Take your break.

d

You don't even work for UPS, do you?
Go Fish

LeddySS98

If you really have a hard time remembering to put your lunch/break times in, then simply start taking them... and while your on them code the time. Win/Win

UPS Lifer

And I did have a nice relaxing dat off.

It won't be such a nice day off the next time if you lose your job over this! LOL

I actually thought you had a good suggestion about putting a reminder before you punch out. Maybe there is a legal reason why they can't do that .... I don't know. After reading what most of the drivers posted, I have to agree with their overall assessment. Take responsibility for your lunch.

I hate to see anyone lose their job over something so foolish as forgetting to put in your lunch.

Here are some immediate suggestions to avoid a gruesome future outcome!

Create your own checkoff list that you keep on you and review at the end of the day. Make sure this is top on the list!

You should do this in real time so you need to develop a conscious routine to eliminate this from happening in the future. Maybe - you can make a card you put near the bulkhead that you have to see at every stop as you shut your bulkhead door. At lunch you pull it down and take it with you and put the time in the DIAD. This card goes with your end of day routine and you double check the input prior to punch out. You do this every single day until it is a habit. Try and take your lunch at the same time every day to also get into a routine....and for right now, I would even take lunch in the same location if possible.

One more preventative measure - back at the center you could have someone (as a backup) remind you. Don't rely on this one though just use it as a back up.

Remember that your job depends upon this and you should have no problem.

Honestly - I think this is really silly that you are having this much trouble getting into a routine. GOOD LUCK!

old brown shoe

30 year driver
I love post it notes and some days have several stuck to my dash to remind me of different things. But when you get as old as me you need all the help you can get. Just throw them away as you do the thing you have wrote on them and when they are all gone you have nothing to forget.

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
The chain of discipline was followed, 1 verbal, 1 written, 1 day suspension.

For not putting my lunch in the diad.

As far as being micromanaged, if you are a person that ritually remembers to enter this info, then it will never affect you and you will never see this reminder. I happen to be the sort of person that is very visual, i work off of EDD and have trouble remembering things that are not there on my list. (like OCAs) I have tried very hard to develop a habit of putting in the times, and even tried training myself to enter my lunch as soon as I punch in, obviously with no success. Now that I am as far into the disciplinary chain as I amI have no room for a slip up. I went for a month and a half since the last time but forgot yesterday. I am dealing with a new Ctr Mngr. who seems like he's trying to make a serious impression.

Entering your lunch at a time you don't actually take it could lead to other discipline. When you leave the pc to go eat hit the stop complete key in the lunch screen, leave it there, when you get back hit it again then get edd and go.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Dearest ANON

Not any more. I figured after 33 years, that is enough. At least my knees and the company doctor thought so.

Why, does that make a difference with the discussion?

Have a great weekend!

d

feeder53

ADKtrails
The next thing that comes to mind about having it added to the DIAD, GPS tracking.........If you punch it in and continue to drive, or deliver a package....BINGO.....they see that too and more trouble.

LKLND3380

I got suspended once for 2 days. It was suppose to be Wed and Thurs. They called me Tues night at home and asked if it would be ok with me if they changed it to Thurs and Fri because they were short handed. Let me see now - a 4 day weekend vs. a broke up week. That's a brainer:happy2:

You should have played the lottery that week...:smart: