How does new employee vacation days work?

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Does anyone know where I can find the language for splitting a vacation week? I'm a part time Sup and the center manager wants me to find the policy before he'll ok it
You don’t need any days off , you need to train drivers on routes ...you’ve had enough “days off” in the office ordering grub hub
🧔✊

rod

Retired 22 years
The original poster would have 7 years seniority by now. In another 4 or 5 years he may have enough to actually get a summer vacation now. Summer months always booked up fast. :-)

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The original poster would have 7 years seniority by now. In another 4 or 5 years he may have enough to actually get a summer vacation now. Summer months always booked up fast. :-)
Once again showing how long you’ve been away. Most anyone can get a summer week anymore

Brownslave688

How does that happen? Don't they allow only so many off at a time? Oh that's right-it's the new UPS -- can't have anyone getting their feelings hurt.
The biggest thing I’ve noticed is splitting weeks into single days.

You take the top 1/2 of the seniority and they split 2 weeks into single days. That’s a lot of weeks.

Plus it may be a little different other places.

NOVEMBER is about the only month here that fills out fast.

rod

Retired 22 years
The biggest thing I’ve noticed is splitting weeks into single days.

You take the top 1/2 of the seniority and they split 2 weeks into single days. That’s a lot of weeks.

Plus it may be a little different other places.

NOVEMBER is about the only month here that fills out fast.
I didn't realize you can now split up weeks. Damn-- you all do have it easy now. I remember many times having to take a whole week off just because I needed maybe Thursday and Friday for a fishing trip.

Brownslave688

I didn't realize you can now split up weeks. Damn-- you all do have it easy now. I remember many times having to take a whole week off just because I needed maybe Thursday and Friday for a fishing trip.
Yeah it has made Friday and Monday very hard to get off so there’s a trade off.

I split a week one time and hated it. I’ll never do it again. If I need a day I’ll just call in.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I know after a year you get personal days, sick days and a week vacation and all that. I also know they pay you. But I got hired in like early November and I plan to vacation this summer. By that time I will be at the company for like about 7-8 months. If I want to take a week off in the summer for vacation I know it won't be payed for since I won't even be here for a year yet. So how do vacation days work for employees who haven't been with the company for a year yet?

Better go ahead and cancel that vaca