How do you guys handle helping others with stops/vice versa?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I had a guy do that to me one time when I was sent to help him get under 9.5.

he tried giving 11 stops in a tight area... I told him it took more time to call the office and set up a fuking meet point, that he could have done those.... he shut the door on me... lol... POS

We had a guy notorious for this. 6 stops on 2 streets 1 mile from the building and he had to lose them though for his 8 hour or 9.5

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We had a guy notorious for this. 6 stops on 2 streets 1 mile from the building and he had to lose them though for his 8 hour or 9.5
"His 8hr request"..... maybe.

.....it's the Company's 9.5 though for sure.

Either way, what's the problem and who's is it really, when you set aside the whole machismo aspect?

Last edited:

Heavy Package

I'll give whoever is helping me the easy stuff or things that come off quick. If they know the route, I always give them the board and let them choose what to take.

Why don't you "help yourself?" When I'm heavy I wait until the other drivers are at the PCM. I stay back and throw my packages in their car and blame preload. Easy as pie.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The problem was he would give you 8 minutes worth of work and come in 1/2 early
Huh???

I don't know you how arrived at that conclusion from this post you quoted:
I had a guy do that to me one time when I was sent to help him get under 9.5.

he tried giving 11 stops in a tight area... I told him it took more time to call the office and set up a fuking meet point, that he could have done those.... he shut the door on me... lol... POS

The problem as I see it, is that the Company wants to tiptoe all the way up to the edge of the cliff in regards to dispatching 8hr requests or 9.5 violations, instead of erring on the side of caution....

....then expect the driver to suck it up, or send some unsuspecting burner to cleanup their poor planning on the back end, so they don't fall off of the cliff.

Why do some drivers, allow themselves to fall into management's trap of pitting us against one another.

I would hope we would be smarter than that?

Last edited:

AlliSeeisBrown

I helped a guy one time and he did the same thing. Gave me all of his hardware and irregs. He was a seasoned driver and right before a shut the door I told him I will never help him again. I told management what he did and they never sent me to help him again. They just had me help every other driver.

livin the dream

I helped a guy one time and he did the same thing. Gave me all of his hardware and irregs. He was a seasoned driver and right before a shut the door I told him I will never help him again. I told management what he did and they never sent me to help him again. They just had me help every other driver.
I try not to give guys irregs and other :censored2:ty stops. but i prioritize giving up the right sections over that

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Good Lord, here we go again???

Why is a part time preloader "helping" package car drivers with deliveries?

Cementups

Box Monkey
I always see what they know first and give them that. I never asked for help and even tried to avoid getting it when they tried to send it. The guy coming to help would always start with "I guess you were crying so they sent me to help you." I'm like, "you got the wrong guy fella. I don't ask for help. they know what they dispatched me with." If it was one of my cover guys I would say, do you want this section or that section, secretly hoping they would pick the one with the big heavy crap. :lol: Then when they would pick I would start laughing and they knew they picked the wrong one. :lol:

Dr.Brownz

The problem as I see it, is that the Company wants to tiptoe all the way up to the edge of the cliff in regards to dispatching 8hr requests or 9.5 violations, instead of erring on the side of caution....

?

Exactly. We have had many grievances over the edge of the cliff issue, but they still try to play games with new guys.

MC0493

I don't get help often, but when i do I try to give someone the easiest stuff possible. I often get sent to help others, sometimes it sucks since you thought you were heading home. We're all supposed to be brothers, let's work together and get it done. You help me, i'll help you. I kind of like peak for that, if you're in a good area everyone checks up on everyone before heading in for the night since we can transfer edd and what not.

F

Frankie's Friend

Yeah dude a few yrs ago we had sime digbat driver who ran like a raped ape and they slwsys sent him to help people. Occasionally i had sbt 60 stops left after 5:30 so when he ca me to help i gave him 40 and he still beat me in. What a testimony to lobotomy experimentation.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I don't get help often, but when i do I try to give someone the easiest stuff possible. I often get sent to help others, sometimes it sucks since you thought you were heading home. We're all supposed to be brothers, let's work together and get it done. You help me, i'll help you. I kind of like peak for that, if you're in a good area everyone checks up on everyone before heading in for the night since we can transfer edd and what not.
That's noble, truly, but exactly what the Company is banking on.

Outside of Peak or extenuating circumstances, I have abandoned this mindset.

They will take as much as you're willing to give.