How did you meet your spouse or signficant other

wornoutupser

I met mine after another career before this one.

I quit and went back to college. I saw her there and went wild but didnt ask her out then.
God had other plans-she blew a radiator hose one morning and parked next to me. I have been fixing her car since 1983!

Fredless

APWA Hater
Sat next to me in "World Perspectives" class at college...wouldn't stop talking to me. Got it through my head she might actually like me.

B

Blue Bell

Met mine 11 years ago at a nightclub through mutual friends, she is breath taking. Asked her out and she said she just got out a bad relationship of 4 years. We became good friends and I asked her out every weekend when we were out clubbing. She always just laughed at me, anyway after a year and 1/2 she called me up and asked me out. I asked her if she was bored or did she really want go out with me and she just said...yah. We married in 98 and wouldn't trade it for anything!!!

satellitedriver

I saw her eyes and smile and my life was changed.
I was trying to get my life straight. 3 years of running wild and the death of a dear friend (suicide). I went back to college, shaved my beard and cut my hair, but walking thru a haze. For no good reason, one of the courses I took was a ROTC target shooting course. I was walking up the stairs after class and saw the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. She smiled as we passed. That was on Monday April 21.
I have never been shy, but I was dumbstruck.
April 23 walking up the same stairs, there she was again. She smiled again!
I just smiled and kept walking, afraid to even approach her.
Finally,
on April 25 ,1975,
I skipped class, bought a campus newspaper and sat at the bottom of the stairs and pretended to be reading when she came down.
I introduced myself and tried small talk. I asked for her phone number and she already had it written on a piece of paper. She said, " I was hoping you would ask".
She has been the only woman in my life from that day.
She is my life, my love and my everything.

rod

Retired 22 years
Met mine through a mutual friend. I was working part time at UPS and wanted to go full time but at that time (1971) you had to be at least 21, have the service over with and be married to get a full time job. 2 other married part timers were hired before me so I complained to the hiring dude and he said "get married and you can go full time." Got married on a saturday and was hired full time on the following tuesday. That was 36 years ago. The job lasted 30 years - I'm not ready to retire from the wife yet.

satellitedriver

Met mine through a mutual friend. I was working part time at UPS and wanted to go full time but at that time (1971) you had to be at least 21, have the service over with and be married to get a full time job. 2 other married part timers were hired before me so I complained to the hiring dude and he said "get married and you can go full time." Got married on a saturday and was hired full time on the following tuesday. That was 36 years ago. The job lasted 30 years - I'm not ready to retire from the wife yet.
They really required you to be married to go fulltime?
Just think of the whining you would hear these days, if that was a job requirement.

rod

Retired 22 years
They really required you to be married to go fulltime?
Just think of the whining you would hear these days, if that was a job requirement.
I don't know if it was a nation wide company policy. All I know is what they told me when I wanted to go full time at my center. Back then a person would walk through fire barefoot to land a full time job at UPS. To this day my wife tells people I only married her to get the job.:laugh:

LeddySS98

Met mine in San Diego while I was in the Marines... About 9 months after being married I went to Iraq for 6 months... we kept in contact the whole time I was over there... I came home expecting a hug and a kiss... instead I got a restraining order, a empty bank account, and divorce papers:crying:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
1975' First date was to see Pink Floyd during the "Wish You Were Here" tour and been together every since.

wkmac, If this was the concert in Atlanta, I was there too. I don't remember much of it, but I was there!

When I was 22, I had move out on my own and was renting a house with a three of my friends. One day, this long legged, brown-eyed brunette came by to visit one of my friends. She caught my eye, those types have a way of doing that to me. A couple of nights later, she called the house wanting to speak to her friend, and I answered the phone. I asked her out, but she thought I was just kidding. We went out that Friday night, it was an early night, I was working the Midnight Sort at the time. We got married three years later in 1983, still together.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Met mine in San Diego while I was in the Marines... About 9 months after being married I went to Iraq for 6 months... we kept in contact the whole time I was over there... I came home expecting a hug and a kiss... instead I got a restraining order, a empty bank account, and divorce papers:crying:

Now that just sucks.
Please dont think all women are like that. Somewhere there is someone waiting for a big strong tough guy, who met a bozo, and got burnt. She will lick your wounds, and make you happy the wench filed for divorce. Then you will know why it happened.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
First saw her at a bowling center when she was a 14 year old cute little blond. Dated on and off until she got out of high school. Now she's a 43 year old cute little blond. 23 years this June. BM

B

brown and down

Thought this post may be fun. Many of us count on our spouses or significant others to support us at our jobs.

I'll go first.

I was OJS'ing a driver and spotted a good looking guy signing for the packages. I ran into him outside of UPS, and have been married to him for 25 years. So, if I didn't work for UPS, I may never had met him.

I met mine during a lapse in judgement.....

spitt2000

I met my wife at a college party at the "quarters" table. She never missed and was kicking my butt! That was 16 years ago, and we still laugh when asked how we met...

eyewannaracethetruck

Driving soon...I hope!
The same girl had cut my hair for about 5 years. One day I went to get a haircut, only to find the salon that she worked at had went out of business. I walked around the corner to another salon to ask if anyone there knew where Betty Jo had went to work after the old salon closed. There was only one girl working when I went in. She said that she didn't know where Betty Jo had went. I asked her, "Well, can you cut my hair then?"

While i was sitting in her chair, I couldn't help but notice her red hair and fair complexion(red heads have always driven me nuts). She was standing behind me(I was facing the mirror)cutting the front of my hair. Since she is pretty short(5' 4"), it was sort of a reach for her, and her Ta-Ta's were hitting me in the back of my head(unintentional I'm sure). Although I didn't say anything to her about the "Ta-Ta incident" I decided then that she was going to cut my hair from now on.

The next time I went for a hair cut I mentioned that I was on my way to pick up my paycheck. She asked me if I was going to let her help me spend it. I replied, "Only if you'll let me buy you dinner with it." She agreed to have dinner with me. Although I picked a lousy place to eat on that first date, she has been the only one to cut my hair for the last 12 years. I asked her to marry me on Christmas Day, 1994(2 months after the first date). We were married Nov 17, 1995. To this day, I tell people that I married her because she put her Ta-ta's on my head!:tongue_sm