How Are Those Insurance Benefits Working Out For You?

bbsam

Staff member
If you have Like 10 routes like you then yeah you probably are making a pretty good buck. Hey I'm making over 100 grand a year not including my $40,000 a year benefits package.
We had a guy sell his routes for 3/4 million dollars. How's that for a benefits package?

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
I can't get my hubby OFF my insurance. Crap site won't let me cancel him (where the hell is the REMOVE button). He has CIGNA with his new job and I can't believe the difference. But then again, they are UNION (go figure).

Bottom line: exercise, eat decent and hope you never get sick or injured.

MAKAVELI

I can't get my hubby OFF my insurance. Crap site won't let me cancel him (where the hell is the REMOVE button). He has CIGNA with his new job and I can't believe the difference. But then again, they are UNION (go figure).

Bottom line: exercise, eat decent and hope you never get sick or injured.
It's open enrollment, you can change your plan through the fedexehr.com website.

We had a guy sell his routes for 3/4 million dollars. How's that for a benefits package?
What's the ratio for the average fed ex driver? Are they all selling their route for $775,000?
The guy that delivered in my area had two routes. He sold them both for just over $50,000.

How's your family time? Sounds like you are putting in a lot of OT.
I would ways like to have more family time. But the 7 weeks off a year is kinda nice. I have weekends and I do the best I can. My wife is able to be a stay at home mother. It's 100% better than the life I had growing up. To me I've righted a wrong that was done to me. This is worth it for me. I am eternally thankful to the teamsters for negotiating this life for me and ups paying for it. It this enough info for you?

bbsam

Staff member
What's the ratio for the average fed ex driver? Are they all selling their route for $775,000?
The guy that delivered in my area had two routes. He sold them both for just over $50,000.
He had 10. It's a relatively new phenomena. If you'd asked me 3 months ago, I'd have saI'd they're worth dirt. But we are finding a market in the financial markets, fund managers and others viewing the routes as investments. What's more is the company seems to be pushing that viewpoint. Makes sense. Make 7% on the money rather than 3 in equally stable stocks. Plus an investor like that puts more money back in the company. Small owners making a living look for 12 to 15% of gross. Investors happy with 7%? Yeah, the company wins at every angle.

He had 10. It's a relatively new phenomena. If you'd asked me 3 months ago, I'd have saI'd they're worth dirt. But we are finding a market in the financial markets, fund managers and others viewing the routes as investments. What's more is the company seems to be pushing that viewpoint. Makes sense. Make 7% on the money rather than 3 in equally stable stocks. Plus an investor like that puts more money back in the company. Small owners making a living look for 12 to 15% of gross. Investors happy with 7%? Yeah, the company wins at every angle.
Interesting. How much do you pay your guys to run your routes.

STFXG

I would ways like to have more family time. But the 7 weeks off a year is kinda nice. I have weekends and I do the best I can. My wife is able to be a stay at home mother. It's 100% better than the life I had growing up. To me I've righted a wrong that was done to me. This is worth it for me. I am eternally thankful to the teamsters for negotiating this life for me and ups paying for it. It this enough info for you?
I apologize if it sounded like I was being a dick with that question. Just trying to make my point that the UPS lifestyle isn't for me. I did the 60-70 hour weeks when I got started (10 years ago). It's not an easy lifestyle. I admire you guys that have made it a career and been able to keep some kind of a personal/family life. I was miserable. NOT for me :)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I apologize if it sounded like I was being a dick with that question. Just trying to make my point that the UPS lifestyle isn't for me. I did the 60-70 hour weeks when I got started (10 years ago). It's not an easy lifestyle. I admire you guys that have made it a career and been able to keep some kind of a personal/family life. I was miserable. NOT for me :)

OK, so now you sit on your ass and have your drivers do all the hard work at $10 per hour or so. Is your name Mitt?

STFXG

OK, so now you sit on your ass and have your drivers do all the hard work at $10 per hour or so. Is your name Mitt?
My drivers rarely break 8 hours per day. That puts their pay at a minimum of $16 per hour. Their trucks are also fully loaded with every comfort and entertainment option.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
My drivers rarely break 8 hours per day. That puts their pay at a minimum of $16 per hour. Their trucks are also fully loaded with every comfort and entertainment option.

And zero benefits. Wow, I'd give-up insurance for AC and a stereo any day. Maybe your name is Herman.

It will be fine

How does that work? Did the seller stay on to run the business? No financial guys are getting their hands dirty. Why bother selling if you still have to show up everyday for less pay?

bbsam

Staff member
How does that work? Did the seller stay on to run the business? No financial guys are getting their hands dirty. Why bother selling if you still have to show up everyday for less pay?
Some guys stay on to run the day to day operations. Some retire and walk away. One is planning on selling and taking the profit to buy another business.