How Many 22.4s Are ACTUALLY “Combination” In Your Center? *On Topic Only*

barnyard

KTM rider
In my building, Saturday ground just started. All PT preloaders were told that they are now Tu-Sa and they will be looking for volunteers to work Mondays. We had a sign up list go up for Tu-Sa RPCD. No one signed it, 25 are either being forced or told that they may be forced to help cover vacations. We had 22.4 bids hung and no one signed them, so off the street hires were hired (either 4 or 6, I cannot remember.) They are all working routes, Tu-Sa.

Drivers that volunteer for Monday, work it as a 6th day and there is a supe at our building that goes around taking stops off those drivers to keep them under 60 (grievances have been filed.) Everyone on our 9/5 list has had at least 1 week violation and grievance for those filed. Quite a few have filed for penalty pay.

All that, and we still have drivers coming in 2-4 hours early to work the preload. 1 comes in so early, that he is dispatched with an 8 hr day, 4 days a week.

There is one feeder in my building that is having to work a 6th day every week. The regular guys have been taking it, but I have been told to expect to work a Sunday night start time if they all refuse (our feeders have Mo-Fr starts.) They are all working 60+ hours a week and whoever works Sunday, has to hustle to get finished Saturday morning. One of our guys had a 71.7 hour paycheck (the last 2 hours were spent shifting on the 6th day.) I suspect that my building is getting really close to having to bid a daytime feeder job for CPUs and another night job to bring back incoming volume. If we are 10-15% heavier for peak, we will need another building (we have a hog barn already that is loading 6-8 routes a day, plus volume that is stacked near a door for PVDs.)

I am on vacation, so I am missing the manure show (not really missing it...) Texts from the person covering my route have been interesting.

I have several drivers that work in a neighboring hub on my route. 1 told me last week that he does CPUs with cattle cars because there are no feeders to do the work. He fills 3-4 cattle cars a day.

If there is a Prime week this year, I expect that everyone on the 9/5 list in my building will get penalty pay.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
In my building, Saturday ground just started. All PT preloaders were told that they are now Tu-Sa and they will be looking for volunteers to work Mondays. We had a sign up list go up for Tu-Sa RPCD. No one signed it, 25 are either being forced or told that they may be forced to help cover vacations. We had 22.4 bids hung and no one signed them, so off the street hires were hired (either 4 or 6, I cannot remember.) They are all working routes, Tu-Sa.

Drivers that volunteer for Monday, work it as a 6th day and there is a supe at our building that goes around taking stops off those drivers to keep them under 60 (grievances have been filed.) Everyone on our 9/5 list has had at least 1 week violation and grievance for those filed. Quite a few have filed for penalty pay.

All that, and we still have drivers coming in 2-4 hours early to work the preload. 1 comes in so early, that he is dispatched with an 8 hr day, 4 days a week.

There is one feeder in my building that is having to work a 6th day every week. The regular guys have been taking it, but I have been told to expect to work a Sunday night start time if they all refuse (our feeders have Mo-Fr starts.) They are all working 60+ hours a week and whoever works Sunday, has to hustle to get finished Saturday morning. One of our guys had a 71.7 hour paycheck (the last 2 hours were spent shifting on the 6th day.) I suspect that my building is getting really close to having to bid a daytime feeder job for CPUs and another night job to bring back incoming volume. If we are 10-15% heavier for peak, we will need another building (we have a hog barn already that is loading 6-8 routes a day, plus volume that is stacked near a door for PVDs.)

I am on vacation, so I am missing the manure show (not really missing it...) Texts from the person covering my route have been interesting.

I have several drivers that work in a neighboring hub on my route. 1 told me last week that he does CPUs with cattle cars because there are no feeders to do the work. He fills 3-4 cattle cars a day.

If there is a Prime week this year, I expect that everyone on the 9/5 list in my building will get penalty pay.

We have so many 22.4s over here. It seems like they're preparing to run every car on Saturday just like any other day and creep toward Sunday.

Hot Carl

We've had them for over a year now and I've yet to see any of them work a single day inside. It's all out on the road, all on heavy routes/split cars.

We've had them for over a year now and I've yet to see any of them work a single day inside. It's all out on the road, all on heavy routes/split cars.
We had a few work inside after Peak was over. Just like a laid off low seniority package car driver. Don't call them combination jobs. They are lower paid package car drivers with no excessive OT protection.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We had a few work inside after Peak was over. Just like a laid off low seniority package car driver. Don't call them combination jobs. They are lower paid package car drivers with no excessive OT protection.
And the reason our BA gave us to vote yes...”well you guys won’t have Saturday delivery for years. So it’s nothing to worry about here”

So much for that union brotherhood

newbie777

I’m
One of the reasons I bid my current route (100% commercial) was in preparation for 22.4s. My route won’t be cut on Mondays or any other day because of them. They (unlike regular Tuesday-Saturday drivers like many of the hubs already had) will supposedly only be delivering resi stops and will bleed certain commercial pickups on Saturdays.
I’m 22.4 and they are running me on an industrial route for the past 2 weeks. My center manager mentioned me bidding on it, because nobody wants it. I thought this would make me a RPCD ( I didn’t know 22.4 could bid routes) . But there is nothing in the contract about what happens if a 22.4 wins a route. I’m assuming they will keep me 22.4 so I have to come Saturdays. I will make them cover every Monday.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I’m

I’m 22.4 and they are running me on an industrial route for the past 2 weeks. My center manager mentioned me bidding on it, because nobody wants it. I thought this would make me a RPCD ( I didn’t know 22.4 could bid routes) . But there is nothing in the contract about what happens if a 22.4 wins a route. I’m assuming they will keep me 22.4 so I have to come Saturdays. I will make them cover every Monday.
Theyre just saying that cuz theyre about to move you off that route.

clean hairy

When the workweek starts on Sunday, what creative timecard shenannigans are going on to make Monday a 6th day, with Monday being the 2nd available workday of the new week?

35years

Gravy route
When the workweek starts on Sunday, what creative timecard shenannigans are going on to make Monday a 6th day, with Monday being the 2nd available workday of the new week?
It's the 6th punch if you are T-S.
Here that means time and 1/2 pay for any work on "6th" punch