How Bad Will Peak Be?

Realistically, How Bad Will Peak Be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guitarman01

And Response is not going to be suspended because that would re-route three million pieces a day back to Memphis.
This.
Did you hear this from somewhere or are these your thoughts?
Anyone else hear anything yet on how response is going to be handled for peak?
I ask because initially my manager said there was no way we were going to run response during peak,
but today he brought it up again and kind of changed his tune abit like hes not sure, it depends on upper management and he hasnt heard anything yet.

MAKAVELI

This.
I ask because initially my manager said there was no way we were going to run response during peak,
but today he brought it up again and kind of changed his tune abit like hes not sure, it depends on upper management and he hasnt heard anything yet.
Haven't heard what they'll do with response but 4Z is coming back to us and commit times will be adjusted. Lol

MAKAVELI

What’s the word on 1 November Express is doing away with 10:30 commits, changing all P1 to noon?
Not all but most PO shipments with exceptions will have some additional time. Resi PO was already changed to 1200 a while ago along with SO business. No specifics given but it seems like Raj and little Dickey have thrown in the towel.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Not all but most PO shipments with exceptions will have some additional time. Resi PO was already changed to 1200 a while ago along with SO business. No specifics given but it seems like Raj and little Dickey have thrown in the towel.
We were told money back guarantee gone on everything and 90 minutes additional time for FO shipments.
Everything else is out the window .

MassWineGuy

This.

Hmm. I thought I’d addressed this earlier. All the managers and senior managers in my district attended a meeting/cruise type of thing a few months back. They were told three million. Unless it’s a lie, I’m going with it.

Of course, a lie isn’t out of the question.

Last edited:

McFeely

Huge Member

Last I heard about it at my station is that we plan on rolling Response freight each afternoon. It will go on road the following morning.

I don’t know what other stations are doing, but we are simply too short handed to run two waves.

falcon back

Hmm. I thought I’d addressed this earlier. All the managers and senior managers in my district attended a meeting/cruise type of thing a few months back. They were told three million. Unless it’s a lie, I’m going with it.

Of course, a lie isn’t out of the question.
Don't stress, whatever you do.

MassWineGuy

Last I heard about it at my station is that we plan on rolling Response freight each afternoon. It will go on road the following morning.

I don’t know what other stations are doing, but we are simply too short handed to run two waves.

So the morning shift will have that plus their own to deliver? Good luck with that.

McFeely

Huge Member
So the morning shift will have that plus their own to deliver? Good luck with that.
Yes. We do it most days already. 150 stops during peak is the norm, it won’t kill us. I’d much rather have all my stops for the day when I leave the station vs. getting more crap at 1600 when I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.