How long did it take you to become a driver.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Whatever you do don't go back to work early if its not ready, if its not ready and stable you could blow out the acl or mcl and if you favor it with a little limp, and it will make the rest of your body hurt because your compensating for the lack of strength in the knee. If it were me and I had the idea I wanted to be back by thanksgiving, I would have gone out mid august or 1st week of September at latest just to be on the safe side. That would bring it out to 12 weeks which is normally a pretty safe bet with meniscus surgery.
Well don't you have all the answers, Wake n Bake? My surgeon was booked thru till January....I got in in October only because of a cancellation.

7 years pt at 26 (5 years as pt sup) was told I had to do 2 years as as pt sup, 3 years max. At the time, pt sups got to go "driving on merit" I was the worst sup ever.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Everybody heals differently. Took me 8 weeks with a pulminary embolism in the middle.
Wow...thats crazy...glad you're okay.

Agreed...everyone heals differently but I CANNOT be out for more than 7 weeks max. If there's a chance I'll have to be out longer...I'll put off the surgery till January or February.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Wow...thats crazy...glad you're okay.

Agreed...everyone heals differently but I CANNOT be out for more than 7 weeks max. If there's a chance I'll have to be out longer...I'll put off the surgery till January or February.

You should be up and walking the day of your surgery and back to work in a month. I had my knee scoped out over twenty years ago and was back to work in four weeks after surgery.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Well don't you have all the answers, Wake n Bake? My surgeon was booked thru till January....I got in in October only because of a cancellation.
Yeah surgeons are always busy especially orthopedic ones. Usually like you said if their super busy they have to schedule it out a few months. We have a top notch hip doctor and hes booked up for like a year. Crazy I know.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You should be up and walking the day of your surgery and back to work in a month. I had my knee scoped out over twenty years ago and was back to work in four weeks after surgery.
Thanks Joe, I was getting a little worried that I maybe picked the wrong month to get my knee fixed.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We had a driver out almost 6 months. 4 because of knee pain. 2+ more after a scope. He's a pusillanimous.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I felt good 8 weeks after my surgery but not good enough to feel like going back to work. I knew my body and knew how it should feel. I pushed it a little hard toward the 8 weeks to basically do a trial n error test with it just to make sure it was 100 percent, needless to say I wasn't. Just because that person may be a loader doesn't mean their not working their balls off in a very similar fashion and motion as a driver. That's why its smart to take the maximum amount of time off for it to heal correctly an get the full strength and mobility back in it. When I had mine done the back part of my kneecap had a crack in it also so they had to shave that down a lil bit. That could explain the 12 weeks also. If it were me id wait til after peak to get it done so you don't have to rush back to work or really hurt yourself by coming back to soon. Better to go into a gunfight with a gun than without one feel me lol.

I felt good 8 weeks after my surgery but not good enough to feel like going back to work. I knew my body and knew how it should feel. I pushed it a little hard toward the 8 weeks to basically do a trial n error test with it just to make sure it was 100 percent, needless to say I wasn't. Just because that person may be a loader doesn't mean their not working their balls off in a very similar fashion and motion as a driver. That's why its smart to take the maximum amount of time off for it to heal correctly an get the full strength and mobility back in it. When I had mine done the back part of my kneecap had a crack in it also so they had to shave that down a lil bit. That could explain the 12 weeks also. If it were me id wait til after peak to get it done so you don't have to rush back to work or really hurt yourself by coming back to soon. Better to go into a gunfight with a gun than without one feel me lol.
Slacker!
LMFAO

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I hear ya....I don't know if I can last through peak the way my knee is some days...oh well...I'll see what happens...dont have to decide right now.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Slacker!
LMFAO
Moderation is the key homeboy when you get older, don't get nowhere playing macho man on this job making stupid decisions without doing the complete 100 percent homework. Everything you do in life you should have a plan or strategy, I don't care if your taking a dump or making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, you have some type of plan as to how your going to do it. Call it over analyzing or what you want, I call it preparing like a sumbitch for every scenario that could play out good or bad. You have to take that approach as you get older, I don't wanna be old as dirt stuck behind the 8 ball because I made stupid decisions when I was younger because I was too lazy to take the extra time or make the extra effort to do make sure I was evaluating all my options and make the right decision, THATZ WHAT IT IS G MAN lol.:winks:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Moderation is the key homeboy when you get older, don't get nowhere playing macho man on this job making stupid decisions without doing the complete 100 percent homework. Everything you do in life you should have a plan or strategy, I don't care if your taking a dump or making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, you have some type of plan as to how your going to do it. Call it over analyzing or what you want, I call it preparing like a sumbitch for every scenario that could play out good or bad. You have to take that approach as you get older, I don't wanna be old as dirt stuck behind the 8 ball because I made stupid decisions when I was younger because I was too lazy to take the extra time or make the extra effort to do make sure I was evaluating all my options and make the right decision, THATZ WHAT IT IS G MAN lol.:winks:
Oww my :censored2: hurts....You better soak it in the hot tub:bigsmile2: