How much is your cable and internet bill per month?

T

Turdferguson

$150 HD box, DVR, HBO ,showtime, sports package, 30mb internet, phone. Wife wants land line so don't start about it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We have Cox Cable.....used to be about $120 for internet and basic cable.

Now that everyone had to go digital, it's about $140 a month...for a year at least....then it'll probably go up. Hubby talked to them and we got a 2nd dvr free for I year. It's our total entertainment.....no trips to the movies or plays or other over-priced stuff like Disney, Universal, Sea World and all the tourist traps..

Mr.Golden

Depends what shows you like. I just pay for internet and subscribe to Netflix, Hulu and HBO Go. So maybe $60ish all together

oldngray

nowhere special
Internet, expanded basic cable without HBO or any of the premium channels $150. Time Warner monopoly. They would still be internet provider if I dropped TV so I wouldn't save much. Worth a few dollars for the convenience of not streaming everything. I even bought my own modem to save rental fees but have no choice about renting the cable box.

SmithBarney

OTA antenna with 65 channels, DSL for 9.95/month
Amazon Prime 8.25/mo(99$/yr) all the free movies and shows I want.
most cable channels shows available online for free...

onehandsolo

On average cable and satellite TV prices increase 4 times the rate of inflation. I would go the antenna route but I really like HBO and the sports that r cable only.

Mr.Golden

Where? In Butcher Holler ?? That's cheap with all those subscriptions!!!!!
Comcast, you have to tell them u don't want to be under contract so u can get away with $40 a month. I pay $10 for Netflix. My friend gave me his info so I don't have to pay HBO Go same with hulu plus. It's a good steal

rod

Retired 22 years
$156 Century-link. That's a bundled package for a land line, internet (not very fast) and Direct TV (Choice package)