How do you guys handle helping others with stops/vice versa?

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
The person helping will always take the board and choose what they want if they know the area. If not always give them less then half, also make sure you choose stops that are in the same area. Don't be the driver that gives stops that are way spread out. I had a guy chew me out for not coming sooner because I was finishing my work first, he is lucky I didn't shut the back door on his face and leave him.

wayfair

swollen member
The person helping will always take the board and choose what they want if they know the area. If not always give them less then half, also make sure you choose stops that are in the same area. Don't be the driver that gives stops that are way spread out. I had a guy chew me out for not coming sooner because I was finishing my work first, he is lucky I didn't shut the back door on his face and leave him.

I had a guy do that to me one time when I was sent to help him get under 9.5.

he tried giving 11 stops in a tight area... I told him it took more time to call the office and set up a fuking meet point, that he could have done those.... he shut the door on me... lol... POS

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Hey all,

Curious how everyone goes about helping others or being helped during their day. Normally, if I ever get help, I'll give whoever is helping me the easy stuff or things that come off quick. If they know the route, I always give them the board and let them choose what to take.

The other day I had to help someone and instead of me getting the gravy stuff to bust out 30-40 stops pretty quick, I got 20 stops of irregs and overweights, apartments, and town houses. Not that I'm bitching because a stop is a stop, but I don't think the 20 I did greatly improved the other guy's day whereas taking more stops would've been better for him. Your thoughts?
First off, if you're sent to help, your not helping me, you're helping the Company, because I didn't ask for any "help".

When I am instructed to meet another driver (via the DIAD only) to give them stops, I always insist that management direct me how many stops to give the other driver meeting me.
Then it's a buffet style give away, take what you want.
If you won't take as many stops as management told me to give you, that's good with me and subsequently on you.

This game of "PM dispatching" is a concerted effort to coerce, harrass, and pit drivers against one another.

One of the senior drivers in my building is apt to say to management; "that is your truck, your uniform, your packages, and your customers....I'm just here to make money".

I didn't always understand what he was saying, but now it makes perfect sense.
Hopefully one day you will see the wisdom in it too???

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
First off, if you're sent to help, your not helping me, you're helping the Company, because I didn't ask for any "help".

When I am instructed to meet another driver (via the DIAD only) to give them stops, I always insist that management direct me how many stops to give the other driver meeting me.
Then it's a buffet style give away, take what you want.
If you won't take as many stops as management told me to give you, that's good with me and subsequently on you.

This game of "PM dispatching" is a concerted effort to coerce, harrass, and pit drivers against one another.

One of the senior drivers in my building is apt to say to management; "that is your truck, your uniform, your packages, and your customers....I'm just here to make money".

I didn't always understand what he was saying, but now it makes perfect sense.
Hopefully one day you will see the wisdom in it too???
Personally for me I never get angry with a fellow driver for having to help them when directed. I always come back in and make sure to hand the sup my 3 8hr requests to make sure they know two can play that game.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Before ORION we would routinely help other drivers in the loop with stops, but With ORION you have to pull some serious hell to get any help with anything but someone grabbingyour pieces (which only helps management not us) management does not want to be on the pm dispatch report cause god forbid corporate sees how bad they are a dispatching

The Driver

I drive.
I do my own work. Unless I'm feeling sick or hurt or otherwise bad I can get it done unless management sets me up to fail. If I need help I give them what they either want to take or what management wants me to give them.

If I have to help I go as methodical and careful as I can. Can't take too many chances out there!

livin the dream

you can always tell who doesn't understand the game by how irritated they are when sent to help. I'm not even eligible for 9.5 and I RARELY get sent to help. I especially love when guys seem mad about covering my 8 hr.

PACNW

Before PAS I was in a pretty good loop where about 5 of us would check in with each other before heading back to the barn. Nobody every accepted the help unless their preloader really blew the stop count. We never relied on the office, we just took care of each other. It only worked because nobody abused it. With PAS and accurate stop counts, I never hear of anyone having to help another driver these days.