How much notice are YOU giving when you retire?

PT Crazy

Like retire while out on your route? " Driving back, I am done." ". Ooopsie, won't be coming to work anymore." Two weeks notice? 2020 is just around the corner.

purehavanne

We had a guy just say it’s his last day and left. I had to cover his rout next day. All customers were shocked that he didn’t tell them.

oldngray

nowhere special
We had a guy just say it’s his last day and left. I had to cover his rout next day. All customers were shocked that he didn’t tell them.
I have seen people do that when they quit. Never anybody who retired.

If you want to start getting your pension right away it takes at least 30 days.

Distracted driver

Distracted Driver
Sometimes you just had enough . Be a tough decision if I knew I was retiring on a Friday and come to work Tuesday with a truck loaded by a first day employee with 1000 sec now 3000sec and just a total cluster mess with 50 misloads

Shiftless

I was like rod! Telling everyone I'm outta here soon as I can!

Altho! I was first telling telling everyone "I can't believe I turned this pt job into a ft job". Never planned to work at big brown place for too long. Then WHAMMO! I was 49 and retired! Whoulda thunk it in those first few years!

You youngin's say it was the golden era, I think for some of us we just we made the best of it and planned a good jail break!

For those who feel the need to screw the company on the way out? That's your issue! Generally speaking it makes you look like a chump! Better to savor the "WIN" when you walk!

I chose to plan my retirement and walk out Head up and Happy! I had the best time the last few weeks of working, people across the board, drivers and management congratulating me on getting to this point. Many sharing with me their plans of retirement along with those that due to poor life choices complaining they will never retire! Yet, they were all happy for me I made it!

Indecisi0n

I was like rod! Telling everyone I'm outta here soon as I can!

Altho! I was first telling telling everyone "I can't believe I turned this pt job into a ft job". Never planned to work at big brown place for too long. Then WHAMMO! I was 49 and retired! Whoulda thunk it in those first few years!

You youngin's say it was the golden era, I think for some of us we just we made the best of it and planned a good jail break!

For those who feel the need to screw the company on the way out? That's your issue! Generally speaking it makes you look like a chump! Better to savor the "WIN" when you walk!

I chose to plan my retirement and walk out Head up and Happy! I had the best time the last few weeks of working, people across the board, drivers and management congratulating me on getting to this point. Many sharing with me their plans of retirement along with those that due to poor life choices complaining they will never retire! Yet, they were all happy for me I made it!
Retired at 49, nice!

oldngray

nowhere special
It doesn't work that way, at least here it doesn't.
Technically you could do that here. You need to give them 30 days notice and while you are on vacation you are still considered working. When you send in your paperwork it all goes to HR. They are supposed to tell your local management. You don't have to tell them yourself.

Which sets up the center to fail. They have to plan based on the number of drivers they have and can suddenly get hit with unexpected retirements leaving them short handed.

Of course if they were allowed to hire more drivers it wouldn't be nearly as much of an issue.

Technically you could do that here. You need to give them 30 days notice and while you are on vacation you are still considered working. When you send in your paperwork it all goes to HR. They are supposed to tell your local management. You don't have to tell them yourself.

Which sets up the center to fail. They have to plan based on the number of drivers they have and can suddenly get hit with unexpected retirements leaving them short handed.

Of course if they were allowed to hire more drivers it wouldn't be nearly as much of an issue.
The way it works here is. You have to call up the pension and get the paperwork started. Then they send the paperwork to HR. Then you have to get it signed off at the union hall.

oldngray

nowhere special
The way it works here is. You have to call up the pension and get the paperwork started. Then they send the paperwork to HR. Then you have to get it signed off at the union hall.
Union has nothing directly to do with it here. Not even when you have problems with HR and ask for help. A lot of that was because the BA is a D* though.