How does new employee vacation days work?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
If you start working on Feb 3rd, that's your anniversary date. Once you make your seniority, it reverts to that date.

Vacation weeks CAN be split up once you have AT LEAST 3 weeks of eligible vacation to take. You can take them as vacation days.

In UPS' terms for vacation, a week is one weeks worth of shifts. For inside workers and delivery drivers, it's 5 days. For feeder drivers, it's 7 days (technically), but we're still only paid the same amount of hours, which are based off of 5 days.
I do not believe the OP is in the Central. He is referring to personal days and sick days. We do not get sick days in the Central and our personal days are option days.

Splitting up vacation weeks into vacation days is in the Central, but I'm not sure that it is in other supplements.

PT Car Washer

I do not believe the OP is in the Central. He is referring to personal days and sick days. We do not get sick days in the Central and our personal days are option days.

Splitting up vacation weeks into vacation days is in the Central, but I'm not sure that it is in other supplements.
Only FT employees can split up their vacation weeks. PT have to take vacation in one week blocks.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

It's not exclusive to the Central, Guaranteed

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Only FT employees can split up their vacation weeks. PT have to take vacation in one week blocks.
Good point. Although I don't think the OP mentioned whether he was PT or FT. Could be an off the street FT hire. Either way, he doesn't seem to be in the Central so he probably cannot split his vacations even when he does reach the 3 minimum.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It's not exclusive to the Central, Guaranteed
OK. I did see it in the Atlantic Area Supplement. They can split 1 week up if they have at least 4 weeks of vacation. I did not see it in the Western, Southern, Upstate NY, Western PA. I could be wrong but the point was that it was not a National issue. In a lot of areas, you cannot split up vacation weeks.

Not trying to beat your balls, so to speak, but the language you mentioned was only for the Central.

Rawrzxor

If you start working on Feb 3rd, that's your anniversary date. Once you make your seniority, it reverts to that date.

Vacation weeks CAN be split up once you have AT LEAST 3 weeks of eligible vacation to take. You can take them as vacation days.

In UPS' terms for vacation, a week is one weeks worth of shifts. For inside workers and delivery drivers, it's 5 days. For feeder drivers, it's 7 days (technically), but we're still only paid the same amount of hours, which are based off of 5 days.

Alright, thanks for the information. It's really good to know. So, if I understood correctly, I cannot split up my vacation time *until* I've been at UPS for 3 years, or until I attain 3 weeks of vacation time? Meaning that since I've only been at UPS for one year, I must take the full week at one time?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
OK. I did see it in the Atlantic Area Supplement. They can split 1 week up if they have at least 4 weeks of vacation. I did not see it in the Western, Southern, Upstate NY, Western PA. I could be wrong but the point was that it was not a National issue. In a lot of areas, you cannot split up vacation weeks.

Not trying to beat your balls, so to speak, but the language you mentioned was only for the Central.
My supplement you can roll over a week of vacation....but not split it up.

oldngray

nowhere special
In Central the ability to split up a week was only added a few years ago. The only week that can be split is the option week which can be another week of paid vacation, or a weeks pay instead of the time off, or split up the 5 days off. We got the option week instead of paid sick days. It is also the only 50 hour week with other vacations being 45 ours of pay.

Rawrzxor

In Central the ability to split up a week was only added a few years ago. The only week that can be split is the option week which can be another week of paid vacation, or a weeks pay instead of the time off, or split up the 5 days off. We got the option week instead of paid sick days. It is also the only 50 hour week with other vacations being 45 ours of pay.

I'm a loader, though, so I'm not sure if it's the same for me. Probably should have mentioned that. I just checked my paycheck, and it shows I have 20 hours of vacation. ^_^ Unfortunately, as impatient and impulsive and, well, frankly lazy as I am today, I'm eager to take the week--despite leaving my future self open to another week of Hell heat in the Texas summer. My dad mentioned that I might have to give them notice in advance in preparation for taking my vacation. Makes sense.

Anyone know how much notice you have to give them to take your vacation? Or....reviving my false hope, can I just call in and say I'm taking my vacation, now? Only reason I think there's a vague possibility of that is because I'm a replaceable drone loader--despite my 485 pph max--not a driver or sup. Although, I might argue that sups are even more replaceable as drones, but that's for a different discussion. :P

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
No, I posted what is the case under my supplement, which is the Atlantic.

No worries about my ball beating. lol
If they actually are superba
We may be the only 2 supplements. The Central allows up to 2 weeks to be split up. Yours looks like 1 week. The other major supplements don't allow for any.
Never mind. Didn't see how old the thread was before posting.
It was started last year, but a new employee resurrected it because he did not know about SVD. So a legitimate continuation.

specter208

As a helper, my Driver told me about another driver at our center that takes every wednesday off. Not sure how he is able to do this?

F

FrigidAdCorrector

It was started last year, but a new employee resurrected it because he did not know about SVD. So a legitimate continuation.
For sure, not putting the discussion down. My post was just directed more towards unpaid days off. Didn't make much sense to the current conversation.

As a helper, my Driver told me about another driver at our center that takes every wednesday off. Not sure how he is able to do this?
Unpaid days. We have a driver like that. We have enough cover drivers that it can be done no problem.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
If they actually are superba
We may be the only 2 supplements. The Central allows up to 2 weeks to be split up. Yours looks like 1 week. The other major supplements don't allow for any.

Don't know why they got clumped together like this and the first part also cut off

I said that if they were actually superballs, they cannot be hurt.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
You had to pick what weeks your on vacation this year like in last october. Lol you better check what weeks they picked for you