How much of your information the likes of Facebook and Google store about you

oldngray

nowhere special
If that is a concern, then don’t use Facebook.

There is also the issue of facebook collecting data on people who don't even have facebook accounts and have no option to supposedly be able to delete all personal info. If someone you have contact with has an account data will also be mined about you.

rickyb

That doesn't really work when you understand every company is mining data. Don't like it? Don't use google! Not really practical in today's society.
yea i just dont think most people understand the extent to which their data is being sucked up, whos getting ahold of it, or the implications of that.

alot of people have problems even using the internet; it shouldnt be a vacuum.

BrownArmy

This.

Congress straight up failed in its ‘interrogation’ of marky-mark.

He danced around all the questions, but more importantly, there were very few serious questions asked, and Congress basically showed their complete lack of knowledge about the subject.

And, now the circus is over, does anyone think that realistic and needed change will occur?

Nope, so many distractions:

P90X isn’t running for re-election, we’re revisiting the question of ‘under what authority can Prez X bomb country Z’, FBI-Cohen-Stormy-Manafort nonsense, etc.

Fancy hearings, I don’t see much realistic and/or substantive change.

Zuckerberg: 1
Congress: 0

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
This.

He danced around all the questions, but more importantly, there were very few serious questions asked, and Congress basically showed their complete lack of knowledge about the subject.

And, now the circus is over, does anyone think that realistic and needed change will occur?

P90X isn’t running for re-election, we’re revisiting the question of ‘under what authority can Prez X bomb country Z’, FBI-Cohen-Stormy-Manafort nonsense, etc.

Yeah, it was bad. Yesterday it was mostly people that have no idea how the internet works. At least from the little we bothered to watch.

We watched a couple of hours yesterday. Today a half hour or so today. Same bs answers from zuckerberg that we saw today, but from what I've read many more participants had better questions.

BrownArmy

There was a smallish part of me that sided with Zuckerberg at times, simply because some of the questions put to him were so absurd/rambling/trying to make a point that was essentially invalid by actual facts, etc.

Again, I don’t see much changing anytime soon. I was intrigued by the European data privacy laws that will go into effect...soon?

Car-makers just go with California standards because it’s easier/simpler/neater than making several different versions of whatever car...

I wasn’t clear whether the European laws would effect Facebook in the same way.

oldngray

nowhere special
This.

All it was ever about was being a big show to score political points. Nobody expected straight answers from Zuckerberg. It did show what a weasel he is though.

vantexan

This.

Ted Cruz did a good job pointing out the political bias on Facebook.