How many call-ins till its an issue?

DRporch

so i think im headed on my possibly 3rd call in(all year) tomorrow. 2nd day in a row if he lists me as a call-in was wondering when it becomes a problem for the amount call-ins you have? should i get a doctors note to wave both these days?

still new and trying to learn as much as i can

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Normally, consecutive call-ins (Mon-Tue-Wed, Fri-Mon-Tue) count as one occurrence. 5 occurrences is a warning letter, 6 is a suspension. This is also for late punches and applies to all in a 9 month rolling window. If it becomes an issue they can move to termination.
This is the policy in my area and could be different in yours. Your steward or BA can advise you better in your situation. I doubt it's an issue if your details are correct.

DRporch

Normally, consecutive call-ins (Mon-Tue-Wed, Fri-Mon-Tue) count as one occurrence. 5 occurrences is a warning letter, 6 is a suspension. This is also for late punches and applies to all in a 9 month rolling window. If it becomes an issue they can move to termination.
This is the policy in my area and could be different in yours. Your steward or BA can advise you better in your situation. I doubt it's an issue if your details are correct.

thank you, they are to the best of my knowledge i think the other day i missed they put as scheduled off but could be call-in so id be on my 3rd call-in tomorrow if i call in

W

What The Hawk?

LMAO, I think it's alot. My friend has been late over 70 times in the last 9 months and no call no shows all the time, and sometimes calls in. He just got his 3 days suspension.

TheFigurehead

Calling in consecutive days counts as a single occurrence... that is, calling in two days in a row is the same as calling in one day. You can call in more days in a row, if need be, but you need a doctor's note on the third (or more) day.

As for how many you are "allowed," while someone else outlined the "official" company stance, it really depends on what your job is, how desperate they are for people, and what the flavor of the month is. If you are pt, you can call out all of the time, and stilll keep your job. I've never seen anyone who was out of their probationary period (in my center, at least) be permanently fired for attendance. If you were in package car or feeders, I imagine they would be a whole lot more strict about it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our supplement alllows for up to 3 NC/NS without discipline. Is it really that hard to either show up or pick up the phone to tell them that you won’t be there?

DRporch

Our supplement alllows for up to 3 NC/NS without discipline. Is it really that hard to either show up or pick up the phone to tell them that you won’t be there?
It’s not hard I’m not afraid to tell them I just try to learn as much about the company as possible from this site and has done me wonders so far. I could go in but I don’t feel 100% alert and no reason for me to risk my job over one day.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
About 29 years ago I had a casual friend of the opposite sex and one night, during the week before peak, she decided that we should become intimate. Proceeded to call in two days in a row to bow to her demands.
Been paying dearly for that decision ever since. Married 26 years.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
About 29 years ago I had a casual friend of the opposite sex and one night, during the week before peak, she decided that we should become intimate. Proceeded to call in two days in a row to bow to her demands.
Been paying dearly for that decision ever since. Married 26 years.
I had the same situation roughly 29 years ago. I've been married 33. You think you're paying for it.

E

el blanco

so i think im headed on my possibly 3rd call in(all year) tomorrow. 2nd day in a row if he lists me as a call-in was wondering when it becomes a problem for the amount call-ins you have? should i get a doctors note to wave both these days?

37 in one month

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

Depends on your building and the past practices. Remember, the contract only talks about how many days UPS is required to pay. It does not dictate a specified limit.