How do you fuel your vehicles?

HomeDelivery

I wasn't stupid since I've seen it done to a contractor's fleet of 6 trucks from another gas station (they ran the same scam on his fuel receipts) before I came on to FedEx as a temp driver

fine dannyboy, i already told them once & yet they say still go there... they thought it was a human error on the attendant's part so they said just go next time and tell them if they do the same trick.

when i came back the 2nd time along with another temp driver that got burned the same way, they finally got it & stopped business with that station.
---------------------

as long as they stopped going to that station, that's the main thing.

probably they didn't care previously since they passed all the operating costs to the company.

the main point: check those receipts and deny those charges if it's incorrect.

stay SAFE out on the roads.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Funny, I cant count the times when my drivers come in and say they need to leave now to refuel at our docks. Wish my building was more productive like others.

HomeDelivery

thanks for the replies; with UPS as huge as it is, I thought most of you would have an in-house station

I do see some trucks with the fuel card filling at a local station in my area

it sure does make it more convenient & productive to have one!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Convenient, maybe. Productive? How. As long as you fuel every night on the way back, why would it matter. Its when 15 FDX home delivery drivers hit the same station as FDX ground and express drivers in the morning, all trying to fill up before getting on the road that the real humor starts.

Talk about productive........

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Convenient, maybe. Productive? How. As long as you fuel every night on the way back, why would it matter. Its when 15 FDX home delivery drivers hit the same station as FDX ground and express drivers in the morning, all trying to fill up before getting on the road that the real humor starts.

Talk about productive........

nah, its car washes duties to do so here. To push the button, let the water fall ( no scrubing, no soap etc etc ), fill the car up with gas and park it to be moved to its loading postion later. Trust me, the work here is going to last until 4:00pm for buisness, then pick ups start. Seems UPS likes to pay overtime to drivers instead of getting everyone off at 4 instead going with more routes.

Theres more to small town/ city working relationship vs. a HUB that has more then 10 different special obligations to deal with on a daily basis. Some drivers here are getting off at 10pm everynight because of the demand here. In a way, theres no understanding here in the aspect of getting back in and getting home.