How Many 22.4s Are ACTUALLY “Combination” In Your Center? *On Topic Only*

Overpaid Union Thug

We've had 22.4s for 10 months in my center. To my knowledge not a single one has ever worked inside in the building.
That’s what I was wondering and expecting. The company is obviously exploiting them to the fullest. And the people that bitch the most probably didn’t even vote on the last contract. It will be interesting when management starts telling RPCDs they are “instructed” to report on Saturdays.

Whither

Scofflaw
That’s what I was wondering and expecting. The company is obviously exploiting them to the fullest. And the people that bitch the most probably didn’t even vote on the last contract. It will be interesting when management starts telling RPCDs they are “instructed” to report on Saturdays.

That's already been happening here. Not too many M-friend drivers showed up. I think the company will happily work us into the ground as long enough of us put up with it. Summer hasn't begun, but it's been hot and muggy in the Midwest for the last 3 weeks. 55-60 hrs a week thru summer isn't gonna cut it. Something's gotta give.

That's already been happening here. Not too many M-friend drivers showed up. I think the company will happily work us into the ground as long enough of us put up with it. Summer hasn't begun, but it's been hot and muggy in the Midwest for the last 3 weeks. 55-60 hrs a week thru summer isn't gonna cut it. Something's gotta give.
70 hours for everyone!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
exactly why everyone called for language like “if a 22.4 works over 5 hours on the road they’ll be paid full driver rate for the entire day”

35years

Gravy route
This past peak we were getting over 60 hrs before we hit 8 hours on Friday.

So I would be paid Double Time before I got my 40 hours of straight time.
😊

Tons of call ins every Saturday now since they have been forcing M-friend drivers every Saturday since April.

Est.1998

70 hours in pkg is brutal no matter what pace you go. On the other hand, having helpers would make it tolerable, but 70 hours will burn them out quicker than a box of matches.

35years

Gravy route
Can you explain this to me?
Double time kicks in at 60 hours. After working 7 hrs at straight time Friday I had 60 hrs in for the week. So my paycheck read 39 hrs at straight time, time and 1/2 for overtime put in M-Thur, and double time for all hours after the 7 hours put in Friday.

35years

Gravy route
Moral of yhe story is if you are on 70 hr rule, work 14 a days early in the week to make more double time with the same amount of hrs worked....Also makes for a short Friday and no Saturday work.

If you are in an area that pays double time automaticly on Saturday it is a different calculation for max pay for 70 hrs

Last edited:

542thruNthru

Double time kicks in at 60 hours. After working 7 hrs at straight time Friday I had 60 hrs in for the week. So my paycheck read 39 hrs at straight time, time and 1/2 for overtime put in M-Thur, and double time for all hours after the 7 hours put in Friday.

Ah! I got what you're saying now.