How does new employee vacation days work?

Rawrzxor

You had to pick what weeks your on vacation this year like in last october. Lol you better check what weeks they picked for you

Well, that's lovely. No one told me anything. How exactly do I go about checking that? Well, no matter. I'm fixing to go to work, anyways. I'll ask the full time sup.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Well, that's lovely. No one told me anything. How exactly do I go about checking that? Well, no matter. I'm fixing to go to work, anyways. I'll ask the full time sup.
Doesn't really matter....you're at the bottom of the totem pole...enjoy your March or November week off...lol

watdaflock?

If I want to take a week off in the summer for vacation I know it won't be payed for since I won't even be here for a year yet. So how do vacation days work for employees who haven't been with the company for a year yet?

You answered your own question. It really depends on how many people are already scheduled off that week. You may get lucky and be allowed off but don't count on it.

Talk to your center manager.

Rawrzxor

Turns out, I just had to tell the full time sup. No need to tell them last October. Two weeks notice and then I'll have a long-awaited vacation.

SafeYARDdog

I know after a year you get personal days, sick days and a week vacation and all that. I also know they pay you. But I got hired in like early November and I plan to vacation this summer. By that time I will be at the company for like about 7-8 months. If I want to take a week off in the summer for vacation I know it won't be payed for since I won't even be here for a year yet. So how do vacation days work for employees who haven't been with the company for a year yet?
If you are still in the hub, Take it as you really need to. Call in or not is your choice.
When you go back from vacation, 99% you ll be fine with a warning letter.

With In the first year, you dont have vacation/ option days.

TG43

The gave me a sheet and I picked my vacation the other day. It had to be after my seniority date of course, like May I think. I asked about rolling over vacation into the next year, I guess that isn't allowed.

So it sounds to me like I will never get a vacation between Jan-May??

I wonder how many sick/personal days I get?

SafeYARDdog

The gave me a sheet and I picked my vacation the other day. It had to be after my seniority date of course, like May I think. I asked about rolling over vacation into the next year, I guess that isn't allowed.

So it sounds to me like I will never get a vacation between Jan-May??

I wonder how many sick/personal days I get?
1 year: 1 week vacation and 1 option day.
2 year: 2 weeks vacation and 1 option day.
Ps: Plenty of "illegal" day-offs depend on your business.

Rawrzxor

If you are still in the hub, Take it as you really need to. Call in or not is your choice.
When you go back from vacation, 99% you ll be fine with a warning letter.

With In the first year, you dont have vacation/ option days.

I've recently passed my first year date, and checked my paycheck. I do have 20 hours of vacation, but I don't have any option days. Or is it different for full timers?

My start date was June 30, would I get benefits on this day or 30 days after this date?

That was my confusion, as well. My start date was January 27th, 2014. My vacation days showed up on my check when I first saw on the 9th of February, this past Monday. So, it's just right after you've been there a year. No extra month required. They must count the probation month as part of your year.

Unfortunately, incidentally, my raise did not follow suit. I heard someone tell me they give the yearly raises in August, possibly. Though, that's a bit misleading, since I'll have to work another half year just to get my first year raise. So, the raise doesn't come after you've been there a year. At least, if my paycheck shows anything. Though, perhaps it'll update this next check. Dunno.

1 year: 1 week vacation and 1 option day.
2 year: 2 weeks vacation and 1 option day.
Ps: Plenty of "illegal" day-offs depend on your business.

I thought we get 5 option days? 1 day seems useless. Why would they even bother with one day? And, we have to use those option days as sick days, as well, correct? Yet, as I mentioned, after my first year this past Monday, I have *no* option days shown on my check, but 20 hours of vacation.

LLBrown

Does anyone know where I can find the language for splitting a vacation week? I'm a part time Sup and the center manager wants me to find the policy before he'll ok it

been here 8 years and never referred to a supplement, can you give me more info?
The supplement is the back part of the contract book. Each part of the country has different rules on certain things so there's no way that somebody can give you exact answer.
Where I'm at you cannot break up vacation weeks into days

LLBrown

The supplement is the back part of the contract book. Each part of the country has different rules on certain things so there's no way that somebody can give you exact answer.
Where I'm at you cannot break up vacation weeks into days
got ya, since I'm in management, I'm not sure the center manager will accept that. But thanks for the info