How do you guys handle helping others with stops/vice versa?

F

Frankie's Friend

That's noble, truly, but exactly what the Company is banking on.

Outside of Peak or extenuating circumstances, I have abandoned this mindset.

They will take as much as you're willing to give.
If the company loads me up im willing to pay it forward. Its better to give than receve.

livin the dream

I've seen loops where the same one route isalmost always over dispatched. yes I can call and help him most days but it shouldn't be my responsibility to fix his dispatch. usually management doesn't even notice as long as nothing goes wrong, so nothing changes the next day.

AlliSeeisBrown

You couldn't hack it as a Driver so now you are part time.....tells us everything we need to know
It sounds like you already know everything!
I actually got a career in the field of my degree. It pays slightly under top pay with better benefits.
I use UPS to work out in the evening.
What else can I inform you of that you already know?

Dhydratd

First off, if you're sent to help, your not helping me, you're helping the Company, because I didn't ask for any "help".

This!!^^^
I love it when the guys who are sent to help me start complaining and then state that they "haven't even had lunch yet"! I just continue to load them down and then just before leaving I kindly inform them that if they had actually taken their lunch then they wouldn't be out there having to help me.
It's amazing just how clueless some of these guys are.

AlliSeeisBrown

Then why are you on this forum?
What is better than 100% company paid benefits?
I still do work at UPS, and I am still a member of the union, I still care about working here despite it not being my main job, and I like to stay aware of current events/issues and this forum is resourceful and funny af.
90% company paid benefits, 6 weeks paternal leave if needed, 6 weeks vacation and 1 week sick time w/ rollover, full pension, 5% 401k match. That's the main stuff. I do plan on taking advantage of TeamCare when available because it is 100% and my company will send me $500 for waiving their healthcare plan.

To keep my post on topic, I never minded helping others, the extra $ was great, but I didn't especially favor getting taking advantage of by fellow union brothers.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
To keep my post on topic, I never minded helping others, the extra $ was great, but I didn't especially favor getting taking advantage of by fellow union brothers.
But somehow you don't mind helping the Company take advantage of your fellow Union brothers by working outside your classification, then poor mouth that you were somehow taken advantage of?

When part-time employees do full-time work, it eliminates opportunities for those looking to advance.

I ain't buying your "I was taken advantage of at twice my hourly rate (or more), for work I am not really even entitled to in the first place" routine.

If you truly want to help your Union brothers, tell the package car steward every time the Company uses you in violation of the contract, so he can grieve for your time.

Last edited:

AlliSeeisBrown

But somehow you don't mind helping the Company take advantage of your fellow Union brothers by working outside your classification, then poor mouth that you were somehow taken advantage of?

I'm not the one taking advantage of them. I'm working as directed.

When part-time employees do full-time work, it eliminates opportunities for those looking to advance.

Ok. I'm not management. I'm doing what I'm told.

I ain't buying your "I was taken advantage of at twice my hourly rate (or more), for work I am not really even entitled to in the first place" routine.

That quote is something I have never said or inferred.

If you truly want to help your Union brothers, tell the package car steward every time the Company uses you in violation of the contract, so he can grieve for your time.

Then he/she can grieve. I'm not a public informant.

I clock in, I work, I clock out, I go home.