How much notice are YOU giving when you retire?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Just look at all these retired bozos that come on here talking about when they were a driver...blah blah blah...you’re retired! Why would you ever care to come to a work site to talk about the very thing you hate so much? And you’re right, once you leave, no one gives 2 smile** about you and you aren’t even a memory.

this post will be deleted.
Retirees come on here to rub it in.

Shiftless

I remember when I first started. It was different. The old driver had a totally different perspective, generally speaking. It sorta makes sense. When you start, your making more money then you've ever made before. Your young and your full of energy and you feel like your body is never going to break. When your older, the money isn't so new anymore, you've been BS's by management, probably been lied to a few time and you find out your body isn't going to last forever. Possibly, you may find the company is in no hurry to keep you around. In short, you have a lot more experiences with the company than when new. A 30 year old driver is speaking from 30 years of experience, and the 5 year driver is speaking from 5 years. Crying the blues? I have no doubt, you yourself have cried the blues there more than once. But when you were crying the blues, that was probably different. That was understandable. Of course it was. It was your problem now. If you've never cried the blues there at work, then you are probably the first one in UPS history not to. Just move on if your not happy here? Yeah, that's easy to say. You and I both know, that is just so much easier to say than do for virtually anyone. What your also saying in so many words, is just accept it and shut up. Yeeahh, not everyone is as subservient as you. Some people rather question and/or fight for what they feel is right. Frustration is a part of life. Frustration isn't something you get, and throw in the towel. That's crying and giving up.

Not going to count the times YOU used you, your and you've words in your response to the thread I posted. Maybe you had a bad day? Who knows? Not going to suggest or assume anything regarding your response. Rather just let the thread and response speak for its self!

twoweeled

Not going to count the times YOU used you, your and you've words in your response to the thread I posted. Maybe you had a bad day? Who knows? Not going to suggest or assume anything regarding your response. Rather just let the thread and response speak for its self!
LOL Thanks for the word count.

twoweeled

How long have you been retired and you're still this obsessed with the company? The sad part is that the company has already forgotten all about you, but you just can't let go. I'll retire sometime in the next 1-2 years, and that's the last time I'll waste any energy worrying about UPS.
The sad part is the company has forgotten about me? Sad for who? You? Me? Nonsense in the truest sense of the word.
I'm glad you're going to retire, but there's a fair chance you'll regret deep down, never standing up. Maybe not. Worrying about UPS? Where do you sense, worry? Getting a steady check and not going into work. Uhhh, not a lot of worrying about the company. The company is what it is. I think my concern has always been hourly being pit against other hourlys, and being totally oblivious to it. We've cut our own throats for so long. But I also realize, that's just the way it is. That's not going to change. It's become worse now. Even management is cutting each others throats now.