How many call-ins till its an issue?

rod

Retired 22 years
One of the biggest butt kissing drivers we had owned two car washes on the side. He was late for work almost every morning because he would stop at his car washes and get them ready for the day. He always said he had a deal with management that his start time was "when he got there". It was like that for years and as far as I know its still that way. He also has a son and a nephew who ended up drivers. We always figured he had some other relative who was high up on the totem pole in corporate.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
One of the biggest butt kissing drivers we had owned two car washes on the side. He was late for work almost every morning because he would stop at his car washes and get them ready for the day. He always said he had a deal with management that his start time was "when he got there". It was like that for years and as far as I know its still that way. He also has a son and a nephew who ended up drivers. We always figured he had some other relative who was high up on the totem pole in corporate.
Showing up a few minutes late is one thing. Most Centers start after 9 and if a guy shows up at 10 how the hell does he get his air off? (Not that time commits matter anymore).

rod

Retired 22 years
Showing up a few minutes late is one thing. Most Centers start after 9 and if a guy shows up at 10 how the hell does he get his air off? (Not that time commits matter anymore).

I was going to say -- you still honor commit times anymore? From what I read on here it doesn't seen to be a high priority goal.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I was going to say -- you still honor commit times anymore? From what I read on here it doesn't seen to be a high priority goal.
What are commit times? Is that something you old timers had back when Ups actually cared about service?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I'm glad I don't work in ya'lls hubs, we have a driver who was late almost an hour everyday for almost a year. Got so bad they eventually had to get on him. Guess what the guy is the best driver in the building, definitely the most honest and most likable as well.

Bologna.

Anthonysg0113

so i think im headed on my possibly 3rd call in(all year) tomorrow. 2nd day in a row if he lists me as a call-in was wondering when it becomes a problem for the amount call-ins you have? should i get a doctors note to wave both these days?

still new and trying to learn as much as i can

friend-them!! If it’s like in my center, they can deal with what they have. They had to take 5 off the street because nobody inside wanted the job anymore!!

A

Article 3

so i think im headed on my possibly 3rd call in(all year) tomorrow. 2nd day in a row if he lists me as a call-in was wondering when it becomes a problem for the amount call-ins you have? should i get a doctors note to wave both these days?

We've got some here with 40+ infractions in 9 months.
That's the new Mar.

Dr.Brownz

Just keep doing it till they give you a "Verbal warning" in the office with a steward present. If they do it any other way file harassment grievances.

It's up to them to enforce their rules, I think the management handbook says 4 or 5 in 9 months. Depends on your management team.