How Are Those Insurance Benefits Working Out For You?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
That would describe the fedex driver that delivers to my house...hadn't walked within 3 feet of a razor or a washing machine in days.
But maybe you're right... $20+ an hour and free benefits for humping cardboard and checking out cute drivers is pretty gross...what was I thinking....is Fedex hiring???

Last edited:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The second the no facial hair policy went out the door, I had my beard growing in!

I sure wish the policy would come back. I loved it when the guys were neat and professional looking. Between the scraggly beards, dreads, tattoos and earrings on guys, they look like a motley crew at my station.

TUT

2018 is going to tell a lot of stories about a lot of companies leveraging lower health care benefits today because of the cadillac tax. The avg health insurance plan is worth around 16k, from reading here it seems Fedex has an average or slightly below average plan. The cadillac tax means the plan has to be worth more than $27,500. I don't see it, UPS's could be approaching, but a plan with a monthly cost and a deductible, seems like it will fall well under. Fedex is far from the only company preaching this, I want to see what happens when it gets out, when it is exposed that these cuts were never needed. Probably like anything else "oh well" and no reprieve, that is why you don't want new laws like this, it gives business to make a change in their favor and point blame at something we can't clearly understand.

MAKAVELI

2018 is going to tell a lot of stories about a lot of companies leveraging lower health care benefits today because of the cadillac tax. The avg health insurance plan is worth around 16k, from reading here it seems Fedex has an average or slightly below average plan. The cadillac tax means the plan has to be worth more than $27,500. I don't see it, UPS's could be approaching, but a plan with a monthly cost and a deductible, seems like it will fall well under. Fedex is far from the only company preaching this, I want to see what happens when it gets out, when it is exposed that these cuts were never needed. Probably like anything else "oh well" and no reprieve, that is why you don't want new laws like this, it gives business to make a change in their favor and point blame at something we can't clearly understand.
Oh it's clearly understood by myself and my coworkers. We new FedEx was feeding us bs and screwing us to squeeze more profit from its employees. The backlash right now is high turnover all across the country. This is why they had to give some stations a 15% bump in wages to keep them through peak. I'm guessing it will get only worse as time goes by.

dezguy

I sure wish the policy would come back. I loved it when the guys were neat and professional looking. Between the scraggly beards, dreads, tattoos and earrings on guys, they look like a motley crew at my station.
Mine wasn't scraggly, I kept it neat. I got quite a few compliments on it and even had a quite fetching lass ask if she could pet my face, to which I obliged. Unfortunately, my wife doesn't like me with a beard so I shaved it off. Now I only grow it for hockey playoffs.

TUT

Oh it's clearly understood by myself and my coworkers.

It's not understood at a level (person/publication) where it needs to be. You also do not know the average cost of your company, not your fault you can't from your position. But when plans are well south of 20K when the 2018 hits, there maybe some news agencies that pick up on this. Maybe.

MassWineGuy

I compared the two levels of health care plans available to us and the Blue Cross/Shield plan my wife has through the small business she works at is better as far as out of pocket expenses. The annual family deductable is still high, but her employer will pay half of it, so it's reasonable.

The dentist I've had for many years doesn't participate in CIGNA's dental plan, so that's out. I might take only the vision coverage so I can get a nice pair of presecription sunglasses.

whenIgetthere

I compared the two levels of health care plans available to us and the Blue Cross/Shield plan my wife has through the small business she works at is better as far as out of pocket expenses. The annual family deductable is still high, but her employer will pay half of it, so it's reasonable.

The dentist I've had for many years doesn't participate in CIGNA's dental plan, so that's out. I might take only the vision coverage so I can get a nice pair of presecription sunglasses.

My eye doctor told me the cheaters I could buy at Wal-Mart are better than any prescription glasses the FedEx plan will pay for!