How Many 22.4s Are ACTUALLY “Combination” In Your Center? *On Topic Only*

Overpaid Union Thug

The question is how many people in centers with 22.4s have them as combination employees? Or driving only or bumping them back inside completely when not on road?

My center is starting Tuesday-Saturday routes in the near future. Will be volunteers from current RPCDs first and supplemented by forced employees. I don’t know when actual 22.4s will be hired but management is saying they will be driving only or double shifting only. Never combinations of the two. So, why are they called combination drivers? RPCDs can already double inside if laid off but we aren’t called combination employees. LOL.

542thruNthru

The question is how many people in centers with 22.4s have them as combination employees? Or driving only or bumping them back inside completely when not on road?

My center is starting Tuesday-Saturday routes in the near future. Will be volunteers from current RPCDs first and supplemented by forced employees. I don’t know when actual 22.4s will be hired but management is saying they will be driving only or double shifting only. Never combinations of the two. So, why are they called combination drivers? RPCDs can already double inside if laid off but we aren’t called combination employees. LOL.

All of our 22.4s in the southwest package rider drive only.

So your center is making T-S routes. This seems like BS. We have no routes that are T-S. I wonder if they are allowed to make them.

Yolo

Our 22.4s were loading Tuesday thru friday and driving Saturdays a few months ago. Now they are driving Monday thru Saturday.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
None.

Whomever created the title was probably trying to show off in the meeting using a bunch of words they didn't know the true meaning of.

542thruNthru

Apparently they are allowed. It’s supposed to be in prep for hiring 22.4s.

And your local is just going to ignore this language?
Screenshot_20200615-203637_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Sounds more like a way to cut RPCD bid routes and your local shouldn't be allowing a "prep" in my opinion.

Overpaid Union Thug

When they make these T-S routes.. what are they going to do when M-friend RPCD routes are cut and they constantly follow 50% of their work?
One of the reasons I bid my current route (100% commercial) was in preparation for 22.4s. My route won’t be cut on Mondays or any other day because of them. They (unlike regular Tuesday-Saturday drivers like many of the hubs already had) will supposedly only be delivering resi stops and will bleed certain commercial pickups on Saturdays.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Unsure. We just had a 22.4 list posted for hiring on the 11th. First time we will have 22.4’s in our center. T-s or w-sun is what our list says. Not a lot of names on it.

PT Car Washer

One of the reasons I bid my current route (100% commercial) was in preparation for 22.4s. My route won’t be cut on Mondays or any other day because of them. They (unlike regular Tuesday-Saturday drivers like many of the hubs already had) will supposedly only be delivering resi stops and will bleed certain commercial pickups on Saturdays.
ike many of the hubs already had) will supposedly only be delivering resi stops and will bleed certain commercial pickups on Saturdays.
What does this mean? "bleed certain commercial pick ups on Saturday".

542thruNthru

We don’t have regular Tuesday-Saturday drivers. We are essentially skipping that and going straight for 22.4s. We’ll have regular drivers work saturdays temporarily until 22.4s are hired.

I got that but they shouldn't be allowed to make or force any RPCD M-friend a T-S per the language. I guess it is what it is but sounds like a bad deal.

35years

Gravy route
Is it, or is it not more than 18 months since ratification?

After 18 months the rules change even if UPS dosn't want it

PT Car Washer

I think he means prelim them on Sat so they are lighter on Monday.
We have like a dozen package cars filled with pick ups from Saturday that have to be processed on Sunday nights by a skeleton crew because they switched the Midnight sort and preload to a Monday night through Friday night schedule.

Overpaid Union Thug

I got that but they shouldn't be allowed to make or force any RPCD M-friend a T-S per the language. I guess it is what it is but sounds like a bad deal.

I won’t be working saturdays unless I choose to. Can’t speak for others though.
What does this mean? "bleed certain commercial pick ups on Saturday".

Someone makes the pickups so that there isn’t so much on Mondays. Will help mall routes and certain other commercial routes ALLOT. We get three days (more if they are processed Friday nights after we’ve already made the pickup) of pickup volume right now. At places that work through the weekends.