How about a BBQ

rebel

Who likes to BBQ? I have a big green egg, and I love to get together with friends and family and cook out. I like butts, chicken and ribs . Anyone interested in sharing recipes, I love to try new things. A good friend of mine just placed in a competition grilling chicken wings. He uses lemon juice, vinegar and Tony Chacheres. Just mix it together and mop on while grilling. They are wonderful. Looking forward to your comments.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Whats's Tony Chacheres?? I get a kick out of watching that guy grill on "BBQ University". Since I got my HD TV, food programs have become a favorite pastime including Rachel Ray....hamana hamana hamana!

DS

Fenderbender
up here in Ontario theres a company called leadbetter meats,
and they sell these amazing pre marinated steaks that are impossible to ruin.I`ve been told on several occaisions that
they were possibly the best steak our guests had ever eaten.
Best babequed...cowboy steaks they call them...with a dry
red wine its a mouth symphony...add mushrooms onions and potatoes and its a complete musical...76 trombones,110 coronets,etc

Ms Spoken

We have a Holland Smoker Grill that is wonderful. There is no direct flame and I would buy another one tomorrow if something went wrong with the one we have. I will be smoking a pork loin tomorrow that should take up to three hours to cook but, well worth the wait.

DS

Fenderbender
Good idea rebel, but this topic probably belongs in the "Life After Brown" area.
I agree but its becoming quite obvious that people post here in the ups discussians first because they are more likley to get a faster and more varied response to thier topic...
maybe there should be a new option halfway between ups discussions and life after brown...how about "outside ups"?
Do you like the idea?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Whoa rebel !! I can't believe you dissed me for my suggestion that your post should not be under UPS discussions.

I'm stunned. :blush:

rebel

Whoa rebel !! I can't believe you dissed me for my suggestion that your post should not be under UPS discussions.

I'm stunned. :blush:

It is what it is. A lot of the guys in my center like to grill, just thought someone else that works for UPS might also.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Rebel, you have got my attention. Boston butts, (actually the pig shoulder), are the way to go in my part of the world. Cover with a dry rub,(rubbing those butts is a big joke), wrap in foil, and throw them in a smoker all day. Hickory is preferred around here, the flavor soaks in the first 3-4 hours. Use a meat thermometer, when it hits about 180-190 degrees, its done. I spray a little apple juice on it after a while. This is an all day affair, depending on the size of the cut. Sauces are another story. I prefer a apple vinegar base over the sweet molasses type. While you got the smoker going, throw on a whole chicken or sausage to eat for another meal.

Next month my Sunday school class does our annual BBQ as a fundraiser. We use Dale Earnhardt's trailer mounted smoker to smoke 45 butts and feed 500 people. There's four of us who stay up all Saturday night doing this, its a lot of fun. BBQ is serious business down here.:thumbup1:

10thLetter

rebel
It's not worth working if you can't go home and grill something. I love my Weber One-touch but I only use Green Egg harwood oak. Nice pure flavor to the food. You can't buy anything like what you can grill up.